• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

A question about filing I-134. Based on the description. The sponsor must be a natural U.S. citizen or a resident by law (green card holder). My parents support me ( This is listed in I-944 ), but they are not U.S. citizen. Do I still need to file I-134?

Sorry for jumping in, but I noticed you are a new user here and just started asking questions about the AOS process. I saw you are an F-1 student and above you said “my parents support me (this is listed in I-944)”. Since I know most F-1 students are financially supported by a family outside the U.S. (you may not be the case), but if you are, parents without any relations to the U.S. cannot be listed as part of your household or as financial supporters in the I-944. Just wanted to point that out. I know for me as an F-1 student the I-944 was a big confusion in the beginning regarding household and financial support, assets etc. Since you are new user I just wanted to mention this in case you might have put wrong information regarding financial support in the I-944 form.

Sorry for jumping in, but I noticed you are a new user here and just started asking questions about the AOS process. I saw you are an F-1 student and above you said “my parents support me (this is listed in I-944)”. Since I know most F-1 students are financially supported by a family outside the U.S. (you may not be the case), but if you are, parents without any relations to the U.S. cannot be listed as part of your household or as financial supporters in the I-944. Just wanted to point that out. I know for me as an F-1 student the I-944 was a big confusion in the beginning regarding household and financial support, assets etc. Since you are new user I just wanted to mention this in case you might have put wrong information regarding financial support in the I-944 form.
Thanks for pointing that out. Yes my parents are not in the US. Based on your description, I can’t list them. However, how can I fulfill the minimum requirement of I-944. Currently I’m a student and has no job. Does that means my asset needs 5 time higher than the poverty line?

2. If I find someone who is a green card holder that can support me for I-134. Should I list him in the household section of I-944?

3.For I-944, Is the income based on the W2 I provided? Last year, I did have a job in US (OPT) and I did passed the poverty line. However I become a student again this year. Did I pass the poverty test?

Thanks for pointing that out. Yes my parents are not in the US. Based on your description, I can’t list them. However, how can I fulfill the minimum requirement of I-944. Currently I’m a student and has no job. Does that means my asset needs 5 time higher than the poverty line?

2. If I find someone who is a green card holder that can support me for I-134. Should I list him in the household section of I-944?

3.For I-944, Is the income based on the W2 I provided? Last year, I did have a job in US (OPT) and I did passed the poverty line. However I become a student again this year. Did I pass the poverty test?

Income is not the only thing used in assessing self sufficiency, every information on the I-944 will be used in making that determination. So if you currently don’t have an ongoing income to report, there’s nothing you can do about that. Your parents cannot be listed as part of your household on the I-944, they’re not based in the US therefore their income cannot be listed. You also cannot list the income of someone who is providing you with an I-134 as part of your household income, the I-134 is just a separate additional document you may present to show you have someone who is willing to support you, it doesn’t get listed on the I-944.

2. If you had gone through the AOS process spreadsheet, you would have seen the IRS tax transcript being listed as a recommended financial document to include with the AOS package. Starting from February 24th, the IRS tax transcript became a required form in support of the required I-944 Self Sufficiency form.

Well, I filed my AOS package before Feb 24th. Anyway, to be on the safe side, I am going to take it to interview, of course if I get to that stage. Is there an instruction somewhere how to get the IRS tax transcripts?

BTW, my boyfriend who lives in another state supports my case financially, in addition to my income as a Ph.D. research assistantship I receive every month from university. Is this fine? or he won't be assumed as close relatives?

Well, I filed my AOS package before Feb 24th. Anyway, to be on the safe side, I am going to take it to interview, of course if I get to that stage. Is there an instruction somewhere how to get the IRS tax transcripts?

BTW, my boyfriend who lives in another state supports my case financially, in addition to my income as a Ph.D. research assistantship I receive every month from university. Is this fine? or he won't be assumed as close relatives?

Regardless of when the case was filed, including the IRS tax transcripts had always been listed on the AOS spreadsheet as a recommended financial document to include with the AOS package. Visit the IRS website for guidance on how to get the IRS tax transcripts.

