• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Thank you, Sm1smom. I am just beware of immigrant intent since my CN is very high. That's why I asked to make sure I won't be submitting it too early. (Guess the safest time for submitting is around April based on the spreadsheet.) I will be around again in January to see you all discuss about when is the proper time to submit for high CN winners.

Just afraid of not going current for DV2020 high number winners and end up having a hard time later when issueing traveling visa due to submitted DS260 and not being interviewed.

If they run out of visas in 2020, hope it won't affect in the future if submitting DS260 around mid year in 2020 and won't get an interview.

Are you currently based in the US and are you processing AOS?

Regardless of when the DS260 gets submitted, if they run out of visas and the higher CNs end up not getting an interview, getting a NIV after that may be an issue

Hi There,
I got selected for the DV lottery 2020. My case number is in 2020OC2xx. I submitted my DS-260 application last week. I wanted to know if there is a chance that I will be informed for further processing or is it tough to tell right now?

If lucky enough, then roughly around which month do they inform you for uploading the documents? And after how many months will they possibly inform you for an interview after they process your uploaded documents?

I am from Fiji, but currently studying in Asia. I do have police record for the current country I live in, but the police record from Fiji, I will not be able to get since I’m not physically present there and they won’t give it otherwise. Any suggestion?

Finally, for the Form I-134, I.e. Affadavit of Support, do they require it during interview? And if anyone who has submitted it, what exact documents did you gave ? I needed this information on this particular I-134 because the families I have in USA are not very familiar with paperwork so I thought maybe I could make their work easier by informing them for the exact documents.

These are just proactive measures I am preparing for, incase if all goes well then it would be easier to sort it out.

Cheers.

????

How many selectees are there Sloner?
In Europe, I only doubt in two countries, it is Ukraine and Uzbekistan. I think this number is from 45,000 to 50,000. According to the world my forecast is from 140,000. This is a typical situation DV 2014.:)

Are you currently based in the US and are you processing AOS?

Regardless of when the DS260 gets submitted, if they run out of visas and the higher CNs end up not getting an interview, getting a NIV after that may be an issue

Sm1smom, sadly I am in my home country not processing AOS. Guess I have no choice. If I wait too long to see it goes current, I will end up not being interveiwed if it really goes current. Guess I have to take a risk submitting DS260 sometime next year and hope it goes current. Better than do nothing and lose opportunity :(

Would love your suggestion but I think right now we can only wait and see the numbers in January.

Sm1smom, sadly I am in my home country not processing AOS. Guess I have no choice. If I wait too long to see it goes current, I will end up not being interveiwed if it really goes current. Guess I have to take a risk submitting DS260 sometime next year and hope it goes current. Better than do nothing and lose opportunity :(

Would love your suggestion but I think right now we can only wait and see the numbers in January.

The only reason I asked if you were processing AOS was because you wrote about some spreadsheet a couple of times in some of your posts. The only spreadsheet I’m aware of is for people processing AOS. So if you’ve been referring to that particular spreadsheet, I’ll suggest you forget about what is says as it’s not applicable to your process, you will end up confusing yourself if you don’t.

The only reason I asked if you were processing AOS was because you wrote about some spreadsheet a couple of times in some of your posts. The only spreadsheet I’m aware of is for people processing AOS. So if you’ve been referring to that particular spreadsheet, I’ll suggest you forget about what is says as it’s not applicable to your process, you will end up confusing yourself if you don’t.

I meant this one > docs.zoho.com from Simon's blog

I thought it is a history anyone can learn and follow.

So, now I can submit DS260 sometime next year?

Here you can find an overview of the case numbers from Turkey:

The numbers are high but not crazy high.

Do you guys know when the numbers of selectees will be published?
In August together with the first VB or already earlier?

Here you can find an overview of the case numbers from Turkey:

The numbers are high but not crazy high.

Do you guys know when the numbers of selectees will be published?
In August together with the first VB or already earlier?

I believe its on Aug. 15.

Hi guys! Sorry for asking, Im new to this: the case number is better if it's lower, right? What does it mean - this division by regions? I was born in Uzbekistan, and my case number is in EU3xxx. Does it affect anything? I saw some messages talking about quotas for specific countries...

