• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

Hey guys,

I just received the email from KCC requesting me to send my documents. I'm about to begin the process of getting my new passport. Should I send the one I applied with (also the one in my DS-260) or should I wait and send the new one when I receive it?

Hey fellow DV winners. Thank you all for your contribution here. All these valuable and accurate information we wouldn't easily access them from anywhere else if it were not for your contribution. Once more.. thanks to everyone and, more so to those who constantly participate/write in this forum. God bless you all !
Is there anyone who has gone for interview yet in this forum ? Please let us know how it all went. Did you have to provide I-134 ? OR any proof to determine inadmissibility/public charge ?

Hey fellow DV winners. Thank you all for your contribution here. All these valuable and accurate information we wouldn't easily access them from anywhere else if it were not for your contribution. Once more.. thanks to everyone and, more so to those who constantly participate/write in this forum. God bless you all !
Is there anyone who has gone for interview yet in this forum ? Please let us know how it all went. Did you have to provide I-134 ? OR any proof to determine inadmissibility/public charge ?
According to a recent interview which I'm not allowed to share, the person was asked for the affidavit of support and the supporting documents which include:

1040 (annual tax report – most recent copy).
W2 (annual employee earnings statement if employed – most recent copy)
Recent Payslips
Photo ID

According to a recent interview which I'm not allowed to share, the person was asked for the affidavit of support and the supporting documents which include:

1040 (annual tax report – most recent copy).
W2 (annual employee earnings statement if employed – most recent copy)
Recent Payslips
Photo ID
Was it successful

Copied*
Someone who went for interview today 12-Nov-2020

12th nov INTERVIEW NAIROBI EMBASSY
woke up at 3:45am cz of preparation n distance to embassy. Had to Sleep at westlands because that was the convenient place, hosted by my brother. Reached embassy at around 5:45am, found few people already lined up i also joined the queue. Security personnel briefed us on what to avoid while going in. I.e laptop,ipads,headphones, chargers, food and bags. Purses for ladies and two phones per person allowed.
1⃣‍♂️security check (main gate) you hand over appointment letter (1st nl) for verification of date plus original passport. Then u place all coins plus phone in a tray as they screen you if u carried any hard metal. Frisking done with a machine, some dii dii dii from the machine ain't a deal here as long as nothing is hidden in the clothes. Then your property is given back as you proceed to the next point.
Next is a small desk with a lady who checks on time of interview n registering your name in. Mine was 7:00am was allowed to proceed to the next step . Those whose time was 9am were taken back to a waiting bay.
2⃣security check. Thorough one here. Appointment letter n passport checked and put on a tray. Any phone or metal(including belts and ear rings)Plus medical cd not allowed in. You are allowed into a front office where all items are put aside as you pass through a scanner. I had to leave my shoes cz they had some metal. Then went ahead and picked my belt n shoes but left the fone behind as they issued me a small card.
Next place is interview area with of course security personnel outside bt no check up here. They also check ua passport and allow you get in to collect you ticket number. Opening the door to the premise was tricky not any ordinary door but with their guidance i was inside. Went to a lady who checks 2nd nl and passport, she issued ticket number and a small sheet to write names, case no. And phone number. I went out and waited to be called, at this point my intestines went upside down, state of panicking and anxiety build up. What was running in my mind was washrooms to pee . Bt i couldn't get out cz i was among the first people. After 10mins was called in again n told to go to counter no. **
⏺met a lady probably Kenyan
Her: "Morning"
Me: "Morning to you madam"

She guides me on fingerprints registration

Her: "welcome and can i have your originals and copies please"..... .....She names them PCC,birth cert,kcse cert, passport and 2 passport photos plus 2nl
Me......... ...I hand them without fear or panic
Her: "We don't have your certificate from knec"
Me: "i have made several efforts to have it sent here bt it so unfortunate you have not got it. I was there better part of yesterday bt all i was told they were busy with national exams"
Her: "ooh yes that could be the reason"
Me: "can i hand over my bank receipt that i took to knec? "
Her: "no need ill leave that for the officer to decide, bt don't worry"

.....at this point i suspected disqualification bt stood still ....

Her: "do you have host documents?"
Me: "yes i do"

......i hand them over(IRS, I 134, Certificate of naturalisation and passport biodata page)

Her: "i have seen you have your college certificate, can i have it with a copy please?"
Me. "Yes please"

i hand them over bt main reason for carrying was to prove that i had gone for some training and had few years of experience. Alafu knec had not sent my kcse cert niitumie kujitetea)

Her: "now proceed to next counter and pay"......she hands over an invoice

Went and paid and was told to go out and wait for the interview.

⏺After 30mins of panic(knec have killed me today) i was called in and directed to a different counter where there was a mzungu. Kwisha mimi.
Co: "hi morning"
Me: "morning to you madam"
Co. "Raise your right arm and Swear that all information given is true"

Me....i raise and swear with confidence and energy till she smiles

She scans my fingers and starts
Co. "Who is ****??
Me: "that's my uncle".
Co: "how did he get to US?"
Me. *****??
Co. "Ooh..that's great. Which year?"
Me. "Back in ****"
CO: "when was the last time you met?"
Me: ***?
Her: "which year dd u complete your high school?"
Me ****
Her: "which course did you do thereafter?"
Me. ***??
CO: "Where are u working currently?"
Me: *****

After a minute of silence

Her:eek:pps my computer has frozen
Me: sorry for that

She walks with my file and goes to confirm something i don't know n comes back. Im my mind "she has noticed knec ddnt confirm my cert now am cornered"

She comes back.

