• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi everyone,

If a single DV selectee preparing for AOS, marries to a USC/Permanent resident after submission of DS-260 but before the interview...

1) Do they need to unlock DS-260 and change their status to married?
or
2) Only File I-485 with the correct marital status?

3) Is there any other option? What should they do?

4) Does unlocking DS-260 and changing the marital status delay the DS-260 processing time?

Thank you in advance for your responses, and sure thank you guys for providing such an amazing platform.

1. Not necessarily, but they can.

2. File I485 with updated marital status.

3. ???

4. It doesn’t. KCC doesn’t process the DS260 for AOSers. However, even if updating the DS260 causes a processing delay, the form will still need to be updated regardless as not doing so (for fear of causing a processing delay) will result in a much more unpleasant consequence in the long run anyways.

Hi! I been selected for dv2020 and my case is 35XXX. I’m with a F1 visa and I chose AOS. When I’m going to get interviewed?!

Hi! I been selected for dv2020 and my case is 35XXX. I’m with a F1 visa and I chose AOS. When I’m going to get interviewed?!

I recommend you actually focus on understanding the DV based AOS process first. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet which is linked to the first post on page one of this thread as a starting point. Be sure to review all the tabs on the spreadsheet.

I recommend you actually focus on understanding the DV based AOS process first. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet which is linked to the first post on page one of this thread as a starting point. Be sure to review all the tabs on the spreadsheet.
I submitted the Ds260 in May 2019 for AOS. But can I travel in the same time since I have the visa?! I will review it right now.

I submitted the Ds260 in May 2019 for AOS. But can I travel in the same time since I have the visa?! I will review it right now.

Yes you can travel. However, bear in mind admission or re-admission into the US is never guaranteed (except for a USC), it is always at the discretion of the CBP Officer.

Good morning @Sm1smom
I would like to ask an info. Last night i was reading the "Timelines section" in your spreadsheet, and i saw that some foxes current in November, sent their AOS package in October, without mentioning the early filing. I would like to know if it is a risk send my package in the middle of October instead November 1st. EU2700
Thank you in advance for your patience

Good morning @Sm1smom
I would like to ask an info. Last night i was reading the "Timelines section" in your spreadsheet, and i saw that some foxes current in November, sent their AOS package in October, without mentioning the early filing. I would like to know if it is a risk send my package in the middle of October instead November 1st. EU2700
Thank you in advance for your patience

There’s always a risk with early filing, regardless of if the filing is one month or one day early.

hi all, i am just so stuck at this point where i can't find this but cant move forward with my DS-260 application.
because it keeps on saying.

"Social Media Provider/Platform has not been completed".

is it a browser issue or me? i am using chrome

hi all, i am just so stuck at this point where i can't find this but cant move forward with my DS-260 application.
because it keeps on saying.

"Social Media Provider/Platform has not been completed".

is it a browser issue or me? i am using chrome
You have to add your social network, such as Facebook, Instagram, etc. Pay attention, there is a space where you have add them

Hello @Sm1smom,
I am a DV2020 selectee. I am living in a complex in the US. When registering for lottery I forgot to put my apartment number and I just put complex address. Do you think it will cause any problem for me? Should I contact KCC to let them know?

Hello @Sm1smom,
I am a DV2020 selectee. I am living in a complex in the US. When registering for lottery I forgot to put my apartment number and I just put complex address. Do you think it will cause any problem for me? Should I contact KCC to let them know?

No need to contact KCC over that. It’s a non issue

Hello @Sm1smom,
I am DV2020 lottery winner CN# AS 15XXX.
I currently stay in the US under h1b, and my company is sponsoring me for GC. Now I am on perm process. If it is ok for me to do AOS at the same time while my company is sponsoring me for GC? Any side effects?

Hello @Sm1smom,
I am DV2020 lottery winner CN# AS 15XXX.
I currently stay in the US under h1b, and my company is sponsoring me for GC. Now I am on perm process. If it is ok for me to do AOS at the same time while my company is sponsoring me for GC? Any side effects?

You can have multiple GC petitions in the system, not a problem.

Good evening! @Sm1smom I’ve got another silly question to bug you with and I’m hoping for your advise here. After I submitted my DS260 on Sep 30th I rushed into making a DV payment. I rushed into it so bad that I forgot to include a self-addressed stamped envelope into the package I mailed to DOS and only included a money order and a printed filled out form from DOS website (not the one from 2NL email). Two days later I received a 2NL email where one of the attachments was “DV fee paid receipt” only then I realized that I forgot to mail a self-addressed envelope with the money order.

-Do you think I should mail them another package and include a self-addressed stamped envelope, a receipt for money order I sent them originally and a letter saying that I forgot to include a stamped envelope originally?
-What would you suggest I should do in this case?
-Do you know if/how it can delay my case?

Good evening! @Sm1smom I’ve got another silly question to bug you with and I’m hoping for your advise here. After I submitted my DS260 on Sep 30th I rushed into making a DV payment. I rushed into it so bad that I forgot to include a self-addressed stamped envelope into the package I mailed to DOS and only included a money order and a printed filled out form from DOS website (not the one from 2NL email). Two days later I received a 2NL email where one of the attachments was “DV fee paid receipt” only then I realized that I forgot to mail a self-addressed envelope with the money order.

-Do you think I should mail them another package and include a self-addressed stamped envelope, a receipt for money order I sent them originally and a letter saying that I forgot to include a stamped envelope originally?
-What would you suggest I should do in this case?
-Do you know if/how it can delay my case?

If you already got an email with the payment receipt, there’s no need to contact KCC again

If you already got an email with the payment receipt, there’s no need to contact KCC again

I’m a little confused. Even if that attachment in 2NL is empty(needs to be filled out) and provides the same instructions as DOS website for the DV payment does, I still don’t need to mail it to them?
I thought I was supposed to receive a payment receipt via mail for the $330 DV payment fee. Is it even possible for them to know that I made a money order for DV fee if DOS still didn’t physically received my package with a money order?

Please bear with me here, I’m just pretty confused about how those payments needs to be made. Kind of wish I could just pay everything online directly from DOS website...

Hello. I need your opinion I'm CN 36K Europe do I have a chance to get an interactive date and when? Thank you for answering me :):):)

I’m a little confused. Even if that attachment in 2NL is empty(needs to be filled out) and provides the same instructions as DOS website for the DV payment does, I still don’t need to mail it to them?
I thought I was supposed to receive a payment receipt via mail for the $330 DV payment fee. Is it even possible for them to know that I made a money order for DV fee if DOS still didn’t physically received my package with a money order?

Please bear with me here, I’m just pretty confused about how those payments needs to be made. Kind of wish I could just pay everything online directly from DOS website...

So this is clearer than your previous post in which you said you got an email with a “DV fee paid receipt” attachment.

Wait about one or two weeks for you mailed in payment to clear, then email KCC and request they email you a copy of your payment receipt because you forgot to include a SAE with the payment package you sent in.