• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

manith23

Hi to all of DV 2020 Selectees!

I'm writing this thread would like to seek your guy support collecting important information related to processing of all of you especially from Asia Region. So if you are especially in Asia region would like to help other in the same region to get the best result, please feel free to share here.

What you should share can be you process step update, challenge, comment, suggestion... Also please do tell us about your case number (CN).

Hope we would be a part to help each other in our region!

Regard.,

Hello,

I am from Nepal with case number about 9****. So do I have to submit DS260 now or wait a bit more?

When you quote your number, give the YEAR and the REGION and make sure the number shows the RANGE with the correct number of asterisks. You quoted your number in the 90,000 range.

You can complete your DS260 now if you want.

Sorry Sir,
I am from Nepal my case number is 2020AS9***. I am student here in United States. As Nepal has high selection every year, is it good to fill DS260 right now or wait for couples of month?

Sorry Sir,
I am from Nepal my case number is 2020AS9***. I am student here in United States. As Nepal has high selection every year, is it good to fill DS260 right now or wait for couples of month?
Why do you even want to submit DS-260?
First of all, your case number will hardly go current by July 2020. And second, there have been AOSers who have not submitted their DS-260 at all. It is only recommended.
Submitting DS-260 will make the situation worse as it shows your immigration intent in case you want to extend your student visa or apply for OPT.

Thank you for the reply. I think there is less chances that my case number will be current. I will not submit the DS 260 now.

Your number will become current, and much faster than in recent years for that same number.
Dear Simon,
Have you ever wondered why visa bulletins for DV2019 and DV2018 are very similar to each other in Asia region?
I mean how is it possible the density of holes and case numbers are the same for two consecutive years?

Dear Simon,
Have you ever wondered why visa bulletins for DV2019 and DV2018 are very similar to each other in Asia region?
I mean how is it possible the density of holes and case numbers are the same for two consecutive years?

Have I ever wondered???

LOL. I understand this very very well. I'm done "wondering". I have written a full explanation of the draw process, explained where the holes come from, explained what affect country changes have in terms of entries and so on. I have explained it in a simple way in this video:

Hi all,
I'm selected for DV 2020, my case is 2020AS8***.
I'm on in F1 ( I changed status here from J1 3 yrs ago) and my I-20 will be till mid of April 2020.
I'm thinking about should I do AOS or go back to my country...
PS. I haven't completed DS-260 yet.

Thks in advance!

Hi all,
I'm selected for DV 2020, my case is 2020AS8***.
I'm on in F1 ( I changed status here from J1 3 yrs ago) and my I-20 will be till mid of April 2020.
I'm thinking about should I do AOS or go back to my country...
PS. I haven't completed DS-260 yet.

Thks in advance!

You’ll have to review the pros and cons of both AOS and CP and decide on your won which process works best for you. You’ll find the link to the AOS process spreadsheet which has the referenced pros and cons on the first post on page one of the DV2020 AOS Thread.

You should also post subsequent AOS related questions on that thread by the way for better guidance.