• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

I can only assume that's the new ID/DL type they are doing now. As for PCC, this is what I found. Also note this is after 2NL too.

KENYAN CITIZEN

E-Police Clearance Certificate Application (Adult)

For application of Police Clearance Certificate:

Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
Select the mode of payment and pay for the police Clearance.
Download and print two (2) copies of your invoice, and one copy of your C24 on both sides On an A4 paper
Present the C24 and invoices with an original National ID for adults and Original Birth Certificate for minors, to the DIRECTORATE OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS HEADQUARTERS for fingerprint recording and processing
During the submission you need the following:

Downloaded TWO (2) copies of the invoice and ONE(1) copy of the C24 printed on Both sides of a C24.
Applicant in Person.
Original ID card and its Photocopy or Birth Certificate & its copy for those under 18 years.
Must allow his/her fingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed finger print form C24.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR KENYAN CHILD UNDER 18 YEARS WILL MAKE APPLICATION THROUGH THE PARENT/GUARDIAN ECITIZEN ACCOUNT
Thank you for all the information..we really need this..kindly rem including cases involving children because some of us we are filling for our kids too.

I had taken a police clearance certificate this July.How long is it valid for?
It is valid for one year, in Kenya.
Though from most readings, the US Embassy are interested a less than 6 month Certificate
Since it doesn't take more than a month to get one, it is safe to get one after your 2NL or immediately your number goes current

Though from most readings, the US Embassy are interested a less than 6 month Certificate
Since it doesn't take more than a month to get one, it is safe to get one after your 2NL or immediately your number goes current
But I can use this one to send with the other documents if requested?

No, the standard expiry for police certificates from a US perspective is one year, regardless what the local expiry is.
Guys, I appreciate those of you who are using this forum to help each other, but you really need to read the official instructions too. If you do that you will clearly see that one year is what they use.

As a reminder, your selection letter links to the official pages. Read all of them and all the relevant links in them.
Starting page: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...entry/diversity-visa-if-you-are-selected.html

Civil documents page: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html
Includes the following that clearly shows one year is the expiry unless you fall into the situation where you can use an older one:

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.

Thank you for all the information..we really need this..kindly rem including cases involving children because some of us we are filling for our kids too.
Definitely. I don't want us to rush. Most of the things can only be done after 2NL. In the meantime, just make sure marriage certificate is certified (sheria house charging Kshs1100 now if I am not wrong), your birth certificate alongside those of the children are in order, vaccination records for all too.

Step by step so we don't lose out on important information. We have each others back.

But I can use this one to send with the other documents if requested?
To be safe(in reference to your case number and when it might go current), just re do after you get the 2NL. From previous selectees, process takes like 3 days.

No, the standard expiry for police certificates from a US perspective is one year, regardless what the local expiry is.
Guys, I appreciate those of you who are using this forum to help each other, but you really need to read the official instructions too. If you do that you will clearly see that one year is what they use.

As a reminder, your selection letter links to the official pages. Read all of them and all the relevant links in them.
Starting page: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...entry/diversity-visa-if-you-are-selected.html

Civil documents page: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html
Includes the following that clearly shows one year is the expiry unless you fall into the situation where you can use an older one:

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.
Thanks Susie

He was working abroad. That's where he chose his interview. In his year (I think 2015) he made many realize that Kenyans that were doing their interviews abroad were the ones being asked for the I-130. However, 2018 or 2019, I have seen 2 interview experiences where applicants were asked for that form while interviewing in Kenya.
Ooh OK,so we the DV2020 should be prepared to have that form ready,by the way guys I was able to secure a host and submit my application yesterday, remember I had just realised on Monday that was selected and my case was abit low DV202025*** I was really panicking but I can finally breath out.....thanks guys for your assistance

Ooh OK,so we the DV2020 should be prepared to have that form ready,by the way guys I was able to secure a host and submit my application yesterday, remember I had just realised on Monday that was selected and my case was abit low DV202025*** I was really panicking but I can finally breath out.....thanks guys for your assistance
That's great news Grace. Now you can focus on the documents required. You managed to get the passport?