• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hello,

I had my interview today and after going over I-485 the IO started asking questions about I-693. After establishing that the doctor was not physically present during the check-up (the doctor was remotely connected via Skype by his assistant) he ended the interview and asked me to sit in the lobby. He said that the rule states that the doctor need to be physically present during the check-up and also personally verify the identity of the person. After that, he talked with his supervisor and handed me letter with the case being held in review option check-marked. I asked him whether I should re-do my medical exam, but he said he needs to check first for the availability of DV VISAS and then he will send me a letter stating what to do.

I also talked with a person from the clinic I did the medical, and he told me that recently this issue has come up and in the past, the doctor not being present physically was not an issue. Also, there are multiple cases like mine who did the medical from the same clinic. He told me they are trying to fix this but have not figure out what to do yet. Honestly, I don't think they can do much, but not following the rules of I-693 is really upsetting.

Lastly, I reminded the IO about the time-sensitive nature of DV cases and he said he will consider that.

I know that right now I can't do anything about this until the letter from USCIS arrives. I just wanted to share this with you guys so that you are aware of this and also hear your thoughts.

@Sm1smom I know you are doing a lot for us, and if you can guide me with this then it would mean a lot for me. Thanks again for all that you are doing.
Upsetting situation, hope you will get your approval anyways, please inform which FO was it?

Hello,

I had my interview today and after going over I-485 the IO started asking questions about I-693. After establishing that the doctor was not physically present during the check-up (the doctor was remotely connected via Skype by his assistant) he ended the interview and asked me to sit in the lobby. He said that the rule states that the doctor need to be physically present during the check-up and also personally verify the identity of the person. After that, he talked with his supervisor and handed me letter with the case being held in review option check-marked. I asked him whether I should re-do my medical exam, but he said he needs to check first for the availability of DV VISAS and then he will send me a letter stating what to do.

I also talked with a person from the clinic I did the medical, and he told me that recently this issue has come up and in the past, the doctor not being present physically was not an issue. Also, there are multiple cases like mine who did the medical from the same clinic. He told me they are trying to fix this but have not figure out what to do yet. Honestly, I don't think they can do much, but not following the rules of I-693 is really upsetting.

Lastly, I reminded the IO about the time-sensitive nature of DV cases and he said he will consider that.

I know that right now I can't do anything about this until the letter from USCIS arrives. I just wanted to share this with you guys so that you are aware of this and also hear your thoughts.

@Sm1smom I know you are doing a lot for us, and if you can guide me with this then it would mean a lot for me. Thanks again for all that you are doing.

@Sm1smom please let us know how serious is it. In my case a nurse examined me, took all information and send the documents to the doctor. I called the clinic today (which is in the uscis list of authorized clinics) and they assured me that this specific nurse has all authorization to examin clients for i-693.

Shall I call them again and insist to meet the doctor and ask reexamination? Or shall I just chill? That's wired that they are not following rules! Please advise... Thanks!

Hello,

This is shocking, I can’t believe that they have done this with no issues before - maybe hasn’t been caught before? The exam instructions for the CS is a physical exam that clearly involves you having to be there*. Can you get another medical done by a proper CS to submit for your AOS?

(* the instructions include “a physical examination that includes, at a minimum, examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, and skin” - there is no way you can do this remotely. I’d actually ask for my money back for that exam as they did not do what they were supposed to, and/or complain to CDC or whoever maintains the list, after you get your green card)

This is shocking, I can’t believe that they have done this with no issues before - maybe hasn’t been caught before? The exam instructions for the CS is a physical exam that clearly involves you having to be there. Can you get another medical done by a proper CS to submit?
@SusieQQQ ,

You say that if the doctor who signed the i693 wasn't fiscally present it was against the law? Shall I insist reexamination?

The clinic is in the list of authorized clinics. :(

This is shocking, I can’t believe that they have done this with no issues before - maybe hasn’t been caught before? The exam instructions for the CS is a physical exam that clearly involves you having to be there*. Can you get another medical done by a proper CS to submit for your AOS?

