• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

Below is my Embassy Experience earlier this week.
2020AF3***
Embassy - Nairobi
Woke up early at 2.30am, arrived at the embassy around 6.20am. Our appointment was for 7am.
Was drizzling as we went through the first security check
At least the second security is well covered from rain.
The third security check is very intense & had to leave behind our phones.
Obtained the token number at the first desk inside the embassy building.
Called in for documents notably Passport plus copy, Birth certificate plus copy, KCSE Certificate plus copy, Marriage certificate plus copy & Police certificate without copy. I could see the lady already had my certified KCSE copy. Then she asked for the affidavit of support which I did NOT have. I explained I have the invite letter & my financial statements. She said she will not take those & that worried me.
The lady asked whether we had made Visa payments and sent us to the Cashier.
After payment we were asked to wait outside where it was very cold.
After about 1 hour we were called to face the CO and the Affidavit of support issue still bothered me.
CO, started by swearing all including the kids.
CO, So who is your Host ?
Me , blahblahblah
CO, So who is he to you ?
Me, blahblahblah
CO, all your Visas are approved. They will be ready for collection in one week. Have you registered with DHL ? Gave me USCS forms and advised I make $220 payments for each applicant.
Pls note this is NOT a shortened version of the interview. That was it.
Thank you for this forum.
Thank you for the details, My Sponsor seems not to respond recently, You said the CO did not take your financial statement. If am wrong how much did you prepare with? Am talking to another one but i have to prepare for the worst case.

Thank you for the details, My Sponsor seems not to respond recently, You said the CO did not take your financial statement. If am wrong how much did you prepare with? Am talking to another one but i have to prepare for the worst case.
Try and get another sponsor as much as possible
For the financial statement, it really doesn't matter how much you need to show rather you'll have to show how much you have. If they need $10K and you have $20K you'll provide a $20K one on the other hand if they need $10K and you have $2K that's all you can show
So to be safe, get a sponsor. BAHATI YA MWENZIO USILALIE MLANGO WAZI. You never know how the CO will handle you. Better safe than sorry

Hi guys, this is an interview experience that happened today. Shared with permission

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE IN USA EMBASSY.
DATE:10TH DECEMBER
TIME:7:00AM
CASE NO:6k

Single Mum (1) daughter

We woke up,at 4:30,we prayed and we prepared ourselves.we left the house at 5:35 and we were at the embassy at 6:10.we found many people have already lined up and we joined them.

Security personnel came and brifed us on what to avoid when getting in.suddenly the rains started, ooh my God my make ups my hair and we did not have un umbrella ☔my girl told me it's shower's of blessings so don't worry mum.

With rains, the main gate was open and those interviews were from 6:30 to7 were the first ones to be checked , so we were lucky.we were asked for Appointment letter and pps and then we were checked, next was a Small desk where there's a Lady who checked our interview time and register in her iPad.

Second security, they asked for our appointment letter and pps, we were told to switch off the fons and put them on the tray together with watches coins and belts(any metallic item).we were allowed inside,and our items were put aside as we pass through the scanner.my shoe had a kametalI had to remove them.i picked them after passing scanner.

We went straight to where interview was conducted and at the reception we were asked for 2nl and we were given token number and a small sheet of paper to write our Case no ,email address ,and telephone no and told to wait outside for our number to be called.its verrrrry Cold there, keep warm.. We were called at counter no 8, were we found a very friendly African Lady.
Her: Goodmorning xxx
Me: morning too
Her: Goodmorning yyy
My girl: Good morning too.
She took my fingers print and asked for my pps,birth certs, kcse cert, my college certs and 2 post photo for two of us .
Me:I handed over to her
Her:xxx, have you ever been married
Me:No
Her:have you ever traveled out of this country
Her:have you ever served in millitary?
Her:have you ever convicted?
Me: No.
She instructed us on how to pay then she told us to wait for the main interview as we wait outside for our token to be called again.

While out side, panicking started☹I was so worried butterflies were all-over my body, and after few minutes we were called at counter no 7.i found a white lady.
CO: morning
Me: morning too madam
CO: Goodmorning young girl
My girl: Good morning too madam
CO: how old are you?
My girl:12yrs
CO: Raise your right am and swear that all you are going to say is true.
Me: I raised with confidence
She also took my fingerprints as she scaned something in her computer.
CO; when did you finished your high school?
Me:xxxxx
CO:what are you doing current
CO: can't find your certificate from knec?
Me:I have gone there several times ,and I was there on last week on Friday and they told me that they have already sent to you,I have I paper that they gave me and also bank slip that I paid.
CO:let me then confirm as she goes to the back office.
Hapo nkajuwa kwisha MimiAp direct.
CO:I got it you are lucky , it's true they delivered on Friday .
Me:thank you
CO:who is dd?
Me:my host
CO: where does she work and live?
Me: Delaware
CO: where does the husband work
Me:xxx
CO: how comes you took your daughter's birth certificate last year when she was 11yrs?(Stone face)
CO::where is the other birth certificate??
Me:( trembling)it got lost
CO:so she has 2 birth certificates?
Me:No No,the notification is the one got lost.(I realized I have made mistake Jesus come and rescue me)
CO:while shouting at me with her eyes wideBUT YOU HAVE TOLD ME THAT THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS THE ONE THAT GOT LOST?
ME:pia Mimi nkakondoa macho zangu no, no I met birth certificate notification is the one got lost that's why I delayed to take her certificate.

