• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

Another experience for 2020AF136XX

After the previous appointment on 4th February at the IOM clinic, the next item on our DV agenda was the Visa Interview which was scheduled for today at 7.00am.
We travelled from Kisumu city yesterday 17th February and slept at my brother-in-law’s place at Kahawa so that we could be in close proximity with the US embassy. After quick preparation we left the house at 5am and the journey to the embassy gate took less than half an hour. We were the first clients for the day and shortly after 6am we went through the security checks and obtained the first ticket number(CA401). At about 7.30 we were called to counter 7 and a lady of Somali origin handled us very courteously. She opened a seemingly full file in front of her and I could see it had our documents, including KNEC certificates for me and my wife. She asked me a number of questions which I answered as she proceeded to write on a paper in the file. Thereafter she asked for originals and copies of birth certificates, passports, academic papers, marriage certificates and two copies of passport photos for each one of us. Thereafter she took fingerprints from me my wife and the 16year old daughter. Finally she gave me an invoice and asked me to go pay at the cashiers and await further instructions.
After about 1 hour of waiting in the lobby outside (it was a cold, very cold morning), my token number was called up again, and surprisingly we were told to report to the same counter. Shockingly, the CO was now a white lady. She proceeded to say hi to my two young kids, and the three of us whose fingerprints were taken were sworn in. After exchanging a few pleasantries, she took our fingerprints again and it was back to business. Questions were fired one after the other, as she typed continuously on her computer.
Did you submit the I-134 for each one of you? What about your sponsors tax returns? Who is *** (Sponsor)? Where does he work? Where will you stay? (I gave the full address, including street), and the lady smiled.
I had passport photos of the sponsor, but she did not ask for them.
For how long have you been married? Do you have any other kids other than those listed here?
Your documents are in order, and I have approved your visa. Did you register with DHL for passport delivery? She handed sheets of instructions for USCIS payment with Alien numbers and wished us a happy stay in the US.
We thanked her and left the counter smiling. By 10 minutes to nine we were out of the embassy going for breakfast.
Congratulations on a successful interview!

One question caught my eye, though. "Did you submit the I-134 for each one of you?"
Are we supposed to submit these somewhere or just go with them to the interview in hand? Please elaborate. This has me confused.

One question caught my eye, though. "Did you submit the I-134 for each one of you?"
Are we supposed to submit these somewhere or just go with them to the interview in hand? Please elaborate. This has me confused.
Each one of us had an i-134 filled and signed by the same sponsor. He also sent us his photo, tax return, and bank statement. He declined to give his payslip saying it was not necessary. He sent all these documents as a scanned pdf which I printed and carried with me to the interview. That's what worked for me...

One I-134 is enough. If you are a family there is space for your spouse and children. If you have more than 2 children use the additional space on page 8 of the document (Part 7: Additional Information)

Each one of us had an i-134 filled and signed by the same sponsor. He also sent us his photo, tax return, and bank statement. He declined to give his payslip saying it was not necessary. He sent all these documents as a scanned pdf which I printed and carried with me to the interview. That's what worked for me...
Ok. I understand. Thank you.
Congrats again; really happy for you and your family.

Events are now turning very fast for us. Yesterday we got emails from the US embassy that our packages were in the mail. Today we got another that we should collect our immigration packages from the DHL office in Kisumu, and when we visited the place, we walked away with our packages and passports. I'm now believing that this thing is real!

Events are now turning very fast for us. Yesterday we got emails from the US embassy that our packages were in the mail. Today we got another that we should collect our immigration packages from the DHL office in Kisumu, and when we visited the place, we walked away with our packages and passports. I'm now believing that this thing is real!
Amazing. Please keep us posted about stuff on the other side

Great stuff bro
Wow just wow
I'm so happy like it's me already
It's real and it's happening
Congratulations bro again

Another successful interview that happened today:)

MY US EMBASSY INTERVIEW

CASE NO 15K
MEDICALS DONE ON 23/1/2020
We(3 kids,wife and myself)arrived at the US Embassy few minutes to 6.am after parking my vehicle near Moroccan Embassy parking slots.
By 6.30am Security checkouts started.We were asked not to enter with earphones,chargers,nail cutters,any electronic gadgets (ex.phones)and any Sharp objects.
-Went to second maximum security check up and proceeded to the main interview hall.Was given token no 406 and told to wait outside.
After an hour we were called and taken to counter no 6. A friendly African lady greeted us and asked for original certificates,photocopies,pps etc.
All this time she checked my 2nl and took our fingerprints (me&wf).After a few minutes was given an invoice to pay to the cashiers(34,650×5).Paid to the cashier and was told to wait again outside.
It's took less than 20 minutes and we were ushered to counter no 8 and met a white guy who smiled welcomed us and took our fingerprints again.
After swearing in,we were asked the following questions.
-Andrew what do you do currently?
Me.Am a businessman.
-Which type of business?
Me.Answered
-Whats the relationship do you have with your host?
Me.A friend
-What s their occupation?
Me.Answered.
Have approved your visa!collect it in 2 wks through DHL.

Was guided on how to apply the green Card online

It's took less than 10mins.

Guys be confident and bold when answering questions.As long us all your documents are in order the rest is only a piece of a Cake!
-Thank you good people for the brotherly love especially in dealing with this interview preparations.
how much wsa the cost of ur medicals?