• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

This was someone who clearly doesn't speak English well, but was polite in their first message. You were then incredibly rude to him/her just because they couldn't speak English well.

And then you have the gall to attack them for being rude?

It's obvious you feel like a big shot and you think it's ok to be rude to others.

How about you treat other people as human beings who deserve respect, regardless of their ability to speak English, and ignore someone if they annoy you.

Enough of your "corrections" please. I don't need it. This forum is here to help people, and I and others do that. I also moderate here, and will do so how I see fit, including pointing out actual rude behavior when I see it. You are welcome to ask and answer questions. I have been here several years doing just that. You are not a moderator, so leave that to me or other moderators. Thanks.

And there have been enough years when some or all regions have ended under cutoff and people never got an interview. One of those is currently on the boards again and has mentioned the problems she had renewing her B visa, having submitted a ds260 previously. You may or may not be aware that under US law, any applicant for a non-immigrant visa is presumed to have immigrant intent and the burden is on the applicant to prove otherwise to get that visa. That burden becomes much, much harder when you have already clearly demonstrated immigrant intent through submission of a DS260.

Nothing wrong with giving a contradicting opinion, but rather than just calling someone a “loudmouth”, have something to back it up with.
AND... I think @SusieQQQ is talking about me. And, as usual, SHE IS RIGHT! I filed my DS260 and sent it right away because it was by regular mail, And I didn't knew anything about the process... AAAANNNNDDD I didn't get the chance to an interview but did had a really hard time when renewing my tourist visa. What saved me was that I had SEVERAL entries to the US and was able to convince the CO that I wasn't going to immigrate illegally.

AND... I think @SusieQQQ is talking about me. And, as usual, SHE IS RIGHT! I filed my DS260 and sent it right away because it was by regular mail, And I didn't knew anything about the process... AAAANNNNDDD I didn't get the chance to an interview but did had a really hard time when renewing my tourist visa. What saved me was that I had SEVERAL entries to the US and was able to convince the CO that I wasn't going to immigrate illegally.

You and other cases Veronice - what Susie is talking about is not at all uncommon. Having made an immigrant application is a factor that is considered (but guidance says it will not be the ONLY factor used). So - it won't by itself cause a denial, but makes denial more likely in a case not well supported by other positive factors.

@dropspace I just deleted your latest "correction" of me, you just don't seem to get it.

You have now posted in this forum 5 times (one deleted).

One post was asking a question even though you quoted something that I had explained and you misunderstood.

Your next post was in response to Mijoro where she pointed out where you could find you answer on my blog, and you realized the answer was there all the time.

Then you have wasted three more posts pointing out how rude I am and in the latest one how you are a decent person, unlike me, and how I should treat people with respect.

Meanwhile I have posted in this forum over 13500 times, generally helpful and respectful posts and having helped literally thousands of people all around the world, and at the same time 10s of thousands more answers on my blog. But you think I should treat people with respect????

This is a "happy" and useful little forum and so far you have contributed NOTHING to that harmony and usefulness.

So, don't you feel you should sit back and think before coming here and wasting your time and mine with your silliness? No need to respond. Just stop.

Last edited:
Wow! Is it just me or are there a number of viperish posters this year! I just wanted to comment and say that although I am a lurking lottery hopeful, I have appreciated all of the advice given by our mods and a few long term members who have achieved the dream. Please heed their advice and ignore the vipers. These wonderful people volunteer their time to help people through what could be a challenging and stressful life event. Thank you. You are very appreciated.

forgot about my lottery
found out i won the lottery
DS260 front of me

pay for my police checks with card
then found this forum googling
and find this thread conveniently
and realise that my case number OC19xx has no chance

i suppose i should check back in a few months, to see if my situation has improved eh

Last edited:
Hey Jiminy well first all congratulations!

Question did you put in your ds260 form yet?

As it stands it’s still too early to know what is going to happen with the higher numbers. Yes given the past history it’s unlikely to make the interview stage but nothing is ever certain so be sure to keep an eye on this thread.

Question did you put in your ds260 form yet?
I submitted it the same day I saw that I had won... didn't realise that I already had a case number.

I thought those were given after you submitted the DS260, so I rushed it through. Seems that you can't retract these things, so it looks like I now have the mark of the beast (immigrant intent)

It’s fine what’s done is done. Fingers crossed that your number is called. Be sure to check out BritSimons blog it’s full of great information.

The August visa bulletin is confusing me with such a low number of applicants! Does that mean our numbers may become current quicker or take longer?

The August visa bulletin is confusing me with such a low number of applicants! Does that mean our numbers may become current quicker or take longer?

Case numbers will move faster than previous years. There are huge holes particularly in OC - so for instance case number 2000 will only have about 600 cases ahead of them.

OC is looking good at ALL numbers.

A new disqualification algorithm.

If there are big holes in OC, I’m guessing it’s not a fraud-related algorithm.
Time to find out again if any selectees were selected with re-used photos? We know that still worked for DV19 but maybe it’s been tightened up now. Anecdotally it did seem like a lot of people used the same photo again. (Not sure if it would be enough to make big holes though.)

If there are big holes in OC, I’m guessing it’s not a fraud-related algorithm.
Time to find out again if any selectees were selected with re-used photos? We know that still worked for DV19 but maybe it’s been tightened up now. Anecdotally it did seem like a lot of people used the same photo again. (Not sure if it would be enough to make big holes though.)
I have a question about this, @SusieQQQ: I've seen many cases where they used the same photo in the entry and in a past tourist visa, and that leads to denial (also to the annulment of the tourist visa). But if someone (NOT ME, I SWEAR) use the same photo for entry in dv2019 and dv2020, winning only on dv2020, would they notice it? Will that be a reason for denial? I have a friend going through this (same photo used in dv2019 and dv2020, winning in 2020) and some people (in a spanish speaking group) said they had the same picture on entries and their visas were issued. THANK YOU :)

Last edited:
I have a question about this, @SusieQQQ: I've seen many cases where they used the same photo in the entry and in a past tourist visa, and that leads to denial (also to the annulment of the tourist visa). But if someone (NOT ME, I SWEAR) use the same photo for entry in dv2019 and dv2020, winning only on dv2020, would they notice it? Will that be a reason for denial? I have a friend going through this (same photo used in dv2019 and dv2020, winning in 2020) and some people (in a spanish speaking group) said they had the same picture on entries and their visas were issued. THANK YOU :)

So, this anedcote does indicate repeated use of a photo still does not disqualify before selection.

But the answer to your question is part of what we don’t know. Technically it’s not allowed, in practice so far, like you, we have heard of people doing it and being ok. I’ve never heard of the denials for using same photo as a tourist visa before, that’s interesting and shows they do take the criterion somewhat seriously. It’s not a risk I’d take personally as they could decide at any time to implement it with respect to previous entry photos too.