• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hey mom, One of my friends got the GC from DV lottery in 2014 (he did AoS). He told me that he requested a police report from the embassy in our country 3 months before his number become current. is this step required if I do AoS ? or if I have the police report, will the background check be faster? (I (my wife) never been arrested nor have any charges)

Hey mom, One of my friends got the GC from DV lottery in 2014 (he did AoS). He told me that he requested a police report from the embassy in our country 3 months before his number become current. is this step required if I do AoS ? or if I have the police report, will the background check be faster? (I (my wife) never been arrested nor have any charges)

PCC is not required for AOS, it will not hasten the background check process if you decide to include it with your AOS package nonetheless. It makes no difference for AOS.

Hello, my case numb is EU27XX . i am in the us with F1 visa. I paid the 330$ and i received the letter that confirms that they received my payment. All I have to do now, is waiting for an email in August, right?

Hello, my case numb is EU27XX . i am in the us with F1 visa. I paid the 330$ and i received the letter that confirms that they received my payment. All I have to do now, is waiting for an email in August, right?
Did you read the spreadsheet?

Watch the VB for when your CN becomes current. Familiarize yourself with the AOS process spreadsheet while waiting - very important!

From May 23rd

Hello!
In order to apply for the AOS, because I am in the USA with a F1 VISA, i paid the 330$ fee. Now, what is the next step? When do I have to send the l 485 form? Or do I have to wait that my number will become current?

That question is answered in the AOS spreadsheet, to which you have already been directed a few times on this thread in response to similar queries. The spreadsheet exists so that people (mom, specifically) do not have to give the same answer over and over to the same questions over and over.

I can t find the spreadsheet

Link to the spreadsheet is attached to the first post on page one of this thread.

I found out that Completing a program at one school and starting a new program at a different school is an example of SEVIS transfer during which one can maintain the same current SEVIS ID number. If this the case, USCIS may not get involved in issuing a new I-20 for a PhD level after completing a master's and it is just an update of SEVIS records by new university. So it seems one can get a new I-20 for a Phd level after filing their AOS during the master's program.

Does anyone know if USCIS has access to SEVIS records or not?

Hey, my case number is EU00011xxx, based on the previous years, it will become current in around March. I am on F1 visa in the US rn, and I talked to one of the attorneys and she told me that the interview will probably not even be scheduled by the end of the FY, so I have to apply through the consular processing instead of AOS (which is not a good option for me because I can't just leave the university for half of the year). So my question is, what is the maximum amount of time that will take for the interview to be scheduled since the day the number becomes current, is it a big chance i won't be able to process through AOS if my number becomes current in march?

Hey, my case number is EU00011xxx, based on the previous years, it will become current in around March. I am on F1 visa in the US rn, and I talked to one of the attorneys and she told me that the interview will probably not even be scheduled by the end of the FY, so I have to apply through the consular processing instead of AOS (which is not a good option for me because I can't just leave the university for half of the year). So my question is, what is the maximum amount of time that will take for the interview to be scheduled since the day the number becomes current, is it a big chance i won't be able to process through AOS if my number becomes current in march?

This is clearly not an attorney used to dealing with DV cases.
No guarantees, and different FOs have different timelines, but assuming a straightforward case, a number current in March should have ample time to complete the AOS process.

What the attorney said is nonsense, she doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

Go through the AOS process spreadsheet for a better understanding of the process. Review both the current and past years timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of how long processing takes (it varies from FO to FO).

thank you! it says "interview may be 1 to 4 months from when the CN becomes current" is the number 4 the biggest number you've heard of based on the people's experiences or is that an approximate number?

thank you! it says "interview may be 1 to 4 months from when the CN becomes current" is the number 4 the biggest number you've heard of based on the people's experiences or is that an approximate number?

I already suggested you take a look at the timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of how long it actually takes on average - so do that, look at those spreadsheets.

Hi, can spouses send AOS together?
if so, should we list documents in the Cover letter in order to: first all documents for the main applicant and then all documents for the spouse
And can we share some documents? like tax return transcript (taxes was filled together)

Hi, can spouses send AOS together?
if so, should we list documents in the Cover letter in order to: first all documents for the main applicant and then all documents for the spouse
And can we share some documents? like tax return transcript (taxes was filled together)

Each petition should be treated as a separate package with its own set of applicable documents - they can however be mailed together.

Hello Sm1smom,
To the best of my knowledge, hepatitis vaccines are taken in 3 doses and there is a 6 month period between two of them.

What do you suggest for those whose case numbers go current in final months as there may not be enough time to do vaccination?

Hello Sm1smom,
To the best of my knowledge, hepatitis vaccines are taken in 3 doses and there is a 6 month period between two of them.

What do you suggest for those whose case numbers go current in final months as there may not be enough time to do vaccination?

USCIS is already aware of that. Your CS just needs to indicate on your medical form the first dose has been taken. You complete the remaining dosage on your own.

USCIS is already aware of that. Your CS just needs to indicate on your medical form the first dose has been taken. You complete the remaining dosage on your own.
Thank you.
Do I have to receive vaccination before a medical exam is being scheduled by USCIS?

Thank you.
Do I have to receive vaccination before a medical exam is being scheduled by USCIS?

No you don’t. The CS will administer the applicable vaccines as part of your medical exam.

On a side note, it doesn’t look like you quite understand the AOS process, so I highly recommend you spend some time reviewing the AOS process spreadsheet. USCIS does not schedule the medical exam as part of your AOS process, you are responsible for doing so on your own.

Hi everyone,

I have been selected for further progressing in DV2020. The number is 2020AS2XXX.

However, my situation is a little awkward.

I am now holding H1B, which started to be valid since last October. Unfortunately, I was transferred from one state to my current state by the end of 2018. My company filed my H1B transfer at that time. But, due to my title; I received Request For Evidence (RFE) from USCIS. Although USCIS approved my case eventually, they changed the expiration date of my H1B from 9/24/2021 to 2/28/2020. Therefore, we (my wife and I) face the following problems:
  1. We may not be able to go back to our country for interview since the U.S. government may not issue us valid visa (the remaining time of my current H1B visa is about 8 month). Therefore, we prefer to choose AOS. In this situation, do we need to file DS-260?
  2. In addition filing I-485, I will also need to renew my H1B. Once we file I-485, the U.S. government will think we have immigration tendency. We are not sure whether this will affect the renewal of my H1B. Could anyone give us suggestions regarding whether we should submit our I-485 prior to submitting my H1B renewal or we should submit my H1B renewal first?
Thank you for your consideration and look forward to hearing from you.