• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hello everyone. My status is changed to "New Card Being Produced" today. I interviewed at SF FO on 3/6/2020 and have been waiting since. I initiated a congressional inquiry on 7/16/2020, and today the congress's office got back to me informing the approval. I also called Tier 2 on 8/15/2020 and they had told me to call back if I don't hear by 8/25/2020. Thank you for everyone's advice here and the existence of this forum. You have helped me whether you directly responded to my questions or not, as I did read and learn from each inquiry and advice given for others as well.

Finally! congrats :)

Had my bio this morning. Pretty routine, as per other people's posts here. Officer allowed phones inside, as long as they were switched off, despite a sign saying "no phones". I provided both appointment letters (I received two, but they were identical, apart from the issue dates being one day apart), and was told that either would be fine, as the case number was the same, and fingerprints/photo would be recorded to my profile, using that. A couple of mildly interesting administrative details to note, for the curious:
  1. Neither My.USCIS nor EGov.USCIS showed any updates throughout the day, as late as 6pm PDT (West Coast time), but at 8:50pm, the EGov account, and receipt number status check both read "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken", though it isn't reflected in the "Case History" portion of the EGov account, but the previously blank "Next Steps" section now reads "We will prepare your case for officer review. If we need more information, we will notify you."
  2. My.USCIS even now still shows no updates (i.e. "We received your case").
  3. Despite being signed up for text updates on my EGov account, I didn't receive anything (so they're either unreliable, or they're released at certain times- i.e. not live).
  4. At 8:50pm PDT (11:50pm EDT 08/17), the "LAST UPDATED" date on EGov read 08/18 (see attached), so they must not be using an American timezone.
Thank you for reading my riveting post :p

Now for more waiting :,D

My case tracker status changed the night of biometrics. The fingerprint review applied to my case on USCIS.gov case history changed after 48 hours. Just wait 2 days.

https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2020-aos-only.340762/post-2532074

Hello everyone! I just checked my USCIS status and it says "new card is being produced"!!! I cannot believe this is finally happening especially after all the delays! I cannot thank you enough @Sm1smom for guiding us through this tortuous process, also thank you to everyone else that posted on this wonderful blog :)
PS: I had both interview and biometrics done on August 17th.

Hello everyone! I just checked my USCIS status and it says "new card is being produced"!!! I cannot believe this is finally happening especially after all the delays! I cannot thank you enough @Sm1smom for guiding us through this tortuous process, also thank you to everyone else that posted on this wonderful blog :)
PS: I had both interview and biometrics done on August 17th.

So very happy for you. Congratulations :)

Hello everyone! My husband had his interview today at the Tucson FO. I was asked to accompany him to the interview. He is a derivative applicant. The interview lasted close to an hour and in the end the officer handed a paper saying the case was approved. So very happy! Thank you for this amazing forum!