• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Hello all,

I’ve applied for an exemption to leave Australia to validate my soon to expire Green card several times and have had no luck. It was issued to me September 2020. But I couldn’t travel until after Feb 24th due to Trump and after that I couldn’t get overseas due to lockdown.

Can anyone please help me?
Whether it be advice on how to write the exemption, point me in the right direction of who to talk to, really any tips, tricks, on how I can finally get this Visa sorted would be so appreciated. I’m really starting to stress that I have little time left before it expires.

Thanks guys,
Vanessa Moltzen
There has been some discussion on this earlier in this thread as well with people posting how they successfully did the applications - also one or two who were initially denied - you may want to scroll back. Good luck.

Hi everyone,
Just a question for all who have had their interviews cancelled in Sydney so far. Has anybody had any response from the Consulate regarding rescheduling interviews? Hopefully they are working out a way to interview those affected seeing this lockdown is not going the way we hoped! Would love to hear your thoughts......
Hope everyone is doing ok.

Hi everyone,
Just a question for all who have had their interviews cancelled in Sydney so far. Has anybody had any response from the Consulate regarding rescheduling interviews? Hopefully they are working out a way to interview those affected seeing this lockdown is not going the way we hoped! Would love to hear your thoughts......
I haven't received anything yet but i suspect that we won't hear from them until the stay at home orders are lifted (and god knows when that will happen!)

Hi everyone,
Nothing so far. Given that the stay-at-home orders won't be lifted anytime soon, I think the best course of action (for all DV interviewees in Australia) is to regularly email the Consulate every few days to somehow get these interviews rescheduled and DVs issued. The more we can "push" them to reschedule, the more likely we can see some sort of movement happening.

There are 80+ cases that are currently pending in Sydney, so even if more than half us regularly email / contact them I'm sure they will be compelled to find some way to accommodate us. They're definitely aware of the September 30 deadline, it's just that right now they probably aren't actively doing anything for DVs (since they're just waiting for restrictions to be lifted).

I'm still hopeful that things will turn around in the coming weeks but time is now ticking (it's already end of July) and it's not too far from the Sept. 30 deadline so it's up to us to somehow to get the message across to them. All this "We will get back to you as soon as restrictions are lifted" nonsense isn't helping either since it means that they're not actively doing anything and further adds to the anxiety and stress. As long as they can find some way to interview us before the deadline (even with restrictions in place) that's all that matters now, otherwise we'll just end up losing a once in a lifetime opportunity that we've all been very patiently waiting for.

Anyways, mini-rant over, would like hear others' thoughts on this and see how we can move forward :)

Nothing so far. Given that the stay-at-home orders won't be lifted anytime soon, I think the best course of action (for all DV interviewees in Australia) is to regularly email the Consulate every few days to somehow get these interviews rescheduled and DVs issued. The more we can "push" them to reschedule, the more likely we can see some sort of movement happening.

There are 80+ cases that are currently pending in Sydney, so even if more than half us regularly email / contact them I'm sure they will be compelled to find some way to accommodate us. They're definitely aware of the September 30 deadline, it's just that right now they probably aren't actively doing anything for DVs (since they're just waiting for restrictions to be lifted).

I'm still hopeful that things will turn around in the coming weeks but time is now ticking (it's already end of July) and it's not too far from the Sept. 30 deadline so it's up to us to somehow to get the message across to them. All this "We will get back to you as soon as restrictions are lifted" nonsense isn't helping either since it means that they're not actively doing anything and further adds to the anxiety and stress. As long as they can find some way to interview us before the deadline (even with restrictions in place) that's all that matters now, otherwise we'll just end up losing a once in a lifetime opportunity that we've all been very patiently waiting for.

Anyways, mini-rant over, would like hear others' thoughts on this and see how we can move forward :)
Unfortunately unless staff can physically go into the consulate they won't be able to interview us. There is no proof that an alternative (ie virtual interviews) will ever take place for immigrant visas. Negative I know, but I really don't know if bombarding them with emails will help the situation :(

Unfortunately unless staff can physically go into the consulate they won't be able to interview us. There is no proof that an alternative (ie virtual interviews) will ever take place for immigrant visas. Negative I know, but I really don't know if bombarding them with emails will help the situation :(
So this is what I was saying, they have to somehow find a way to conduct in-person interviews even if the stay-at-home orders remain in place. And this can only happen if we push them to do so. I don't really see any other way at this point (apart from simply hoping for the best).

I'm happy if they implement whatever social distancing / safety measures they deem necessary to conduct the interviews, as long as they can do so before Sept. 30, that's all that matters.

Online Interviews via Zoom would be amazing especially for people who live outside of Greater metropolitan Sydney or Interstate. We live in rural NSW and we are not currently in lockdown and although we are 2022 selectees we can appreciate how frustrating it must be for all of you who are 2020/2021 selectees.

