• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

My # is super high and I'm currently on an E3 in the US, so I would rather keep until it's called. Thanks so much for clearing that up :)
As sm1smom said, that’s not a good strategy, you risk missing out entirely that way. Follow the numbers to judge in advance - you’ll need at least a few months for you and KCC to get all the ducks in a row for an interview after ds260 submission.

Is it ok to request a DS-260 unlock after I have submitted my documents and awaiting my 2NL which wil be many months away as I have a high case number 17## I have started a new job in a new field is it worth the unlock or just keep being patient and wait in case anything else changes? Cheers

Is it ok to request a DS-260 unlock after I have submitted my documents and awaiting my 2NL which wil be many months away as I have a high case number 17## I have started a new job in a new field is it worth the unlock or just keep being patient and wait in case anything else changes? Cheers
I would wait a little while. You have plenty of time to change it

Hi All. Could you advise if there is any possibility of sponsoring your spouse after you have received and activated your diversity visa and the turn around time for embassy to process. And or advise what is the best way to get your spouse across if you are on diversity visa and in Unites States

Hi All. Could you advise if there is any possibility of sponsoring your spouse after you have received and activated your diversity visa and the turn around time for embassy to process. And or advise what is the best way to get your spouse across if you are on diversity visa and in Unites States
Some things to clarify here - is your spouse listed on your original entry? I seem to recall you saying you were going to get married after you were selected. Are you married now but not wanting her to process with you or not yet married and want to do it after you get your green card?

Not married yet coz we still live in different countries. And yap not listed in the entry, and probably have to do it when i receive my green card which most likely i should coz i have lower case number

Not married yet coz we still live in different countries. And yap not listed in the entry, and probably have to do it when i receive my green card which most likely i should coz i have lower case number
These are the differences: marry her now, she gets a DV at $330 and comes with you
Sponsor her later - you file an i130 ($535), it will probably take 2-3 years after filing before she can join you, you will have to show proof of income to sponsor her and get a pile of proof together of a bona fide relationship (OK, you'll need the latter proof anyway for a marriage after selection).

If you get married at any time before your interview you will need to add her to your DS260 whether or not she comes with you now. But seriously, what is the benefit to you of waiting to sponsor her later? Higher cost, more hassle and another 2-3 years apart?

thanks friend for much required information.
i wish i could marry now but we are currently miles apart and no possibility of coming together for another 3 months. and i expect my interview in early November. but good to know that i can still sponsor her when on diversity visa only. and you mean i can sponsor at the earliest or do i have to wait for any time period before i could lodge for her. thanks

thanks friend for much required information.
i wish i could marry now but we are currently miles apart and no possibility of coming together for another 3 months. and i expect my interview in early November. but good to know that i can still sponsor her when on diversity visa only. and you mean i can sponsor at the earliest or do i have to wait for any time period before i could lodge for her. thanks

Ok, maybe I wasn’t clear enough above. If you want to sponsor her on a diversity visa, you have to marry her and add h as a derivative to your case/list her as a derivative on your form first, before your case gets sent to the embassy for interview. If you are not scheduled yet you can try call KCC to postpone the interview, if it is just a case of a few months needed.
If you don’t do that and you get the DV alone, then you lose the opportunity to use DV for her and then your only option is to file a F2A spouse visa application for her, which you can only do once you have entered the US and have LPR status, and then it is the long wait etc.

Finally been added to my husbands ds-260! What a time. I've lived in 10 houses since I was 15 and the site reset twice after that section so it took sooo long. It was painful. :oops:

We received the email to send documents prior to me being added. Do you guys reckon we can send them soon or wait for another email to say I've been processed?

Yeah I have moved a lot so listing all my addresses was a big pain. Heck even remembering them all was a mission. But hey, I got the GC so worth it in the end.

Finally been added to my husbands ds-260! What a time. I've lived in 10 houses since I was 15 and the site reset twice after that section so it took sooo long. It was painful. :oops:

We received the email to send documents prior to me being added. Do you guys reckon we can send them soon or wait for another email to say I've been processed?
You can send docs for both of you now, no need to wait

Hi all, this has probably been answered somewhere along the line before so apologies if im repeating a question but do all family members (derivatives) have to be present on the first trip through a POE to activate the green card? I am the selectee and have a trip to the US booked prior to a second trip where my wife and 3 kids will be with me. Is this an issue or will my GC be processed when I first enter the US and then the other 4 processed on the second visit?

Hi all, this has probably been answered somewhere along the line before so apologies if im repeating a question but do all family members (derivatives) have to be present on the first trip through a POE to activate the green card? I am the selectee and have a trip to the US booked prior to a second trip where my wife and 3 kids will be with me. Is this an issue or will my GC be processed when I first enter the US and then the other 4 processed on the second visit?

All visa holders have to enter before their visas expire, and the principal needs to enter either with or before the derivatives. So your plan is fine. You will be processed when you first enter, and your family when they enter - all fine as long as everyone is in before their visas expire.

All visa holders have to enter before their visas expire, and the principal needs to enter either with or before the derivatives. So your plan is fine. You will be processed when you first enter, and your family when they enter - all fine as long as everyone is in before their visas expire.
Thank you SusieQQQ.

So I have my medical in a sealed unopened envelope to take with me to my interview but then I read online that I will have to take an unsealed envelope with me at the POE to be given to the border officers. Is this the same unopened envelope or is this a different thing?

So I have my medical in a sealed unopened envelope to take with me to my interview but then I read online that I will have to take an unsealed envelope with me at the POE to be given to the border officers. Is this the same unopened envelope or is this a different thing?
Different.