• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

It's really interesting to see that those whose case numbers went current in July and their field office is Detroit, MI all have interviews scheduled on the same day that is August 28.

Hello everyone,
Our CN is 2020EU3*** so it may become current in November. In the spreadsheet 2NL is indicated as one of the documents which should be submitted with the I 485 form.
1.Is my undertanding correct that I can get 2NL only if I file DS260 (i see in the timeline tab that some people did not file DS260 but still had 2NL)? We still did not file it (my husaband and myself are on vacation outside of the US now).
2.Will it be OK if we submit DS260 right before filing I 485?

1. 2NL is typically sent following the DS260 submission. However, KCC sometimes sends it following DV administrative fee payment when the DS260 form hasn’t been submitted.

2. Yes.

USCIS has released form I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency, in the aftermath of recently announced rule called public charge.
The form asks for anything from income, assets and resources to debts and credit score!!!

1. 2NL is typically sent following the DS260 submission. However, KCC sometimes sends it following DV administrative fee payment when the DS260 form hasn’t been submitted.

2. Yes.

Mom,

Me and my wife are currently in the same situation as @Mirmar. You have answered already that as my CN is 2020 EU29XXX so I have time to wait to submit my DS260 (entering US end of august 2019 so best to submit first week fo January 2020 to crossover the 90 day issue).

My wife understand the importance of the AOS and GC timeline so if required then she will skip her conference in december but it would be great if we can find a way for her to attend them without risking the GC process.

Question 1: My wife has several conference and trainings in Europe in December 2019. I was thinking if there is a way she can attend them without risking the timeline for AOS process? Because if she travels then even if we become current by March 2020 then because of her december port of entry we can only submit DS260 in April 2020.
Question 1: a)So may I skip the DS260 submission and in January pay the administrative fee directly? b)and then file I-485 once I receive fee payment receipt from KCC?
Question 2: Will filing I485 within 90 days of entering US (before April 2020) would still be considered a violation and considered as an "Immigrant intent"?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mom,

Me and my wife are currently in the same situation as @Mirmar. You have answered already that as my CN is 2020 EU29XXX so I have time to wait to submit my DS260 (entering US end of august 2019 so best to submit first week fo January 2020 to crossover the 90 day issue).

My wife understand the importance of the AOS and GC timeline so if required then she will skip her conference in december but it would be great if we can find a way for her to attend them without risking the GC process.

Question 1: My wife has several conference and trainings in Europe in December 2019. I was thinking if there is a way she can attend them without risking the timeline for AOS process? Because if she travels then even if we become current by March 2020 then because of her december port of entry we can only submit DS260 in April 2020.
Question 1: a)So may I skip the DS260 submission and in January pay the administrative fee directly? b)and then file I-485 once I receive fee payment receipt from KCC?
Question 2: Will filing I485 within 90 days of entering US (before April 2020) would still be considered a violation and considered as an "Immigrant intent"?

Thanks.

DS260 submission, DV administrative fee payment, AOS package submission all constitutes demonstration of immigrant intent. In view of the current administration’s attitude towards immigration in general, I already recommended waiting at least 90 days (following an international trip) before demonstrating an immigrant intent).

If attending the conference is greatly important to you guys, your wife can attend. And you guys go through CP in that case. And you can submit your DS260 form now if doing CP.

USCIS has released form I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency, in the aftermath of recently announced rule called public charge.
The form asks for anything from income, assets and resources to debts and credit score!!!

USCIS released a DRAFT version of this form back in September 2018. There’s no official usable version that I know of. So can you share a link to the version you’re referring to?

Thanks Mom. Considering the current administration's attitude I rather do the AOS (actually AOS is easier for me compared to CP, CP in my country requires lot of paperwork and I cant leave my current work). Guess I am readying all the paperwork and submitting in January 2020.

DS260 submission, DV administrative fee payment, AOS package submission all constitutes demonstration of immigrant intent. In view of the current administration’s attitude towards immigration in general, I already recommended waiting at least 90 days (following an international trip) before demonstrating an immigrant intent).

If attending the conference is greatly important to you guys, your wife can attend. And you guys go through CP in that case. And you can submit your DS260 form now if doing CP.

