• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

We don't know how many selectees there are at this point, so I cannot say whether you will get a chance or not. However, it certainly won't be current in 2019 - so you have MONTHS to wait anyway - plenty of time to know more. Do not submit your DS260 at this point.

Thanks Simon,
Why do you tell as don't submit the DS 260 at this point? KCC recommend that DS 260 should be submitted soon.

Hello everybody.

Does anyone know if I can apply for H1B while waiting for my number to be current next year in F1 student visa status? And will H1B cancel my DS-260 that I already submitted. My employer is willing to pay for my H1B. Knowing that it`s a complicated and expensive process I`d rather wait for my case number to become current. Also my number is high, if it won`t be current I can lose everything.

Applying for H1B will not impact the submitted DS260 form.

Hi. I have been selected DV2020! My case number is AS24××× though..
I'm in US as a student ,I already submited DS260.
Can I apply OPT (I mean I765) after submit DS260 ..?
It doesn't have probrem?

Yes you can apply for OPT.

Is there anyone from Canada that maybe in the past or recently has submitted the privacy act police certificate? I’m reading of stories of some people that submitted that document which is mentioned in the US travel.state.gov but still got rejected, therefore they also provided the fingerprint/photo based visa-border crossing police certificate and got approved... weird..

Is there anyone from Canada that maybe in the past or recently has submitted the privacy act police certificate? I’m reading of stories of some people that submitted that document which is mentioned in the US travel.state.gov but still got rejected, therefore they also provided the fingerprint/photo based visa-border crossing police certificate and got approved... weird..

That's odd. But I suggest you try the procedure on the reciprocity page AND document your steps in doing so (which you would show to demonstrate you followed instructions). You could also try the other process at the same time or later if your request is rejected.

Hi,

There are two questions.

1. I have already submitted a DS-260, but should I ask for Social Media to open it again? Or should I wait?

2. And I'm CN # AS7xxx, as far as the current AS30xxx is concerned and the past VB, Do you think I can be called this year?

Thank you.

Hi all and congratulations for everyone who won.

I already submit my ds260. My number is in EU8XXX. Perhaps I was too quick to fill it out. I cloud find any answer to my specific question.
In ds260 form asks “have you ever been refused a visa....” I answered yes and explained, because twenty years ago I was refused a k visa in a consulate. But I got two other types of visa since then most recently two years ago. When we were living in US we applied for NIW and concurrently i485. Unfortunately it didn’t go through. Is this count as a refusal of a visa. Should unlock my ds260 for this or mentioned it in interview.

Thanks in advance.

hello, everyone, i have been selected for 2020.my qn is i added my wife as a participant and i was asked to wait an hour as they review then it sent me codes to type in ...my question is should I continue with the application process.

Hi all and congratulations for everyone who won.

I already submit my ds260. My number is in EU8XXX. Perhaps I was too quick to fill it out. I cloud find any answer to my specific question.
In ds260 form asks “have you ever been refused a visa....” I answered yes and explained, because twenty years ago I was refused a k visa in a consulate. But I got two other types of visa since then most recently two years ago. When we were living in US we applied for NIW and concurrently i485. Unfortunately it didn’t go through. Is this count as a refusal of a visa. Should unlock my ds260 for this or mentioned it in interview.

Thanks in advance.

It is important to tell the truth and if in doubt, list everything and let the CO decide what is important or not. From your comment "it didn't go through" it isn't possible to interpret that into an understanding of what happened to say whether that counts as a refusal. So - consider my first point and use your own judgement.

hello, everyone, i have been selected for 2020.my qn is i added my wife as a participant and i was asked to wait an hour as they review then it sent me codes to type in ...my question is should I continue with the application process.

Nothing you have said there helps with getting an answer. So - answer these questions.

Were you married before or after the DV entry?
Did you apply as single?

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. My NIW application was denied, therefore my I-485 was denied as well. My understanding was since it’s not a visa refusal in a consulate The question in ds260 should be answered NO. But I said YES anyway because I was refused a K visa before by a consulate, and I explained that. It would be foolish to hide something from CO. I understand your point and I will mention NIW in my form.

Thank you again, and good luck to all.

Hi All,
I have a question that may have a fairly obvious answer.
I have been select for further processing for DV2020 with CN OC4xx, and I have completed the DS260 form for myself, my wife and our son.
My question is once each applicant has completed the DS260 you receive an 'Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation' that you can print to PDF etc, but the 'portal' for lack of a better word with your case stays open through the entire process.
Essentially I'm just wondering if there is anything that needs to be done at this stage or as long as each applicant status says completed we are OK?
Thanks in advance.

Hi again,

As some of you may know, I submitted my DS260 form last month but when I logged back into my account to just have a look at my application after seeing people post about the social media information, it seems like it is now in my form but wasn’t there when I submitted it. Do I have to ask KCC to unlock my form so I can add it in?

Hi again,

As some of you may know, I submitted my DS260 form last month but when I logged back into my account to just have a look at my application after seeing people post about the social media information, it seems like it is now in my form but wasn’t there when I submitted it. Do I have to ask KCC to unlock my form so I can add it in?

This is what it looks like. I was thinking if I had to fill it out back then, then it wouldn’t have let me proceed until I have completed that info correct? So this time I don’t have to do it?

Attachments

• 19B1DD58-50AA-496A-A432-BA7B34A8AEBE.jpeg
    19B1DD58-50AA-496A-A432-BA7B34A8AEBE.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 37
My case number is very scarely 2020AF56### is there a possibility of interview early next year???

Thanks Britsimon. I read that before and you said “If you are a DV2019 case, have already submitted your DS260 and do not need to unlock your DS260 prior to interview, there is no need to do anything about the new questions. There is no need to unlock the form simply for these new questions. You completed the old version of the form and that will be acceptable.” But when I logged in AFTER I submitted the form, I saw that the form now has the social media section and it is now blank (as attached before). Is that still correct? I just want to make sure I’m not submitting the form declaring that I have no social media when I do. Like are we Suppose to be seeing that section after it has been submitted?