• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hello everyone. for my part, it is my spouse who has ganged the dv 2020. num 2020AF19xxxx. but after playing the lotto we discovered that we were pregnant. I have to give birth soon. we are planning to have a wedding by the time the baby arrives. my concern is this
- the new will also have the visa
- I have a child with another before meeting my spouse. will my child also have the visa with us? since we all live together and we intend to integrate it in the rest of the process. thank you
Is not spouse but wife

Hello everyone. for my part, it is my spouse who has ganged the dv 2020. num 2020AF19xxxx. but after playing the lotto we discovered that we were pregnant. I have to give birth soon. we are planning to have a wedding by the time the baby arrives. my concern is this
- I have a child with another before meeting my spouse. will my child also have the visa with us? since we all live together and we intend to integrate it in the rest of the process. thank you

Is not spouse but wife

Providing accurate information helps us better guide you. I’m confused by your posts. You write about your spouse being selected, and in the same breath, you write about an upcoming wedding. Question is are you currently married to the person selected?

You refer to a spouse but also an upcoming wedding. Are you or are you not already married? What did you put on your DV entry? If married, was the child from the previous relationship listed on the entry? Will that child’s other parent give permission to move with you?
Yes of course the new baby would get a visa, assuming everything else in the case is in order.

Last edited:
Quick question on the education section of the DS260:

I have a completed post-bachelor/advanced degree (graduate certificate), however my Bachelor is incomplete. I was able to gain admission to my Advanced Degree based on completed units from my Bachelor, a handful of units I completed elsewhere, plus a wealth of work experience.

1) When I'm filling out my education background, should I include my incomplete Bachelor (I could only provide my transcripts as I have no completion certificate)?
2) If yes, what should I put as Degree, Diploma or Certificate Received? Usually I would put something like 'Bachelor - Incomplete' would this suffice?

If you haven’t completed the degree you presumably did not receive any degree, diploma or certificate in relation to that. While the DV entry allows you to list “some university courses” as education, you need to have completed a course successfully to be able to list a diploma etc.
you presumably have a high school certificate and thus meet the education requirements anyway.

You refer to a spouse but also an upcoming wedding. Are you or are you not already married? What did you put on your DV entry? If married, was the child from the previous relationship listed on the entry? Will that child’s other parent give permission to move with you?
Yes of course the new baby would get a visa, assuming everything else in the case is in order.
Hi, is my boyfriend who is sélect. But we are not married. I live with him with my daughter. We are waiting a new baba of june and we celebrate wedding july. After then, he will fill document. And my daughter will take a visa? She is not his daughter. Excuse my english i speak french. Thanks

Hi, is my boyfriend who is sélect. But we are not married. I live with him with my daughter. We are waiting a new baba of june and we celebrate wedding july. After then, he will fill document. And my daughter will take a visa? She is not his daughter. Excuse my english i speak french. Thanks

Ok so: after you get married, he will fill in his DS260. He will add you as his new wife, and also add (1) the new baby (2) your child who will then (after the wedding ) officially be his stepchild on the DS260. You will also then fill in DS260s for yourself and each of the children. This should enable all of you to get visas and immigrate. Note that depending on your country and particular circumstances, you may need some form of authorization from your child's father to allow the child to be taken to the US.

Ok so: after you get married, he will fill in his DS260. He will add you as his new wife, and also add (1) the new baby (2) your child who will then (after the wedding ) officially be his stepchild on the DS260. You will also then fill in DS260s for yourself and each of the children. This should enable all of you to get visas and immigrate. Note that depending on your country and particular circumstances, you may need some form of authorization from your child's father to allow the child to be taken to the US.
Thank you for information. Gon bless you

[QUOTE = "Toutou, post: 2495404, membre: 423179"] Merci pour l'information. Gon vous bénisse [/ QUOTE]
god bless you.

Any advice on how to avoid immigrant intent? Saw recent bulletin for DV-2019. Every region goes current. We have no idea what month it will go current. So, the question is when is the proper time to submit DS260 for high number CNs. I am happy for them. For my case, it's 2020AS27xxx. Was thinking should I have DS260 ready and submit ASAP when seeing current for the year 2020?

Thanks in advance.