CO: "Your visa is approved"
Me
CO: "did u register for courier service?"
Me:" yes i did"
Co: "that's the point ull collect you visa from after 2 weeks. Meanwhile take this instructions and read carefully for the next step"
Me: "thanks alot madam"
Her. "Any question?"
Me: "i don't have am just humbled. "
Co: "okay have a nice day."
Me: "thanks you too".

She hands over the originals as i walk out all smiles.

Copied*
Someone who went for interview today 12-Nov-2020

12th nov INTERVIEW NAIROBI EMBASSY
woke up at 3:45am cz of preparation n distance to embassy. Had to Sleep at westlands because that was the convenient place, hosted by my brother. Reached embassy at around 5:45am, found few people already lined up i also joined the queue. Security personnel briefed us on what to avoid while going in. I.e laptop,ipads,headphones, chargers, food and bags. Purses for ladies and two phones per person allowed.
1⃣‍♂️security check (main gate) you hand over appointment letter (1st nl) for verification of date plus original passport. Then u place all coins plus phone in a tray as they screen you if u carried any hard metal. Frisking done with a machine, some dii dii dii from the machine ain't a deal here as long as nothing is hidden in the clothes. Then your property is given back as you proceed to the next point.
Next is a small desk with a lady who checks on time of interview n registering your name in. Mine was 7:00am was allowed to proceed to the next step . Those whose time was 9am were taken back to a waiting bay.
2⃣security check. Thorough one here. Appointment letter n passport checked and put on a tray. Any phone or metal(including belts and ear rings)Plus medical cd not allowed in. You are allowed into a front office where all items are put aside as you pass through a scanner. I had to leave my shoes cz they had some metal. Then went ahead and picked my belt n shoes but left the fone behind as they issued me a small card.
Next place is interview area with of course security personnel outside bt no check up here. They also check ua passport and allow you get in to collect you ticket number. Opening the door to the premise was tricky not any ordinary door but with their guidance i was inside. Went to a lady who checks 2nd nl and passport, she issued ticket number and a small sheet to write names, case no. And phone number. I went out and waited to be called, at this point my intestines went upside down, state of panicking and anxiety build up. What was running in my mind was washrooms to pee . Bt i couldn't get out cz i was among the first people. After 10mins was called in again n told to go to counter no. **
⏺met a lady probably Kenyan
Her: "Morning"
Me: "Morning to you madam"

She guides me on fingerprints registration

Her: "welcome and can i have your originals and copies please"..... .....She names them PCC,birth cert,kcse cert, passport and 2 passport photos plus 2nl
Me......... ...I hand them without fear or panic
Her: "We don't have your certificate from knec"
Me: "i have made several efforts to have it sent here bt it so unfortunate you have not got it. I was there better part of yesterday bt all i was told they were busy with national exams"
Her: "ooh yes that could be the reason"
Me: "can i hand over my bank receipt that i took to knec? "
Her: "no need ill leave that for the officer to decide, bt don't worry"

.....at this point i suspected disqualification bt stood still ....

Her: "do you have host documents?"
Me: "yes i do"

......i hand them over(IRS, I 134, Certificate of naturalisation and passport biodata page)

Her: "i have seen you have your college certificate, can i have it with a copy please?"
Me. "Yes please"

i hand them over bt main reason for carrying was to prove that i had gone for some training and had few years of experience. Alafu knec had not sent my kcse cert niitumie kujitetea)

Her: "now proceed to next counter and pay"......she hands over an invoice

Went and paid and was told to go out and wait for the interview.

⏺After 30mins of panic(knec have killed me today) i was called in and directed to a different counter where there was a mzungu. Kwisha mimi.
Co: "hi morning"
Me: "morning to you madam"
Co. "Raise your right arm and Swear that all information given is true"

Me....i raise and swear with confidence and energy till she smiles

She scans my fingers and starts
Co. "Who is ****??
Me: "that's my uncle".
Co: "how did he get to US?"
Me. *****??
Co. "Ooh..that's great. Which year?"
Me. "Back in ****"
CO: "when was the last time you met?"
Me: ***?
Her: "which year dd u complete your high school?"
Me ****
Her: "which course did you do thereafter?"
Me. ***??
CO: "Where are u working currently?"
Me: *****

After a minute of silence

Her:eek:pps my computer has frozen
Me: sorry for that

She walks with my file and goes to confirm something i don't know n comes back. Im my mind "she has noticed knec ddnt confirm my cert now am cornered"

She comes back.

CO: "Your visa is approved"
Me
CO: "did u register for courier service?"
Me:" yes i did"
Co: "that's the point ull collect you visa from after 2 weeks. Meanwhile take this instructions and read carefully for the next step"
Me: "thanks alot madam"
Her. "Any question?"
Me: "i don't have am just humbled. "
Co: "okay have a nice day."
Me: "thanks you too".

She hands over the originals as i walk out all smiles.
Great interview experience. It also shows they are asking for the sponsor documents

Great interview experience. It also shows they are asking for the sponsor documents
My host is not willing to do for me the I 34 insisting the invitation letter is adequate. Can I get a sponsor to do the I 34 for me who is different from the host. The sponsor in this case may not be willing to host me thus why I need both.

My host is not willing to do for me the I 34 insisting the invitation letter is adequate. Can I get a sponsor to do the I 34 for me who is different from the host. The sponsor in this case may not be willing to host me thus why I need both.
There's no problem with getting a different sponsor from the host.