Your number is super low. You will probably get your interview in 2019. Congrats! Yes, there is a quota per country. You can read more about it on brit's blog. Just go to britsimonsays.com and look around a bit.

Hi There,
I got selected for the DV lottery 2020. My case number is in 2020OC2xx. I submitted my DS-260 application last week. I wanted to know if there is a chance that I will be informed for further processing or is it tough to tell right now?

If lucky enough, then roughly around which month do they inform you for uploading the documents? And after how many months will they possibly inform you for an interview after they process your uploaded documents?

I am from Fiji, but currently studying in Asia. I do have police record for the current country I live in, but the police record from Fiji, I will not be able to get since I’m not physically present there and they won’t give it otherwise. Any suggestion?

Finally, for the Form I-134, I.e. Affadavit of Support, do they require it during interview? And if anyone who has submitted it, what exact documents did you gave ? I needed this information on this particular I-134 because the families I have in USA are not very familiar with paperwork so I thought maybe I could make their work easier by informing them for the exact documents.

These are just proactive measures I am preparing for, incase if all goes well then it would be easier to sort it out.

Cheers.

CN OC2xx is quite low, should probably become current by the end of this year.

Your excuse about not being able to get a Fiji PCC will not be acceptable, please check the reciprocity page from one of the links on your 1NL for guidance on how to obtain the the PCC from Fiji.

For the I-134, your sponsor needs their government issued ID and W2 and/or 1099

Hello everyone,

1. My Case number is EU2XXXX , do you have any idea, approx. when it could be current?
2. I have a question regarding the Birth Certificate. My wife doesn't have her father's name/surname listed on her birth certificate since shes born, she never met her father and doesn't know where he lives. On the DS 260 form, family paragraph, you can choose "Unknown" for father/mother informations. Do you think it might be a problem during the interview that her father is not listed on her birth certificate?

Your number is super low. You will probably get your interview in 2019. Congrats! Yes, there is a quota per country. You can read more about it on brit's blog. Just go to britsimonsays.com and look around a bit.

Thank you for your response ( I suppose it was addressed to me lol), great news!
And I will definitely check britsimonsays.com

I meant this one > docs.zoho.com from Simon's blog

I thought it is a history anyone can learn and follow.

So, now I can submit DS260 sometime next year?

Okay I don’t know anything about that spreadsheet.

I’m tired of responding to when you can or should submit your DS260. Please refer to the previous response already given!

Okay I don’t know anything about that spreadsheet.

I’m tired of responding to when you can or should submit your DS260. Please refer to the previous response already given!

Yeah, guess we are not on the same page. Simon's responses and blog best explain the most.

Also, my case is not about AOS at all. Why would I be here instead of being in the managed topic AOS only.

Hi There,

Cheers.

Your number is fine. Probably current in October or November (meaning that is when an interview could take place).

They will email you when they want documents. If you have not heard by mid July, you should proactively send them.

About police certs, read and follow the country instructions on the reciprocity page.

I-134 will probably be required.

More info on my site.

Hello everyone,

1. My Case number is EU2XXXX , do you have any idea, approx. when it could be current?
2. I have a question regarding the Birth Certificate. My wife doesn't have her father's name/surname listed on her birth certificate since shes born, she never met her father and doesn't know where he lives. On the DS 260 form, family paragraph, you can choose "Unknown" for father/mother informations. Do you think it might be a problem during the interview that her father is not listed on her birth certificate?

1. Your CN, based on what you wrote is within the 20,000 range (under 30,000). It most likely will become current, can’t tell you when.
2. Shouldn’t be an issue if f father is unlisted on the B/C.

Yeah, guess we are not on the same page. Simon's responses and blog best explain the most.
In Europe, I only doubt in two countries, it is Ukraine and Uzbekistan. I think this number is from 45,000 to 50,000. According to the world my forecast is from 140,000. This is a typical situation DV 2014.:)

That's a reasonable guess, but you don't know, do you. And unlike previous years, the cutoffs for countries appears MUCH later - right? For instance, I see several Nepal cases at AS12XXX. That's bizarre. So - until we know, we should not try and pretend we know - right?

No, there is NOT a quota per country....