Your boyfriend is fine, if he’s willing to provide you with an I-134 and the applicable supporting documents.

If you are talking about the 'other person' in row 17 of the spreadsheet, you might be referring to me.
Anyway, it has been stressful because i submitted my docments at the end of november and had to wait long for my biometrics and now this.

You are not alone on this boat if it makes you feel any better. Though it probably doesn’t.

Hi Mom, @Sm1smom, thanks for all your help.
06/02/2020 My package was received at the Chicago Lockbox
06/14/2020 I got a text from USCIS with receipt number.
The status when I checked online is: Fingerprint fee was received.
I am still waiting for the official mail notice. Should I submit the non- delivery of notice form online? call?
Thank you,

Hi Mom, @Sm1smom, thanks for all your help.
06/02/2020 My package was received at the Chicago Lockbox
06/14/2020 I got a text from USCIS with receipt number.
The status when I checked online is: Fingerprint fee was received.
I am still waiting for the official mail notice. Should I submit the non- delivery of notice form online? call?
Thank you,

You can call first to confirm if the NOA has actually been mailed out and when it was mailed. They most likely will say wait 30 days for it to show up. If you don’t receive it by the end of this week, assuming they confirm it’s been over two weeks since it was mailed, follow up by submitting an online non-delivery notice.

It sucks that I could not even create e-Request. My case was received on 2/11/2020. Guess I can only wait till 180 days...

Attachments

• cannot create.PNG
    cannot create.PNG
    43.4 KB · Views: 67
Hi!

So i called USCIS to know if my case if in FO,and the first tier told that he was able to check this info and he said "yes".
Because of sounds weired that he was able to give this info i called again this time the tier 1 told me"no",then i asked to be transfer a tier 2 and afyer 254min of waiting the guy said "no"...( so the first firat is a liar????)
I have the impression that they just read what i can read by myself in myuscis website...
My question is: how can i actually make to check better where is my case?
Thanks

Hello,

I have been reading this forum but this is my first post. I saw a poster who received a GC in 6/2020 without an interview. Did anyone else receive their GC since Covid-19 started?

My case is current in January, and documents were submitted in 12/2019. I had my interview on 3/6/2020. I was told by the interviewing officer that my GC should come within weeks if the background check is OK. Then Covid-19 comes and the SF FO is closed. My case has been pending since. I reached out by website last week to inquire my status and someone wrote me back today that the I-485 is pending adjudication, without any more information. I am quite worried as the fiscal year is coming to an end in than 2 months.
Is everyone also experiencing similar issues or is my case potentially problematic?
During the interview, I did answer my dad's birthdate incorrectly (by 1 day) and I didn't remember how many parking tickets I had ... (I've lived in the US for 15 years). Other than that I don't think I have any red flags and I have a stable income... I am adjusting from H1B.

Any advise would help. Thanks

Hi!

So i called USCIS to know if my case if in FO,and the first tier told that he was able to check this info and he said "yes".
Because of sounds weired that he was able to give this info i called again this time the tier 1 told me"no",then i asked to be transfer a tier 2 and afyer 254min of waiting the guy said "no"...( so the first firat is a liar????)
I have the impression that they just read what i can read by myself in myuscis website...
My question is: how can i actually make to check better where is my case?
Thanks

I wouldn’t go into a debate of if the rep you spoke with on your first call is a “liar” or not. Maybe he basically told you what he felt you wanted to hear, or he told you that to simply get you off the line. USCIS’s website already says:

“Our case status web page gives you the same information as you would get from speaking to a representative, and it’s available immediately, any time of day, from a cell phone, tablet, or computer.”
USCIS Contact Center
So you shouldn’t have been asking the first line rep if he’s able to see where your case is at. These guys are contractors, they type in your case number online same way you would and they see exactly what you’ll see.

Plus knowing where your case is at doesn’t really tell you anything about your case. There’s no way to check for precisely where your case is at. Cases typically go from the Chicago Lockbox to the NBC to the FO. Case files are usually not held back at the first two locations, they spend a significant amount of time at the FO.