USCIS released a DRAFT version of this form back in September 2018. There’s no official usable version that I know of. So can you share a link to the version you’re referring to?
Sorry, You're right. It's not a official version yet. But it will be published in a few days.

I suggest AOSers whose case numbers went current on October not to submit their AOS package yet. They may need to include form I-944 in their package as well. Not submitting this form will result in rejection of their I-485.

I suggest AOSers whose case numbers went current on October not to submit their AOS package yet. They may need to include form I-944 in their package as well. Not submitting this form will result in rejection of their I-485.

I think you need to stop all the unnecessary commotion and atmosphere of fear your last couple of posts are creating in the forum. I honestly don’t know if you’re doing this intentionally or it’s simply a case of you not quite understanding the process but trying to help with your limited understanding.

It is not true not true that any AOS package submitted now without a yet to be released I-944 form will result in a rejection. Not true at all. The targeted implementation date of the new public charge definition only goes into effect on October 15th (assuming there are no court cases challenging it’s implementation). Which means any AOS petition filed or postmarked prior toon October 15, 2019, will NOT be rejected, nor would such a petition be denied based on the newly expanded definition of what constitutes a public charge.

Hi,
Thank you for all the helpful information in this forum, it has been a great help to me, especially the google sheet about the AOS process. My case number is EU5xxx, so I am hoping my number will become current this year.

I am currently a student on F1 visa and started to fill out the DS260 after reading the spreadsheet. I was almost ready to submit when I read about the 90 day rule in the forum. I came back from Europe in the middle of July and started to fill out the form a few days after that. Now I have the following questions:
1) Does starting to fill out the DS260 without submiting it already constitute immigration intent?
2) If so, would it be better go the CP route instead (since I can still change this online on the CEAC homepage)?
3) In the DS260 travel history part, it asks about recent trips to the US and how long I stayed in the country, how do I include the current trip, since I am still in the country? Do I just update the number of days since I have arrived on the day I submit the form?

Thank you!

Hi,
Thank you for all the helpful information in this forum, it has been a great help to me, especially the google sheet about the AOS process. My case number is EU5xxx, so I am hoping my number will become current this year.

I am currently a student on F1 visa and started to fill out the DS260 after reading the spreadsheet. I was almost ready to submit when I read about the 90 day rule in the forum. I came back from Europe in the middle of July and started to fill out the form a few days after that. Now I have the following questions:
1) Does starting to fill out the DS260 without submiting it already constitute immigration intent?
2) If so, would it be better go the CP route instead (since I can still change this online on the CEAC homepage)?
3) In the DS260 travel history part, it asks about recent trips to the US and how long I stayed in the country, how do I include the current trip, since I am still in the country? Do I just update the number of days since I have arrived on the day I submit the form?

Thank you!
Your case number is very low and will go current very soon so you have more than enough time.
Where did you exactly read about 90-day rule?

Hi,

Thank you!

1. A non submitted form will not count as a demonstrated immigrant intent of processing AOS.

2. See 1 above. Your call though if you should change to CP.

3. You can indicate “Present”, “Ongoing”, or something similar in that section.

1. A non submitted form will not count as a demonstrated immigrant intent of processing AOS.

2. See 1 above. Your call though if you should change to CP.

3. You can indicate “Present”, “Ongoing”, or something similar in that section.

Thank you all for the very quick and helpful replies! I am very relieved to hear that starting to fill out the form has not caused any problems and I can continue with AOS as planned.

Concerning my question 3., here is a picture of how the form looks like. There is no possibility for me to select present or ongoing, I have to select between days, months, weeks, years. I have tried to leave this field empty but it gives me the following error message: "Length of Stay has not been completed."

US Visits.PNG

Thank you all for the very quick and helpful replies! I am very relieved to hear that starting to fill out the form has not caused any problems and I can continue with AOS as planned.

Concerning my question 3., here is a picture of how the form looks like. There is no possibility for me to select present or ongoing, I have to select between days, months, weeks, years. I have tried to leave this field empty but it gives me the following error message: "Length of Stay has not been completed."

View attachment 1211

Best way to answer this is to use the online I-94 website and get your recent travel history. It will have the recent entry date and then you can calculate how many days has been upto the day you submit the DS260.