(* the instructions include “a physical examination that includes, at a minimum, examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, and skin” - there is no way you can do this remotely. I’d actually ask for my money back for that exam as they did not do what they were supposed to, and/or complain to CDC or whoever maintains the list, after you get your green card)

The physical was not completely remote, the assistant physician did examine me in person and after that, he connected the main doctor over skype and we talked in private. I most probably need to re-do the physical but the IO told me to wait for the letter because he needs to confirm whether DV visas are available or not.

I am thinking of doing the medical again before the letter arrives and since this will give me some days of advantage. What do you suggest?

Also the clinic I did my medical from offered me a new I-693 but I don't know whether I can use that or not?

Hello,

You can’t do anything at this point except wait. They will contact you to request a new medical report if what you submitted is deemed unacceptable, they will not deny your case without giving you an opportunity to redeem the situation. They may end up accepting it as is considering the unusual times we’re presently in.

Hi @Sm1smom,
I called USCIS and tried to talk with tier 2. After convincing tier 1 to connect me, I received a call back within 7 hours and talked with tier 2. I tried to ask him to put an interview service request and described that I have only less than 50 days for my case to be processed. However, she was not friendly and she was not familiar with DV cases. She told me to call us after 60 days if you do not see any change in your case, I still tried to explain her that I have less than 50 days; however, she just hung up on me. I am so stressed in this situation.
Do you think I can call again tomorrow and try to ask for a service request or they might already have notes on their system that I did ask it today?
Thanks.

Are there other AOSers with your FO listed on the timeline spreadsheet? Are they reporting progress with their cases while yours seem to have stalled? If there not reporting case progress, then maybe you just need to exercise some patience.

@Sm1smom please let us know how serious is it. In my case a nurse examined me, took all information and send the documents to the doctor. I called the clinic today (which is in the uscis list of authorized clinics) and they assured me that this specific nurse has all authorization to examin clients for i-693.

Shall I call them again and insist to meet the doctor and ask reexamination? Or shall I just chill? That's wired that they are not following rules! Please advise... Thanks!

I don’t know how serious this may be. It’s clearly not in line with what the typical medical exam is supposed to be.

You can’t do anything at this point except wait. They will contact you to request a new medical report if what you submitted is deemed unacceptable, they will not deny your case without giving you an opportunity to redeem the situation. They may end up accepting it as is considering the unusual times we’re presently in.

Thank you.

Hello,

You yourself brought up the fact that civil surgeon wasn't physically present in your medical exam or IO found it out?

An interesting update: this relates to very much having the luck to get a sincere Tier 2 officer on your phone call to USCIS. I called yesterday just out of curiosity to see if there is any information about my interview. So first I called and the first officer clearly knew nothing and I could even tell she was trying to read a script or something to answer my question the moment I brought up DV and adjudication date. So she transferred for Tier 2 call back and I got the call back in 4 hours.

The tier 2 officer after verifying (extremely judiciously) stated herself "your case needs to be adjudicated by Sep 30! You don't have much time". As she was checking my case and said "your biometrics is done so your interview should be scheduled soon by your FO" and then put me on hold and after few minutes asked me what exactly I wanted to know.

Then I responded that "Yes, and I wanted to know the progress at the field office end". So she said "I will submit an administrative request directly to your field office to check about your case as its time sensitive". She was super nice, she even said please hold and then later said thanks for holding.

She said "I submitted a request and the FO will respond within 7 days to your email address on file".

Today case tracker shows "On August 12, 2020, your request for us to review an administrative error on your case, referral number XXXXXXX, was assigned to an officer for response."

Don't know why it says admin error request but she knew about DV deadline and actually was surprisingly considerate. Hopefully this request is a good thing and not creates issue as it says "admin error".

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that there are really sincere Tier 2 officers at USCIS.