• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

Yes, that one was so lucky. Many others were not. So, I swear 2015 and previous selectees were just on another level. About 2 or 3 of them booked a regular NIV appointment as they were the only ones available. When they got to the embassy, they were lucky to find people who would allow them to continue on with the greencard visa interview. None of them were turned back.
How many threads have you read so far?

How many threads have you read so far?
I have read all the previous Kenyan selectees years and all interview experiences on Simon's blog. All mind blowing I must say. If you get a chance, pick a year and read through from beginning to end maybe for a week per year. Some years don't have too much.

I have read all the previous Kenyan selectees years and all interview experiences on Simon's blog. All mind blowing I must say. If you get a chance, pick a year and read through from beginning to end maybe for a week per year. Some years don't have too much.
Wow, you've really done your homework. I still on 2013.

Wow, you've really done your homework. I still on 2013.
I was amazed at how much work goes onto getting the visa. Like I said, i have never thought of life after the selection because I had never been selected. I could not believe that it was a process after selection. When I found out I was selected, I starred googling for answer and that's when I came across this forum. I became even more fascinated. I first encountered the 2015 group which made the whole thing so intriguing. Once I started, I could not stop. The highs the lows and the in between.

Last edited:
I was amazed at how much work goes onto getting the visa. Like I said, i have never thought of life after the selection because I have never been selected. I could not believe that it was a process after selection. When I came across this forum, I became even more fascinated. I first encountered the 2015 group which made the whole thing so intriguing. Once I started, I could not stop. The highs the lows and the in between.
I also started doing my research after selection. I'm glad the internet has a lot of information nowadays. My mum was selected in 2003. She never got an interview. She still believes there's a second draw that is done after selection. She has no idea about case numbers, selectee numbers and being current...
My sister was also selected in 2009. Still clueless about these things and keeps telling me to wait for the second selection.
It's good to research. It helps one prepare for any eventuality.

So, when you have an X ray, during the TB check up, if they find any scarring on the lung tissues, then they put a hold on your medicals. For such people, a scar could be the result of an earlier case of active TB that has been cured, a sign of an earlier respiratory infection unrelated to TB or a sign of aggressive latent TB that the body has contained.

However, you will still be put on TB treatment which takes about 8 months (or is it weeks? I stand corrected). At least from what I have read from our predecessors. Now imagine if one falls in the August or September interviews?

To answer your question @Maggie.n some people do advice to do screening way before the actual medicals. I am actually considering it.
Treatment for latent TB takes 6 to 9 months

I also started doing my research after selection. I'm glad the internet has a lot of information nowadays. My mum was selected in 2003. She never got an interview. She still believes there's a second draw that is done after selection. She has no idea about case numbers, selectee numbers and being current...
My sister was also selected in 2009. Still clueless about these things and keeps telling me to wait for the second selection.
Oh my
Oh my. That's so sad. Once something happens, my curiosity goes on another level. I don't think every year has a 2nd selection. Yes, this year there may be one. So check yours too. You just never know.

Oh, and we can also apply for dv lottery 2021. I saw one where the wife was a PA. She had a high CN. They still tried again before her interview and this time it was the husband selected with a CNAF5*** The wife's interview went well though so they never had to wait to use her husband's in the latter year.

This is what I have found so far from the 2018 crew.

"Any one who did police cert using the old ID card...read somewhere you must use a second generation ID Card.....!!:eek::eek: Outside Nairobi via huduma centre the process takes a month....in Nairobi two weeks....!! Will hit the road quite a few times".

And then I have attached info on IOM based on the 2018 crew as well. Remember, one cannot book medicals until receipt of 2NL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190822-185657.jpg
    Screenshot_20190822-185657.jpg
    854.6 KB · Views: 17
This is what I have found so far from the 2018 crew.

"Any one who did police cert using the old ID card...read somewhere you must use a second generation ID Card.....!!:eek::eek: Outside Nairobi via huduma centre the process takes a month....in Nairobi two weeks....!! Will hit the road quite a few times".

And then I have attached info on IOM based on the 2018 crew as well. Remember, one cannot book medicals until receipt of 2NL
What's a second generation ID card?
Isn't the police certificate downloaded from ecitizen nowadays?

What's a second generation ID card?
Isn't the police certificate downloaded from ecitizen nowadays?
I can only assume that's the new ID/DL type they are doing now. As for PCC, this is what I found. Also note this is after 2NL too.

KENYAN CITIZEN

E-Police Clearance Certificate Application (Adult)

For application of Police Clearance Certificate:

Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
Select the mode of payment and pay for the police Clearance.
Download and print two (2) copies of your invoice, and one copy of your C24 on both sides On an A4 paper
Present the C24 and invoices with an original National ID for adults and Original Birth Certificate for minors, to the DIRECTORATE OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS HEADQUARTERS for fingerprint recording and processing
During the submission you need the following:

Downloaded TWO (2) copies of the invoice and ONE(1) copy of the C24 printed on Both sides of a C24.
Applicant in Person.
Original ID card and its Photocopy or Birth Certificate & its copy for those under 18 years.
Must allow his/her fingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed finger print form C24.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR KENYAN CHILD UNDER 18 YEARS WILL MAKE APPLICATION THROUGH THE PARENT/GUARDIAN ECITIZEN ACCOUNT

@FRAN 2020AF30XXX So, if they do find a scar on your X ray, one is subjected to the sputum test. That is the one that takes 8 weeks to confirm if one has TB or not. Someone had a cold prior to the medicals thus X ray came back with a scar. Unfortunately, they still had to do that test and IOM emailed the embassy to cancel the interview. She did eventually get lucky to get a new interview date after results showed negative.

@FRAN 2020AF30XXX So, if they do find a scar on your X ray, one is subjected to the sputum test. That is the one that takes 8 weeks to confirm if one has TB or not. Someone had a cold prior to the medicals thus X ray came back with a scar. Unfortunately, they still had to do that test and IOM emailed the embassy to cancel the interview. She did eventually get lucky to get a new interview date after results showed negative.
These guys stress guys a lot
Boris Johnsons girlfriend has been denied a US visa, now who am I?

I believe the 2nd generation ID card is the plastic ID card. The 1st gen being the laminated paper one.
The 2nd generation is the small ID card either laminated or plastic
The 1st generation was bigger and was phased out in the run up to the 1997 elections
The 3rd generation is to be implemented with the huduma number details, it will be a smart ID with a microchip

Yes
These guys stress guys a lot
Boris Johnsons girlfriend has been denied a US visa, now who am I?

Yes, I saw that. She claims she thinks it was because of her recent trip to Somaliland.

I was reading somewhere that when applying for visitor visas, also known as Estas(for countries with VWP), people are asked if they have been to Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011.

I don't know if the same rules as those of ours apply where if you have a gf of bf in states, a visitors visa would be hard to get as there's immigration intent. That's scenario number 2.

Last edited:
Guys, VWP/ESTA is not the same as a visa (and yes traveling to Somalia means you need a visa and can't use VWP) and nothing has anything to fo with your case. Stop worrying about stuff like that that has no bearing on you.

The 2nd generation is the small ID card either laminated or plastic
The 1st generation was bigger and was phased out in the run up to the 1997 elections
The 3rd generation is to be implemented with the huduma number details, it will be a smart ID with a microchip
Waah.so we start looking for them earlier..