• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Hello,does someone know if they start issuing dv 2020 visas in january and there are 9000 reserved does this mean that this will collide with dv2021 winners and that not all dv2021 visas will be issued.That would be a lot of work for embassies and KCC and we also lost three months plus now this.I am totally confused.
yes, you are right.. DV2021 will be the worst DV program ever

Hi, I have a question, I'm an Iranian/Canadian Citizen and I live in Canada, I was wondering if you could assist me on what I should put as my passport number in the DV lottery application? Can I also put my Canadian address?

Should I put a Canadian Passport or Iranian passport? My Iranian passport will expire in 2022 also.

Thanks for all your help.

This is my first time applying and I want to apply for my parents as well, Can I input the same email address and phone number or I have to put different contact information?
Thanks for your help.

Hi, I have a question, I'm an Iranian/Canadian Citizen and I live in Canada, I was wondering if you could assist me on what I should put as my passport number in the DV lottery application? Can I also put my Canadian address?

Should I put a Canadian Passport or Iranian passport? My Iranian passport will expire in 2022 also.

Thanks for all your help.
Are you talking about applying for DV2022?

Hi folks. I have a question, my Aunt got selected 2021AF16XXX, she is above 50, her youngest kid who was below 21 by the time of applying is now in the US studying. We want to fill now DS 260 which resulted in having so many questions.
1. While filling DS260 she has also to mention the daughter, right?
2. The daughter who is already in the US is she going to do AOS? or she will come back for an interview?
1. She must read the instructions on the DS260 and follow them. Short answer yes.
2. Best she goes back for interview.

Reactions: Yvt
Hi folks. I have a question, my Aunt got selected 2021AF16XXX, she is above 50, her youngest kid who was below 21 by the time of applying is now in the US studying. We want to fill now DS 260 which resulted in having so many questions.
1. While filling DS260 she has also to mention the daughter, right?
2. The daughter who is already in the US is she going to do AOS? or she will come back for an interview?

1. Yes she has to mention all her children (including the one in the US) on her DS260 form.
2. The daughter has two options (assuming she hasn’t aged out by the time her mom’s CN becomes current): she either flies back home to attend the interview with her mom, or wait until the mom gets approved and enters the US, then files AOS (bear in mind the AOS process must be completed by the end of the applicable FY).

Reactions: Yvt
yes for dv2022 but it same as dv2021 , I'm just asking how to fill it out . SHould i input my Canadian passport or Iranian passport information?
There is a thread for dv2022 here https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2022.343279/
We keep different topics to different threads.
No need to be impatient as you can’t submit till 7 October anyway at the earliest. And please ensure you read the official instructions properly before you do. You can submit any valid passport information.

My case number is current in visa bulletin for october 2020 (2021af1xxx)
I have recieved email that my documents is complete and i ready to be scedule for interview

I want an email sample to send to kcc to ask them when will be my interview date ?

Can any one help me ?

I have one more question regarding dv2021 , If someone is not selected in May , does he/she have to check back again now , Can the status be change?

I have one more question regarding dv2021 , If someone is not selected in May , does he/she have to check back again now , Can the status be change?
Sometimes happen to have a second draw at the end of September ,early October but this will not happen with dv2021 because there are a lot of winner.

My case number is current in visa bulletin for october 2020 (2021af1xxx)
I have recieved email that my documents is complete and i ready to be scedule for interview

I want an email sample to send to kcc to ask them when will be my interview date ?

Can any one help me ?

I think we should wait extra time as Britsimon said till December- January
Unless the worse scenario Trump wins the election and extend the ban
At that moment all DV2021 low and High CNs will be effected badly

Hello,does someone know if they start issuing dv 2020 visas in january and there are 9000 reserved does this mean that this will collide with dv2021 winners and that not all dv2021 visas will be issued.That would be a lot of work for embassies and KCC and we also lost three months plus now this.I am totally confused.
There is no such confirmation that the reserved 9000 visa applicants will be interviewed on January. We just have to wait and see. If that happens I hope KCC and embassies will expedite the process allowing the maximum number of applicants to get their visas.

Fiscal year ended,i dont see how it is possible to issue visas for previous year when the law clearly say that no one will claim nothing after end of september.It makes no sense,you need to change the law in order to issue extra visas.I think that of this 9000 visas will be nothing in the end.I think that lawyers are pushing this story in order to earn extra.If judge Mehta had any power,he would extended deadline but he cannot do that because law is not alowing him and he cannot change the law.And also he would order continuation if interviews in oct ,nov.,dec.Why would he allow those months to pass unused?He can do nothing more because fiscal year is over.If i am wrong,then why i cannot see status of my dv2020 aplication?It says that fiscal year is over.

Fiscal year ended,i dont see how it is possible to issue visas for previous year when the law clearly say that no one will claim nothing after end of september.It makes no sense,you need to change the law in order to issue extra visas.I think that of this 9000 visas will be nothing in the end.I think that lawyers are pushing this story in order to earn extra.If judge Mehta had any power,he would extended deadline but he cannot do that because law is not alowing him and he cannot change the law.And also he would order continuation if interviews in oct ,nov.,dec.Why would he allow those months to pass unused?He can do nothing more because fiscal year is over.If i am wrong,then why i cannot see status of my dv2020 aplication?It says that fiscal year is over.

This is a thread for DV2021.

Hi Guys, Happy to be in this forum. At the moment i think all of us are confused even immigration lawyers, our great friend Brit as well. This is sort of an extra special incident. "Please note that the diversity visas that the court ordered the State Department to reserve will not be processed or issued immediately. We must continue litigating the case in federal court. If we win, the State Department will be required to process and issue the reserved visas. " This was quoted from statement from ALIA. This statement indicates that there are some more additional work and effort is required to use those 9095 visas. In Brit's live video, a person has asked about a law suit for dv 2021. Brit replied by saying he will talk about it after 1 month. I think next month by this time, we can know the election results as well. cheers

Hi Guys, Happy to be in this forum. At the moment i think all of us are confused even immigration lawyers, our great friend Brit as well. This is sort of an extra special incident. "Please note that the diversity visas that the court ordered the State Department to reserve will not be processed or issued immediately. We must continue litigating the case in federal court. If we win, the State Department will be required to process and issue the reserved visas. " This was quoted from statement from ALIA. This statement indicates that there are some more additional work and effort is required to use those 9095 visas. In Brit's live video, a person has asked about a law suit for dv 2021. Brit replied by saying he will talk about it after 1 month. I think next month by this time, we can know the election results as well. cheers
if really it is a lawsuit for 2021 selectees, I will join

Hello everyone.
I have a specific question concern the extended travel ban which included sudan due to lack of security background checklist as recommended by the states . Which can be waved under 3 circumstances security cleared if their is harm or for national benefit. Also if you have first degree relative living in the states.
My question is . Does the sudan embassy required to at least process the selectee at this time or they don't have to. Is there anyway to help this case speacialy it's current on nov
Thanks