So this is what I was saying, they have to somehow find a way to conduct in-person interviews even if the stay-at-home orders remain in place. And this can only happen if we push them to do so. I don't really see any other way at this point (apart from simply hoping for the best).

I'm happy if they implement whatever social distancing / safety measures they deem necessary to conduct the interviews, as long as they can do so before Sept. 30, that's all that matters.
Thats the thing, they don't 'have to' and that's been the case for many other countries and last year for that matter. Plenty of people missed out because there was no alternative. Also its technically not up to the consulate, if the stay at home orders are in place there are no way for them to go back into the office and have a socially distanced interview.

Thats the thing, they don't 'have to' and that's been the case for many other countries and last year for that matter. Plenty of people missed out because there was no alternative. Also its technically not up to the consulate, if the stay at home orders are in place there are no way for them to go back into the office and have a socially distanced interview.
True, but the vast majority of people missed out because KCC stopped processing cases and didn't schedule interviews due to the proclamation (PP10014?) i.e. they were never scheduled interviews in the first place. What about for people like us, whose cases have already been processed with interviews scheduled and are currently sitting at the Consulate? All that's left is for them to conduct the interview.

What you're saying is correct though, they definitely don't have any incentive to issue visas during the lockdown orders. It's such a mess and seeing 100+ cases a day in Sydney isn't helping either :( This is why I hope the situation turns around real quick and we can get interviewed in September.

So close, yet so far...

True, but the vast majority of people missed out because KCC stopped processing cases and didn't schedule interviews due to the proclamation (PP10014?) i.e. they were never scheduled interviews in the first place. What about for people like us, whose cases have already been processed with interviews scheduled and are currently sitting at the Consulate? All that's left is for them to conduct the interview.

What you're saying is correct though, they definitely don't have any incentive to issue visas during the lockdown orders. It's such a mess and seeing 100+ cases a day in Sydney isn't helping either :( This is why I hope the situation turns around real quick and we can get interviewed in September.

So close, yet so far...
Yep we are certainly sitting in uncharted waters.. we just have to hope this turns around soon!

I

So close, yet so far...
I have just emailed SydneyIV@state.gov, and I plan to keep emailing regularly. I know it might be hopeless, but I don't want to sit back and do nothing!

Thanks! Although I've pretty much given up on this year as there is no end in sight for this Sydney lockdown - I just hope the people who have had interviews cancelled end up getting their chance.
Being 'current' doesn't guarantee everyone an interview unfortunately, especially this year with all the problems KCC have been having. I'm certainly no expert on the matter but from what I understand after watching some of BritSimon's videos, it seems they prematurely made all the regions current and a lot of people will who have been selected will end up missing out on being interviewed.
An immigration lawyer isn't going to be able to help you get an interview, are you part of the lawsuit?
I looked into being a part of a lawsuit with Curits Morrison, but it appears I was too late. Do you think there is anything I can do?

I just got this email from the consulate:

"Our office will contact you with a new appointment as soon as restrictions are lifted. We appreciate your patience and will get back to you as soon as we can. We are aware of the Diversity Visa program and the eligibility dates.

The U.S. Embassy in Canberra and the U.S. Consulates General in Perth and Melbourne do not process Immigrant/fiancée Visa applications. These applications are processed at the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney only. There are no exemptions for this, nor are there options for Skype, Zoom etc."

2 weeks ago we received the 'Notification of Cancelled Immigrant Visa Services/Appointment' email.

It was good to see that we are classed as a 'PRIORITY 1 APPLICANT'

I also received another email not long afterwards.....This email specifically talks about applicants from NSW hotspots and other States and Territories, I am from a regional / rural area (no Covid)??

Did anyone get the same emails.... what are your thoughts?

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 1.16.20 pm.jpg

If anyone get the return pass to the suva embassy please share the contact details
So we all can also arrange the return pass
Thank you

2 weeks ago we received the 'Notification of Cancelled Immigrant Visa Services/Appointment' email.

It was good to see that we are classed as a 'PRIORITY 1 APPLICANT'

I also received another email not long afterwards.....This email specifically talks about applicants from NSW hotspots and other States and Territories, I am from a regional / rural area (no Covid)??

Did anyone get the same emails.... what are your thoughts?

View attachment 2820
The email about Hot Spots, I have received it any time I have sent a query to the DV email address. It appears to be a standard auto-reply.

I am a DV2020 winner with a visa issued in September 2020. Thankfully I have been issued an exemption to leave Aus and plan to do so mid August. Does anyone have any insight on whether a new medical is required? It seems to be a grey area as the lawsuit doesn’t specify whether this is a requirement. Has anyone entered successfully recently on their expired DV 2020 visa and not had a 2nd medical?
Thanks!