She turns to my daughter , while her eyes were
CO:yyy, have your ever visited your grandparents from your father's side?
My girl:No madam
CO:have you ever met you Daddy?
CO:do you know him?
My girl:No

Okay, everything seems to be fine has she was typing something in her computer,and boom I have approved your VISA.
We were so happy,I couldn't believe my eyes. Venye nilikuwa nmejimixwe thanked her and she gave us a white paper .nlitoka hapo kama kipchoge‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀1:59 tulikuwa kwa nyumba.thanks be to God.

Hi guys, this is an interview experience that happened today. Shared with permission

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE IN USA EMBASSY.
DATE:10TH DECEMBER
TIME:7:00AM
CASE NO:6k

Single Mum (1) daughter

We woke up,at 4:30,we prayed and we prepared ourselves.we left the house at 5:35 and we were at the embassy at 6:10.we found many people have already lined up and we joined them.

Security personnel came and brifed us on what to avoid when getting in.suddenly the rains started, ooh my God my make ups my hair and we did not have un umbrella ☔my girl told me it's shower's of blessings so don't worry mum.

With rains, the main gate was open and those interviews were from 6:30 to7 were the first ones to be checked , so we were lucky.we were asked for Appointment letter and pps and then we were checked, next was a Small desk where there's a Lady who checked our interview time and register in her iPad.

Second security, they asked for our appointment letter and pps, we were told to switch off the fons and put them on the tray together with watches coins and belts(any metallic item).we were allowed inside,and our items were put aside as we pass through the scanner.my shoe had a kametalI had to remove them.i picked them after passing scanner.

We went straight to where interview was conducted and at the reception we were asked for 2nl and we were given token number and a small sheet of paper to write our Case no ,email address ,and telephone no and told to wait outside for our number to be called.its verrrrry Cold there, keep warm.. We were called at counter no 8, were we found a very friendly African Lady.
Her: Goodmorning xxx
Me: morning too
Her: Goodmorning yyy
My girl: Good morning too.
She took my fingers print and asked for my pps,birth certs, kcse cert, my college certs and 2 post photo for two of us .
Me:I handed over to her
Her:xxx, have you ever been married
Her:have you ever traveled out of this country
Her:have you ever served in millitary?
Her:have you ever convicted?
Me: No.
She instructed us on how to pay then she told us to wait for the main interview as we wait outside for our token to be called again.

While out side, panicking started☹I was so worried butterflies were all-over my body, and after few minutes we were called at counter no 7.i found a white lady.
CO: morning
Me: morning too madam
CO: Goodmorning young girl
My girl: Good morning too madam
CO: how old are you?
My girl:12yrs
CO: Raise your right am and swear that all you are going to say is true.
Me: I raised with confidence
She also took my fingerprints as she scaned something in her computer.
CO; when did you finished your high school?
CO:what are you doing current
CO: can't find your certificate from knec?
Me:I have gone there several times ,and I was there on last week on Friday and they told me that they have already sent to you,I have I paper that they gave me and also bank slip that I paid.
CO:let me then confirm as she goes to the back office.
Hapo nkajuwa kwisha MimiAp direct.
CO:I got it you are lucky , it's true they delivered on Friday .
Me:thank you
CO:who is dd?
Me:my host
CO: where does she work and live?
Me: Delaware
CO: where does the husband work
Me:xxx
CO: how comes you took your daughter's birth certificate last year when she was 11yrs?(Stone face)
CO::where is the other birth certificate??
Me:( trembling)it got lost
CO:so she has 2 birth certificates?
Me:No No,the notification is the one got lost.(I realized I have made mistake Jesus come and rescue me)
CO:while shouting at me with her eyes wideBUT YOU HAVE TOLD ME THAT THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS THE ONE THAT GOT LOST?
ME:pia Mimi nkakondoa macho zangu no, no I met birth certificate notification is the one got lost that's why I delayed to take her certificate.

She turns to my daughter , while her eyes were
CO:yyy, have your ever visited your grandparents from your father's side?
CO:have you ever met you Daddy?
CO:do you know him?
My girl:No

Okay, everything seems to be fine has she was typing something in her computer,and boom I have approved your VISA.
We were so happy,I couldn't believe my eyes. Venye nilikuwa nmejimixwe thanked her and she gave us a white paper .nlitoka hapo kama kipchoge‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀1:59 tulikuwa kwa nyumba.thanks be to God.
Great @Maggie.n
This gives us hope
Guys are so quiet with their success stories, I even thought everyone is being denied
This is good news

Hi just got selected for 2020 do I need my ksce certificate certified by knec
Welcome @Babycookie to the forum of champions
Yes, as advised by @Maggie.n you will need it sent direct to the embassy by KNEC
Visit National Bank and fill the KNEC forms, pay the amount and go with the slip plus a copy of your certificate to KNEC offices.
Start the process after you get your 2NL
What's your case number

I submitted my documents (passport,birth cert etc)6 weeks ago and was told I will receive the next instructions after the said period.
But now I haven't....what should I do

I went to replace the "analog" passport so as to acquire the digital one. I was asked for birth cert among other documents. But they realised my last name on birth cert is different plus a spelling mistake on middle name.
In my birth cert i use: Nick Derick Omondi
In all other documents(Kcse, kcpe, national id, old passport) i use: Nick Derrick Chris.
Chris is my surname. Omondi is ethnic name given to me by grandma to mean "born in the morning".
I had a similar problem while applying passport back in 2017 at Nairobi, however, i just presented affidavit from commissioner of oaths and the officer accepted. I thought i would do the same this time but they refused. I was asked to change name on birth cert to Nick Derrick Chris.
I'm kinda stranded cause, this same birth cert i had given to KCC together wth other documents and is under process. So i feel changing it will interfere wth a lot of things. Moreover, i had added the name "OMONDI" on ds-260 as other given names.
Ladies and Gentlemen what should i do??? Help !