• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hello everyone!
I kindly ask for your advice as I am desperate. I sent my i-485 on February 22th,
  • I received a notice dated 10th of march that my application has been received and that they will schedule a biometrics service.
  • Appointment for biometrics was dated 13 March and it was scheduled for 30th of March and was cancelled due to pandemic.
  • Today I received a request for evidence asking to provide I-944.
    A question- can they request the I-944 if i sent my I-485 before 25th of February and they received it on the 25th?
I am here with O3 visa as an accompanying family member of my husband, an O2 visa holder. He is temporarily not working due to pandemic. My visa never allowed me to work so i didn't. I am terrified by the I-944 request as i was sure that due to the fact that I sent everything before the 25th it will not be required. I never filed a tax declaration either as i never had any income in the USA since I came here 2 years ago.
would so much appreciate any advice.
Thank you all in advance.

See right in the middle. It is possible to mail it. Yes, it was sealed.

Is there any instruction on how to get access to a spreadsheet?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200708-183337_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-183337_Chrome.jpg
    664 KB · Views: 43
Hello everyone!
I kindly ask for your advice as I am desperate. I sent my i-485 on February 22th,
  • I received a notice dated 10th of march that my application has been received and that they will schedule a biometrics service.
  • Appointment for biometrics was dated 13 March and it was scheduled for 30th of March and was cancelled due to pandemic.
    A question- can they request the I-944 if i sent my I-485 before 25th of February and they received it on the 25th?
I am here with O3 visa as an accompanying family member of my husband, an O2 visa holder. He is temporarily not working due to pandemic. My visa never allowed me to work so i didn't. I am terrified by the I-944 request as i was sure that due to the fact that I sent everything before the 25th it will not be required. I never filed a tax declaration either as i never had any income in the USA since I came here 2 years ago.

Do you have documented evidence to show when your AOS package was sent in? If you have a receipt showing your package postmarked Feb. 22nd, send it back with a note stating you are exempt from the I-944 requirement. Print out this page and highlight the section that says “For applications and petitions that are sent by commercial courier (for example, UPS, FedEx, or DHL), the postmark date is the date reflected on the courier receipt.” Include it with your response.

See right in the middle. It is possible to mail it. Yes, it was sealed.

Is there any instruction on how to get access to a spreadsheet?

Yes it is possible but not recommended. Additional documents sent (without a RFE being issued) after mailing the AOS package get lost in transit. More often than not, they don’t make it into the case file, that is why those of us familiar with the process do not recommend doing so. Well, you are obviously worried and trying to figure out where the medical report is right now, this could have been easily avoided.

Click on the spreadsheet and send an access request directly from it.

Hello everyone!

In addition to my earlier response, while you may not be subject to the I-944 requirements, I hope you’re aware you’re still expected to be able to demonstrate you’re unlikely to become a public charge. You’re just not required to demonstrate this with the I-944.

Well, I have a copy of the medical form and delivery notification.

If the medical report never made it to your case file the delivery notification means nothing to the IO, there’s no way to prove the delivery notification was for the medical report. And if your interview happens well over two months after the medical report was prepared, the copy you have on hand becomes invalid as the medical report cannot be over two months as at the time it gets accepted by USCIS.

In addition to my earlier response, while you may not be subject to the I-944 requirements, I hope you’re aware you’re still expected to be able to demonstrate you’re unlikely to become a public charge. You’re just not required to demonstrate this with the I-944.
Thank you very much for replying! I do not have a receipt, though i have a usps tracking number and the screenshot with tracking of this number where it shows a sent date.
Regarding public charge- I understand that, but I am not sure how if I have to demonstrate it as I have no income records in USA as my visa doesn't allow me to work so i was only accompanying my husband here and decided to try DV lottery to actually be able to work in case of winning and successfully adjusting the status. Would appreciate any advice.
I have worked on high positions in my country before coming to USA, could that possible help?

Has anyone received their fingerprint appointment letter (particularly those that their ASC offices open on 13th and 20th)?

We have received our interview letter for the 27th but no fingerprint appointment yet.
Our ASC also opens on the 27th, so there will be no way that it can be done before the interview.
Plz can u tell ur FO and ASC ?

thank you mom, I had received my IL last week only on the 27th of June. Yes, I would be happy to post my experience but I think I need permission to update the sheet, row 16th is where I had my last updates added.
Congratulation! Did you receive interview letter by mail? Did your USCIS case status update for the interview notice?

Congratulation! Did you receive interview letter by mail? Did your USCIS case status update for the interview notice?
DV lottery cases don't get updates as "Ready to be scheduled for interview".
That last update you get before your case is being adjudicated is "Fingerprint was completed".

DV lottery cases don't get updates as "Ready to be scheduled for interview".
That last update you get before your case is being adjudicated is "Fingerprint was completed".

My latest update is last year, "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken." is this what you mean?
So only written letter informs you of the interview, correct?