• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020?

Lost hope for this program but good luck to everyone else!

Time goes fast no doubt. I´m now living in Europe so lets see if i get a little more luck over here and be part of the SA winners

Oh nice, I didn't put USA as my country of residence while applying for this year, I am currently on an island - dunno if that will help any, the numbers that apply from here are ridiculously low so the amount of visas they give are next to nothing.

Lost hope for this program but good luck to everyone else!

Oh nice, I didn't put USA as my country of residence while applying for this year, I am currently on an island - dunno if that will help any, the numbers that apply from here are ridiculously low so the amount of visas they give are next to nothing.

The selection is based on regions and they take into account your country of birth for the selection.

Last edited:
i hope this time i can tell like that " my case number is xxx, my case number is xxx":cool: . Good luck guys
Good Luck to you too...lawm......There's always time for everything and everything happens for a reason. Am also hoping to be selected this year with a high case number. I've been applying since 2013. Good luck all

Good Luck to you too...lawm......There's always time for everything and everything happens for a reason. Am also hoping to be selected this year with a high case number. I've been applying since 2013. Good luck all

Did u say high case number?

The one thing I hate about this lottery, is the fact that you have NO clue if you have even participated or not. Say for example that each time you are disqualified for some reasons, wrong position of picture etc, and you keep playing and praying for no reason.. Truly sucks when you think about it.

The one thing I hate about this lottery, is the fact that you have NO clue if you have even participated or not. Say for example that each time you are disqualified for some reasons, wrong position of picture etc, and you keep playing and praying for no reason.. Truly sucks when you think about it.
If you are disqualified for incorrect picture or information then you only have yourself to blame - there are clear instructions on what you need to do and they even provide a photo checking tool. Take responsibility for your information and application then you'll have nothing to wonder about :)

If you are disqualified for incorrect picture or information then you only have yourself to blame - there are clear instructions on what you need to do and they even provide a photo checking tool. Take responsibility for your information and application then you'll have nothing to wonder about :)

It seems like you have misunderstood me. The picture was just an example. But I will also add this. The picture tool is not as fool proof as you may think. I've spoken with at least 10 people who found it confusing, because they were not certain where the face, chin etc had to be within the 2 green circles etc.

The overall point was to the person above who said he was playing since 2013. Technically, if he makes the same mistake, without knowing it.. he could be essentially failing for the last 6 years because of it, since the system would not notify you.

It seems like you have misunderstood me. The picture was just an example. But I will also add this. The picture tool is not as fool proof as you may think. I've spoken with at least 10 people who found it confusing, because they were not certain where the face, chin etc had to be within the 2 green circles etc.

The overall point was to the person above who said he was playing since 2013. Technically, if he makes the same mistake, without knowing it.. he could be essentially failing for the last 6 years because of it, since the system would not notify you.
If the electronic entry allows you to submit the photo then it is entered, and any photo issue that might be disqualifying only happens at interview. The only thing that will get your entry disqualified by the system rather than a consular officer (at interview stage) is if you submit duplicate entries which you will know is against the rules. So no, you won’t be disqualified every year for an unknown error.

Well think of it this way. If you really spend 6 years doing something and never bother to read/understand and follow a simple set of instructions, perhaps you don't merit inclusion in the lottery process...