• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

And I’m saying the note is a complete waste of KCC’s time. But of course, it’s your case. Do whatever keeps your mind at rest.
Probably it is a waste of time, I thought either I send only one or send both and include a note. Thank you for the info
I can send the one from my country of birth and bring both fo rthe interview and ask if I can get the visa on the Canadian one, does this make sense?

Hi people!
I’m not sure if this is been asked before but is it possible to re apply for the DV2021 while waiting for the interview date for my DV2020 as I got selected for it? Will that affect the process somehow?
Thanks!

Probably it is a waste of time, I thought either I send only one or send both and include a note. Thank you for the info
I can send the one from my country of birth and bring both fo rthe interview and ask if I can get the visa on the Canadian one, does this make sense?
No, if you only send one copy then send the one you want the visa in. If you send both you don’t need a note, it will be kind of obvious that you have two passports...

Hi people!
I’m not sure if this is been asked before but is it possible to re apply for the DV2021 while waiting for the interview date for my DV2020 as I got selected for it? Will that affect the process somehow?
Thanks!
Yes and no, respectively. Totally fine.

Hi people!
Thanks!

Yes you can apply for DV2021. It will not impact your DV2020 selection.

Yes for the first question and no for the second? :D
Or it has a 50% chance to affect the process?

re·spec·tive·ly
/rəˈspektivlē/
adverb
  1. separately or individually and in the order already mentioned (used when enumerating two or more items or facts that refer back to a previous statement).

Tricky question here,
I’m legally separated: married in the USA with a non us citizen and then registered the marriage in my country and then after a few years I had to file for divorce (still in my country) until I was legally separated.
Which document should I bring to the interview?
I have: the original copy of the marriage certificate from the Florida bureau of vital statistics (Florida was the state where I got married), the certificate of the registered marriage and the separation from Italy, and the final document from the Italian courthouse stating that I’m legally separated. Am I forgetting something?

Hello everyone. I am a DV 2020 selectee and I'm having some issues filling form DS-260.

"Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?"

What do I answer here? I don't have this documentation but I'm supposed to get a medical examination before the interview. I have received all vaccinations mandated in my home country.

"Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?"

What about this one? It doesn't make much sense for a DV visa.

Thank you for all your help.

Hello everyone. I am a DV 2020 selectee and I'm having some issues filling form DS-260.

"Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?"

What do I answer here? I don't have this documentation but I'm supposed to get a medical examination before the interview. I have received all vaccinations mandated in my home country.

"Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?"

What about this one? It doesn't make much sense for a DV visa.

Thank you for all your help.
It’s no and no, as you already know you’ll get the vaccinations at the medical, and DVs don’t need labor certification. They know it doesn’t matter for DV so it won’t have any impact.

Hi everyone, I would like to repeat my question from a few pages a ago since it got lost in replies. Any help and or advice woul be apreciated :)

"Dear forum members, today like a lot of people I received the the email from KCC telling me to ready up the documents (me being EU3xxxx). And I have a question, among the documents that need to be presented is the police certificate from the current country of residence and,and also from , I quote the email, "If I have ever lived in another country for 12 months or more AND I was 16 years or older at the I lived there".

My question is, If I lived in a country when I was 16 and or older with my parents, but they were diplomats working for a foreign country mission, and we all had diplomatic status so to speak, do I still need to provide the KCC with the police certificate from that country? Me being the сhild of a diplomat is considered as "lived in another country for 12 months " and I need to contact police authorities from said country and get a police certificate although diplomatic personel has immunity/special status when residing in another country? I could not find the answer online so I am kindly asking for your help. Thank you all in advance "

Hi everyone, I would like to repeat my question from a few pages a ago since it got lost in replies. Any help and or advice woul be apreciated :)

"Dear forum members, today like a lot of people I received the the email from KCC telling me to ready up the documents (me being EU3xxxx). And I have a question, among the documents that need to be presented is the police certificate from the current country of residence and,and also from , I quote the email, "If I have ever lived in another country for 12 months or more AND I was 16 years or older at the I lived there".

My question is, If I lived in a country when I was 16 and or older with my parents, but they were diplomats working for a foreign country mission, and we all had diplomatic status so to speak, do I still need to provide the KCC with the police certificate from that country? Me being the сhild of a diplomat is considered as "lived in another country for 12 months " and I need to contact police authorities from said country and get a police certificate although diplomatic personel has immunity/special status when residing in another country? I could not find the answer online so I am kindly asking for your help. Thank you all in advance "
Are you seeking information about diplomatic immunity or PCC requirement.
If it's the latter it's all over.
If you need special preference because you're a diplomats child maybe you need to continue in advance search mode
All in all this DV lottery process knows no status, the rules are the same for all
Best of luck

Yes, you still need to get the PCC from that country.

Hi everyone, I would like to confirm that I received a letter from KCC requesting for further documents.

Hi!

I acquired a Canadian citizenship today, my interview should be scheduled for December (my number is 32xx) but I haven't gotten an invitation yet (scans were approved in the middle of September).
My question: do I have to unlock my DS-260 now and include my new citizenship info? If so, do I have to provide my Canadian passport number which I haven't applied for yet (and will have to wait for at least 2 weeks -- 1 month to get it) or my Citizenship certificate # is good enough?

Or should I better wait to unlock it after I get my interview date & after I get my Canadian passport?

I wrote to KCC asking all this but all I got is a generic response -- if I need to unlock it, I should write them and they will unlock it sort of thing...

For my surprise I received letter from KCC for further documents yesterday evening, my cn is eu43***.
My CN is in the same range and I also received the letter. Apparently, they send it out to everyone which is not a bad sign.

I have a question that I have asked before but I am still not sure how I should proceed.

CN: EU43xxx

I am applying for summer internships in the Bay Area in 2020 right now for which I need a J1 visa.
So far my plan is as following:
1. Receive an offer for an internship from June till September
2. Feb/March apply for J1 visa with multiple entries (perhaps the company moves a bit slower and won't start the visa process till April/May)
3. March/April send in documents (can only do it after I got the J1 visa)
4. Go to the US to start the internship
5. Fly back to Europe for 1 week for the embassy interview
6. Re-enter the US with the J1 visa
7. After the internship fly back to Europe write exams
8. Short trip to the US to activate the GreenCard

I think doing the interview in my home country involves less risk than doing AOS (high CN).

Does my plan make sense?

Last edited: