• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Thanks Britsimon. I read that before and you said “If you are a DV2019 case, have already submitted your DS260 and do not need to unlock your DS260 prior to interview, there is no need to do anything about the new questions. There is no need to unlock the form simply for these new questions. You completed the old version of the form and that will be acceptable.” But when I logged in AFTER I submitted the form, I saw that the form now has the social media section and it is now blank (as attached before). Is that still correct? I just want to make sure I’m not submitting the form declaring that I have no social media when I do. Like are we Suppose to be seeing that section after it has been submitted?

I think bullet #2 answers your question if you unlocked the form. If you did not unlock it and are just viewing your submission, I think KCC would see you submitted it before the new requirement for social media was put in place. Is your form editable right now?
  1. If you are a DV2019 case, have already submitted your DS260 and do not need to unlock your DS260 prior to interview, there is no need to do anything about the new questions. There is no need to unlock the form simply for these new questions. You completed the old version of the form and that will be acceptable. Some cases may still be asked for the DS5535, and I would personally recommend you download that form and take it prefilled to the interview, but they may not even ask for it.
  2. If you have already submitted your DS260 (as a DV2019 OR DV2020 case) and if you do unlock for any reason you will now be expected to complete the new questions. Do that. No big deal. If you do not need to unlock for any other reason, you do NOT need to unlock solely for adding social media accounts

Thanks Britsimon. I read that before and you said “If you are a DV2019 case, have already submitted your DS260 and do not need to unlock your DS260 prior to interview, there is no need to do anything about the new questions. There is no need to unlock the form simply for these new questions. You completed the old version of the form and that will be acceptable.” But when I logged in AFTER I submitted the form, I saw that the form now has the social media section and it is now blank (as attached before). Is that still correct? I just want to make sure I’m not submitting the form declaring that I have no social media when I do. Like are we Suppose to be seeing that section after it has been submitted?

Bullet 1 covers your scenario, and yes it is normal to see the SM questions now.

Hello,
I’m a dv2020 selectee and currently with a F-1 visa. I’ve decided to proceed with the consular processing in my home country, do I need to obtain any police record from USA?

Bullet 1 covers your scenario, and yes it is normal to see the SM questions now.

Thanks Simon.

I have one more question. I got an internal company transfer from my home country to another country. In my DS260 form, I put the company address of my new country down as part of my “current employer” and did *not* put my old company address down in “previous employer” since technically I am working for the same employer I just got transferred to a new country. Do you think this is fine?

Thanks Simon.

I have one more question. I got an internal company transfer from my home country to another country. In my DS260 form, I put the company address of my new country down as part of my “current employer” and did *not* put my old company address down in “previous employer” since technically I am working for the same employer I just got transferred to a new country. Do you think this is fine?

Probably OK. I would have listed that as two periods of employment.

hi i am from Nepal ,my no.is AS7*** for DV2020 , my academic certifiacte name is Shree Kumar Khadka but in my Citizen and Passport my name is Shree Kumar Khadka Nepali .As i tried to change my academic name as per PP but it is not possible as per our rule in Nepal ( they said any changes has to be made within 6 month after SSE ) , I am really worried about the condition .am i eligible for further process ?

hi i am from Nepal ,my no.is AS7*** for DV2020 , my academic certifiacte name is Shree Kumar Khadka but in my Citizen and Passport my name is Shree Kumar Khadka Nepali .As i tried to change my academic name as per PP but it is not possible as per our rule in Nepal ( they said any changes has to be made within 6 month after SSE ) , I am really worried about the condition .am i eligible for further process ?
Usually a slightly different version in school documents is not a problem as long as it is obviously the same person. The critical documents that must be correct and match the entry form are birth certificate and passport.

Hi. Anyone knows what was the highest CN AS in DV2019?
Hi Lya! if you are asking about SOUTH AMERICA, remember to ask for SA number, because AS is for ASIA. For us, SA, so far, I think yours is the highest I've seen.

Hi Lya! if you are asking about SOUTH AMERICA, remember to ask for SA number, because AS is for ASIA. For us, SA, so far, I think yours is the highest I've seen.
Oh I'm sorry. I meant SA. How bad that I have such a high CN. If I were the daughter or wife of an American citizen, would I have more possibilities?

Oh I'm sorry. I meant SA. How bad that I have such a high CN. If I were the daughter or wife of an American citizen, would I have more possibilities?
You would have OTHER ways to get a green card. But not more possibilities to get it with the lottery. But hey! don't quit just yet!!! We don't know how high the numbers are and we don't know how many selectees... anything could have happened... let's wait a little, but don't quit.

Hello everyone. I’m in the states in h2b visa and got selected in DV 2020. Since my number is kinda high I would like to do another extension. but I’m not sure if it would affect anything if I send my ds 260 and then apply for extension through my company. I would like to get your opinion. Thank you very much.

Hello everyone. I’m in the states in h2b visa and got selected in DV 2020. Since my number is kinda high I would like to do another extension. but I’m not sure if it would affect anything if I send my ds 260 and then apply for extension through my company. I would like to get your opinion. Thank you very much.

Since you’re already aware of your CN being on the high end you need to hold off on the DS260 submission.

Please on my wife school cert the date of birth is 16th September insteed of 16th August please guys can this causes issues in the DV process??? But on the cert has her picture

Hello Mom,
So i filled out the DS-260 form for consular processing and got the confirmation. Waiting on KCC to send me an email to upload the required documents. How long does it take them to request documents after I completed the DS-260? And I am preparing to apply for TPS based AP to travel for interview (I assume it would be November or December for CN AS31##). So when i apply TPS AP, do i need to disclose that I will be traveling to my country to attend the DV Based Green card Interview along with family visit? Do i need to disclose or not since its 4-months far for interview? I just wanted to be ready with Travel document which usually take 2-3 months for the approval.

Hello Mom,
So i filled out the DS-260 form for consular processing and got the confirmation. Waiting on KCC to send me an email to upload the required documents. How long does it take them to request documents after I completed the DS-260? And I am preparing to apply for TPS based AP to travel for interview (I assume it would be November or December for CN AS31##). So when i apply TPS AP, do i need to disclose that I will be traveling to my country to attend the DV Based Green card Interview along with family visit? Do i need to disclose or not since its 4-months far for interview? I just wanted to be ready with Travel document which usually take 2-3 months for the approval.

1. KCC is still dealing with DV2019 cases, so you need to exercise some patience.
2. I don’t know if you should or shouldn’t disclose that or not, I can’t tell you how or what to fill out on the form. However the rule of thumb is to always be truthful when it comes to immigration.

Best regards, I have my SA36 ++ case and I really have a lot of confusion about when to send my DS260, I really read and read and every time I get confused. I live in Chile but I'm from Venezuela. I want to emigrate legal not to affect my American visa I'm going to be revoked.

Best regards, I have my SA36 ++ case and I really have a lot of confusion about when to send my DS260, I really read and read and every time I get confused. I live in Chile but I'm from Venezuela. I want to emigrate legal not to affect my American visa I'm going to be revoked.
Hi Rafael! welcome to this forum! I'm from Venezuela too and this is my second time winning the DVLottery. Last time I had a really high number and I didn't make it to the interview. This year my number is even higher, but we still don't know where are we standing.
My first advice would be to NOT send your DS260 just yet. Wait a little and see how things develop in the months to come. We have found numbers up to 39XX and we don't know if there are higher ones.
Also, keep in touch, we have a thread for South America and the Caribbean winners. Maybe we make it :)