• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hello all,

Just a quick question. On the Form I-485, there is a question in Part 8. General Eligibility and Inadmissibility Grounds:

Have you EVER been arrested, cited, charged, or detained for any reason by any law enforcement official (including but not limited to any U.S. immigration official or any official of the U.S. armed forces for U.S. Coast Guard)?

I answered YES due to several traffic citations that I have been cited throughout my residence in the US. If I answered YES, I have to use the space provided in Part14. Additional information to provide an explanation that includes why you were arrested, cited, detained or charged.

1- Now, should I just put the two words (Traffic citations) with no further explanation?
2- Do I have to include the case number of each, date, and the outcome of disposition?
3- Should I send photocopies of the outcomes of these citations like (Paid & Dismissed)?
4- Or Just take them to the Interview, in case that officer might want to look at them?

Thank you in advance,
#ValubleForums
#Salut_GREATpeople

Hello all,

Just a quick question. On the Form I-485, there is a question in Part 8. General Eligibility and Inadmissibility Grounds:

Have you EVER been arrested, cited, charged, or detained for any reason by any law enforcement official (including but not limited to any U.S. immigration official or any official of the U.S. armed forces for U.S. Coast Guard)?

I answered YES due to several traffic citations that I have been cited throughout my residence in the US. If I answered YES, I have to use the space provided in Part14. Additional information to provide an explanation that includes why you were arrested, cited, detained or charged.

1- Now, should I just put the two words (Traffic citations) with no further explanation?
2- Do I have to include the case number of each, date, and the outcome of disposition?
3- Should I send photocopies of the outcomes of these citations like (Paid & Dismissed)?
4- Or Just take them to the Interview, in case that officer might want to look at them?

Thank you in advance,
#ValubleForums
#Salut_GREATpeople

1&2: Considering the instruction says:
“If you answer “Yes” to any questions (or if you answer "No," but are unsure of your answer), provide an explanation of the events and circumstances in the space provided in Part 14. Additional Information”
Do you think simply stating “Traffic Citations” meets the requirement? I think you should be able to figure that out on your own.
3. Yes include them.
4. In addition to including copies in your AOS package, you should also take them along to your interview.

The package rejected should be sent back at U.S. Postal Service USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago.
If, by mistake, is sent through FedEx to USCIS Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn -, it may cause another rejection?

Hi all,
I have some questions and consideration...
Reading around i saw that a case number that apply for for the greencard through aos, the interview will be scheduled in a range between 1-4month from when the cn became current... So for example my case, I have a dv2020eu26xxx but it is like to have a 40xxx...because maybe my case will became current in April but I will be scheduled for an interview in June.. And in the meanwhile all the the number up to mine already had an interview... So where is the vantage to the AOS? Expect for the no stress to return in your own country.... But u can have the stress to be never scheduled nevertheless your nber is current... Makes sense?

Hi all,
I have some questions and consideration...
Reading around i saw that a case number that apply for for the greencard through aos, the interview will be scheduled in a range between 1-4month from when the cn became current... So for example my case, I have a dv2020eu26xxx but it is like to have a 40xxx...because maybe my case will became current in April but I will be scheduled for an interview in June.. And in the meanwhile all the the number up to mine already had an interview... So where is the vantage to the AOS? Expect for the no stress to return in your own country.... But u can have the stress to be never scheduled nevertheless your nber is current... Makes sense?

Go through the AOS process spreadsheet, it has the pros and cons of each process.

And you might want to go through some previous AOS only threads to see how late people with higher CNs were able to submit their AOS petitions and whether or not they successfully completed the process.

The point that, as you wrote look like that my number is high, instead for the number of total selected and the numbers that I saw around, I don't think that it is so high! It became so when I decide to apply as AOS.. Moreover if I already pay the AOS fee but at certain point I decide to do everything in my own country, can I or not?

1&2: Considering the instruction says:
“If you answer “Yes” to any questions (or if you answer "No," but are unsure of your answer), provide an explanation of the events and circumstances in the space provided in Part 14. Additional Information”
Do you think simply stating “Traffic Citations” meets the requirement? I think you should be able to figure that out on your own.
3. Yes include them.
4. In addition to including copies in your AOS package, you should also take them along to your interview.

Thank you so much Sm1smom. Well received!

The point that, as you wrote look like that my number is high, instead for the number of total selected and the numbers that I saw around, I don't think that it is so high! It became so when I decide to apply as AOS.. Moreover if I already pay the AOS fee but at certain point I decide to do everything in my own country, can I or not?