Any advice on how to avoid immigrant intent? Saw recent bulletin for DV-2019. Every region goes current. We have no idea what month it will go current. So, the question is when is the proper time to submit DS260 for high number CNs. I am happy for them. For my case, it's 2020AS27xxx. Was thinking should I have DS260 ready and submit ASAP when seeing current for the year 2020?

Thanks in advance.

Your number is high and may not become current. It is not a given that every region goes current. So - plauy it smart and delay your DS260 until early next year, but which time we will know more about how many cases are in front of you.

Your number is high and may not become current. It is not a given that every region goes current. So - plauy it smart and delay your DS260 until early next year, but which time we will know more about how many cases are in front of you.
Just out of curiosity, how do we know how many cases are in front of us by January next year? do they release any statistics about the applicant?

I understand about the hole theory. Let's say what if my CN is 2019AS27xxx, and now it goes current on bulletin. Should I submit DS260 now? If yes, I will apply it for my case next year. That makes me curious.

Thanks in advance.

Let's say what if my CN is 2019AS27xxx, and now it goes current on bulletin. Should I submit DS260 now? If yes, I will apply for in my case next year.

Thanks in advance.

If you wait until the VB goes current before submitting your DS260 form you may end up finding out you’re too late as KCC will require a bit of time to process your form and applicable documents before scheduling your interview.

Please pay close attention to what we’ve written so far. All we’re saying for now is for those with seemingly high CNs to wait until at early next year when we will hopefully have a better idea of what’s going on with DV 2020 before deciding on when it may be safe to submit the form.

Let's say what if my CN is 2019AS27xxx, and now it goes current on bulletin. Should I submit DS260 now? If yes, I will apply it for in my case next year.

Thanks in advance.

This is a strange question because if you want a green card, and your number is current, and you haven't submitted a DS260 yet, of course you would submit it now - why wouldn't you? The actual question you need to ask is how to figure out if/when is good to submit it before your number gets current. I'm not sure how much you've read about DV, but things don't happen instantly after you submit your DS260. It can be somewhere between 3-4 months from submission to interview. 4 months from now is bumping up against the end of the fiscal year when the program closes. If your number only gets current in August or September, as has happened before with some numbers, and you wait till its published before submitting - you can basically kiss your chances goodbye.

The actual question you need to ask is how to figure out if/when is good to submit it before your number gets current.
Just curious, why would this be a question? regardless of how high or low his number is, there will be no impact on the application processing as long as he submits his DS260 any time between now and Sep 30. Submitting after Sep 30 would be risky for low numbers as KCC didn't get the application while they could be current

Just curious, why would this be a question? regardless of how high or low his number is, there will be no impact on the application processing as long as he submits his DS260 any time between now and Sep 30. Submitting after Sep 30 would be risky for low numbers as KCC didn't get the application while they could be current

Submitting the DS260 form with a high CN which ends up not becoming current makes it harder to be issued with a NIV in the future because of the demonstrated immigrant intent which the DS260 form submission signifies.

A lower CN on the other hand can still be scheduled for an interview even if the DS260 form is submitted months after the CN became current. KCC can always schedule such a number any other time, the process does not mean they MUST be scheduled the month in which the CN becomes current.

This is the second post I’ve seen recently that seems to think you can lose your place in the queue if you don’t interview the first month you become current. This is not true. Once you are current you can interview any time between that month and fiscal year end, assuming it’s not one of the rare years that they run out of visas before FYE.

If you wait until the VB goes current before submitting your DS260 form you may end up finding out you’re too late as KCC will require a bit of time to process your form and applicable documents before scheduling your interview.

Please pay close attention to what we’ve written so far. All we’re saying for now is for those with seemingly high CNs to wait until at early next year when we will hopefully have a better idea of what’s going on with DV 2020 before deciding on when it may be safe to submit the form.

Thank you, Sm1smom. I am just beware of immigrant intent since my CN is very high. That's why I asked to make sure I won't be submitting it too early. (Guess the safest time for submitting is around April based on the spreadsheet.) I will be around again in January to see you all discuss about when is the proper time to submit for high CN winners.

Just afraid of not going current for DV2020 high number winners and end up having a hard time later when issueing traveling visa due to submitted DS260 and not being interviewed.

If they run out of visas in 2020, hope it won't affect in the future if submitting DS260 around mid year in 2020 and won't get an interview.

Last edited: