• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Hi and congrats to fellow DV Oceania 2021 selectees!

Thanks to ausdoughnuts for kicking off this thread. I look forward to checking in here throughout the process.

I'm sitting waaay down the pecking order @ OC27xx so I plan to just sit tight for the next 6-8 months and monitor case numbers before submitting my DS260 around March next year. I have studies to complete in AUS in 2022, so a successful visa approval anywhere between Jun-Sept 2021 would prove better timing for me anyway.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that both BritSimon's prediction of 75% 'holes' rate for the Oceania region PLUS a potential drop in applications due to the impact of COVID-19 might just see a unique acceleration of case numbers for DV2021OC's. Staying positive but realistic :)

Best of luck to all.

I’m OC18XX and am also staying positive that my number will eventually get called up for the exact same reasons!
I’m not sure if I’m reading the visa bulletin correctly but having a look at DV2020’s bulletins it looks like all case numbers can apply now? Is that what CURRENT means? I hope so because it gives me hope I might actually get a chance!

I’m OC18XX and am also staying positive that my number will eventually get called up for the exact same reasons!
I’m not sure if I’m reading the visa bulletin correctly but having a look at DV2020’s bulletins it looks like all case numbers can apply now? Is that what CURRENT means? I hope so because it gives me hope I might actually get a chance!

OC18XX is almost certainly safe. Relax.

I got OC21XX. Not really sure what the odds are but fingures crossed
If there are as many holes this year as there was last year (and we dont have or continue to have a pandemic) that number should be fine!!
Congrats on your win, sit back, relax and enjoy the journey - its a long one!!

Second time applying and got selected OC15xx. I’m already in the US on a J1 which will end next May so hope for approval by then!

Third time applying. My wife was selected this time with OC24XX. I thought this would be way too high, but hopefully not. Will see.

Second time applying and got selected OC15xx. I’m already in the US on a J1 which will end next May so hope for approval by then!

it’s probably unlikely that you will have your interview by May...historically the range of numbers for May interview are 700-1200 range. I myself had 2018OC12XX and had my interview in August 2018.

Look at the spreadsheet here for historical info
http://britsimonsays.com/historical-visa-bulletin-numbers/

Just so you can think about your plan and your interview location.

it’s probably unlikely that you will have your interview by May...historically the range of numbers for May interview are 700-1200 range. I myself had 2018OC12XX and had my interview in August 2018.

Look at the spreadsheet here for historical info
http://britsimonsays.com/historical-visa-bulletin-numbers/

Just so you can think about your plan and your interview location.

There are vastly more holes now, so numbers move faster, although the ban could impact things of course.

Hi. Please someone from Fiji who can guide me on how to obtain police certificate/records since report are not given directly to applicants but KCC will need document for processing. Below is information taken from Fiji police Webpage.
  • Police report prepared by the Fiji Police Force cannot be forwarded directly to the applicant but will be sent to the authority, which requires the report.

Hi All,

Thanks ausdoughnuts, for creating this forum. Its a great idea for us all to connect and share experiences etc.

I only recently found this site through, AskBritSimon, who has an amazingly helpful page (for those who are not already aware of it).

I hope everyone has found the process enjoyable so far, I have recently sent my DS form across and now getting together my documents to send to the KCC as I have a relatively low number 677.

I'm curious to see how has everyone found the process so far?

Look forward to connecting with you all.

Thanks
Sophia

If there are as many holes this year as there was last year (and we dont have or continue to have a pandemic) that number should be fine!!
Congrats on your win, sit back, relax and enjoy the journey - its a long one!!
Thanks Aidyn, those dates and time frames are really helpful =)

Whoops, does anyone know how to delete a post?

Just read its best not to share personal details inc. Case number :/

Hi All!

Congratulations everyone, I'm OC24XX. Also hoping there will be a drop in numbers. Will be submitting my DS form within the next week or so. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Alex :)