1. I never stated your CN was high. I simply asked you to look at previous selectees with higher CN to get a better understanding of when their CNs became current, when they filed and when they completed the process. And you obviously haven’t gone through the AOS process spreadsheet in order to have a better understanding of the AOS process. If you did, you would have come across early filing information by the way.

2. Your ability to switch over to CP and successfully complete the process will depend on when that “certain point” is. KCC will need to be notified, in addition they’ll need to have received your applicable civil documents in a timely manner and complete processing those before you can be scheduled for a CP interview. And you’ll most likely be required to make a new $330 DV administrative processing fee payment at the embassy by the way.

Hello mom and everyone who read this!
I won the dv2020 but my case number is very high.AS24XXX
I am currently a student in NY with F1visa and My F1 visa will be expired in Febrary2020. I guess my CN will be current in summer next year(hopefully) so I was planning that after my F1visa is expired, I keep I-20 and going to school until I get a green card and apply for the DV with AOS.
but Now I am confused if I should go back to my country to apply with CP. Which do you think the best way AOS or CP for me?

Thank you very much for reading!

I am currently a student in NY with F1visa and My F1 visa will be expired in Febrary2020. I guess my CN will be current in summer next year(hopefully) so I was planning that after my F1visa is expired, I keep I-20 and going to school until I get a green card and apply for the DV with AOS.
but Now I am confused if I should go back to my country to apply with CP. Which do you think the best way AOS or CP for me?

Sorry can’t tell you which option is best for you. That’s a personal call you’ll have to make on your own.

Your visa expires or your authorized stay expires in Feb 2020?

Hi, Susie!
my visa expires in Febrary. But after that, I can keep going to school with proper I-20 (not going to be “out of status”)until my semester is done

Yes, so - the visa expiry only matters for if/when you travel out the US after that. (I was just wondering why you mentioned it/checking not a status issue.) agree with mom, look at past AOS experiences to try figure out what the best path for you is.

Yes, so - the visa expiry only matters for if/when you travel out the US after that. (I was just wondering why you mentioned it/checking not a status issue.) agree with mom, look at past AOS experiences to try figure out what the best path for you is.
You are completely right. My biggest worry was stay longer in US for AOS or Back to my country for CP.
CP seems to be a shorter process than AOS(I was also wondering if it could be in time for the prosess with AOS for high CN) Anyway, I'll look at ALL past comments.Thank you for your help!;);)

Good morning @Sm1smom
My first package has been rejected because I missed $100 in the check. I sent the second package at Chicago lockbox instead at the PO Box. Only few days after, I found out that I would have sent it to the PO box.
Do you believe this may cause another rejection?

Good morning @Sm1smom
My first package has been rejected because I missed $100 in the check. I sent the second package at Chicago lockbox instead at the PO Box. Only few days after, I found out that I would have sent it to the PO box.
Do you believe this may cause another rejection?

Your package is still going to the same location, not an issue.

1. I never stated your CN was high. I simply asked you to look at previous selectees with higher CN to get a better understanding of when their CNs became current, when they filed and when they completed the process. And you obviously haven’t gone through the AOS process spreadsheet in order to have a better understanding of the AOS process. If you did, you would have come across early filing information by the way.

2. Your ability to switch over to CP and successfully complete the process will depend on when that “certain point” is. KCC will need to be notified, in addition they’ll need to have received your applicable civil documents in a timely manner and complete processing those before you can be scheduled for a CP interview. And you’ll most likely be required to make a new $330 DV administrative processing fee payment at the embassy by the way.
Thanks!!!

Just wanted to post an update: my brother sent his package to the Lockbox on 17th October. He received the confirmation text today.
"Your case was received. Receipt # XXXXXXXXXXXX. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail. Msg & Data rates may apply. DO NOT REPLY"
Bank account shows check was cashed yesterday.
Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Just wanted to post an update: my brother sent his package to the Lockbox on 17th October. He received the confirmation text today.
"Your case was received. Receipt # XXXXXXXXXXXX. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail. Msg & Data rates may apply. DO NOT REPLY"
Bank account shows check was cashed yesterday.
Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the update.

Can you also update the 2020 Timeline spreadsheet? Having the case progress/update in one place is a lot easier for others to reference as time goes by, the information is much more useful on the spreadsheet.