Hello,

I have been reading this forum but this is my first post. I saw a poster who received a GC in 6/2020 without an interview. Did anyone else receive their GC since Covid-19 started?

My case is current in January, and documents were submitted in 12/2019. I had my interview on 3/6/2020. I was told by the interviewing officer that my GC should come within weeks if the background check is OK. Then Covid-19 comes and the SF FO is closed. My case has been pending since. I reached out by website last week to inquire my status and someone wrote me back today that the I-485 is pending adjudication, without any more information. I am quite worried as the fiscal year is coming to an end in than 2 months.
Is everyone also experiencing similar issues or is my case potentially problematic?
During the interview, I did answer my dad's birthdate incorrectly (by 1 day) and I didn't remember how many parking tickets I had ... (I've lived in the US for 15 years). Other than that I don't think I have any red flags and I have a stable income... I am adjusting from H1B.

Any advise would help. Thanks

Looks like your background check clearance was still pending as at the time of your interview, it basically went into AP since then. Which country are you chargeable to? Is your background TAL study related?

I wouldn’t go into a debate of if the rep

“Our case status web page gives you the same information as you would get from speaking to a representative, and it’s available immediately, any time of day, from
So you shouldn’t have been asking the first line rep if he’s able to see where your case is at. These guys are contractors, they type in your case number online same way you would and they see exactly what you’ll see.

Plus knowing where your case is at doesn’t really tell you anything about your case. There’s no way to check for precisely where your case is at. Cases typically go from the Chicago Lockbox to the NBC to the FO. Case files are usually not held back at the first two locations, they spend a significant amount of time at the FO.

Thanks for the explanation.
I did not want to speak with the first officer, he just said:"i have access to this is info" like he got offended that i asked to speak with tier2!
(And btw the tier2 was also not able to find neither my case!!)
Anyway after that my case was hold in the chicago lockbox for almost 40days i am just worry that it will happen again,for this reason i wanted to check where it was,but if u says that at this point does not make any difference...i will just wait and check the mail every 2 min!XD

Thanks for the explanation.
I did not want to speak with the first officer, he just said:"i have access to this is info" like he got offended that i asked to speak with tier2!
(And btw the tier2 was also not able to find neither my case!!)
Anyway after that my case was hold in the chicago lockbox for almost 40days i am just worry that it will happen again,for this reason i wanted to check where it was,but if u says that at this point does not make any difference...i will just wait and check the mail every 2 min!XD

ICE just announced that all the international students whose colleges don't plan on-campus return on the fall and plan stricktly online classes will have to return to their home countries.
EcQ11KIXgAAdwqd.png
While for now my college is expected to return to on campus method in the fall, I wonder, since I have filed for AOS anyways, I can stay in the country anyways up until my case is resolved, correct?

Hi there,

I got interview letter today. And the interview date is on 7/29. I got my biometric letter last Thursday which I’ve post here last week.
Hope everything will go smoothly. And I think USCIS has gradually deal with the DV case. Hope everyone can get good news ASAP.
I’ll update my timeline on the 2020 timeline spreadsheet. Good luck for everyone!

ICE just announced that all the international students whose colleges don't plan on-campus return on the fall and plan stricktly online classes will have to return to their home countries.
View attachment 1773
While for now my college is expected to return to on campus method in the fall, I wonder, since I have filed for AOS anyways, I can stay in the country anyways up until my case is resolved, correct?

Oh my, this is awful..... I suppose if we are currently under a pending status we can remain here, but once the FY ends, we would have to depart the U.S if there is no resolution with AOS. Am I correct? Also I didn't understand if we are full-time students, what happens? Can we still remain in the U.S if full-time regardless of online or in-person classes?

View attachment 1773

You already have a pending AOS petition in the system, you will be exempt from the requirement to depart and attend classes from home until your AOS application is adjudicated or until after Sept. 30th, whichever comes first.