• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

@SusieQQQ Yes, I have someone in the US. I gave his address in DS260 online form during the submission. I am sure he will complete that form for me. But he is currently sponsoring someone.. so he is a bit concerned about that... But as far as I know, we can show our bank statements to consulate officer and show him we can be self-sufficient till we get a job.

But thanks a lot for your advice, I will be ready for that too. Now I am waiting for the KCC response. my case number is AS13XXX
Usually, yes. But if you look at the list of required documents for DV for Colombo, an I134 is on there. I was in contact with a Sri Lankan winner this last year and although he had more than what would usually be enough, he said that the embassy there insisted on a sponsor. You can confirm whether or not that is the case with them, but that is what I was told as being factual.

Awesome, thanks.
1 Is the process automatic/ fairly automatic in that once you arrive it is sent out to you straight away or are there other steps you need to take? I'm thinking mostly if I can't move over immediately and need to return, the GC will be sitting at the address I've given until I eventually return.

Amazing, thanks.
2 Does the submission of your DS260 have any effect on your ability to travel as a tourist? I'm thinking if there's a chance travelling as a tourist will impact GC chances I'd be better off waiting until I return.

1. Yes it’s automatic. You can always get the person residing at that address to courier it to you if you want.
2. If you are VWP or already in possession of a tourist visa, probably not a problem. If you need to apply for a visa it might not be granted. I myself traveled on an existing B visa while awaiting my DV interview,

Hey there, I'm in Canada as well and I have been selected for 2020. I live in Toronto so ideally I get my interview here but it looks like there is no other choices as I tried to change the city but I didn't find anything except Montreal.
It is easier for me as I'm closer to Montreal than you are but I think it is still fine for you, it is an interview for something important so it is worth it to take 2 days off and go for the interview
Since you have a relatively low number you should expect an interview somewhere end of this year or beginning of the next year so you have plenty of time to plan for your travel to Montreal. Good luck and wish you all the best!!!

Hey WBA, thank you for your feedback.
My question is: I can plan a week off in Montréal eventually, but If I have to go back to Vancouver after the interview, how am I going to travel without a passport?
BC ID / Driver License will work?

I read stories in a few immigration forums of people receiving a pick-up slip after the interview allowing them to pick up the passport on the next day, do you think it's something that I can talk about with the Counselor?
PS: as matter of fact, in 2009 I received a Q1 Visa for the US. Went in for the interview and got the passport on the same day, maybe not even an hour after the interview was done (maybe because there was just a few people to be interviewed that day).

1. Yes it’s possible to select any US embassy in the country because the DS 260 form is used for several types of immigrant petitions/applications. However for DV purpose, interview location is typically restricted to just one embassy in the country. So in your, regardless of which embassy in Canada you selected, your interview will be scheduled in Montreal. Once interview location is selected, that section gets locked up, you can no longer change it from your end but KCC knows what to do.

2. Ticking the box or not ticking it is not going to play any role in your processing - so use your best judgment on what to do.

Thank you for the info!

Usually, yes. But if you look at the list of required documents for DV for Colombo, an I134 is on there. I was in contact with a Sri Lankan winner this last year and although he had more than what would usually be enough, he said that the embassy there insisted on a sponsor. You can confirm whether or not that is the case with them, but that is what I was told as being factual.
@SusieQQQ Thank you very much! I will arrange for someone to sponsor me. what do you think about my case number?

@destiny007 i am not from Sri Lanka, but I was in contact last DV year with a winner from there. Be advised that Colombo seems to be one of the few consulates that insists on an I134, affidavit of support for DV. Do you have someone in the US that might be willing to complete one for you?

Hi Susie,
Do you know by any chance, which other embassies are obsessed with I134 ?
I will be interviewed soon in Brussels, and I'm counting on my personal savings (30K).

@SusieQQQ Thank you very much! I will arrange for someone to sponsor me. what do you think about my case number?
I don’t really think about case numbers, others might have an opinion. I’m familiar with AF numbers but not really others.

Hi Susie,
Do you know by any chance, which other embassies are obsessed with I134 ?
I will be interviewed soon in Brussels, and I'm counting on my personal savings (30K).
You should be fine in Western Europe.

Hey WBA, thank you for your feedback.
My question is: I can plan a week off in Montréal eventually, but If I have to go back to Vancouver after the interview, how am I going to travel without a passport?
BC ID / Driver License will work?

I read stories in a few immigration forums of people receiving a pick-up slip after the interview allowing them to pick up the passport on the next day, do you think it's something that I can talk about with the Counselor?
PS: as matter of fact, in 2009 I received a Q1 Visa for the US. Went in for the interview and got the passport on the same day, maybe not even an hour after the interview was done (maybe because there was just a few people to be interviewed that day).

Thank you for the info!
I always thought domestic travels do not require a passport. I remember a friend of mine went to Timmins, ON from Toronto, she took the plane and didn't bring her passport, but you probably need to check

I don’t really think about case numbers, others might have an opinion. I’m familiar with AF numbers but not really others.
Welcome to the AF family, your number is high? mine is AF339XX and wonder if I will get an interview

Hi, I think your case number is slightly higher compared to previous years, but you will know it for sure by September. Follow Britsimon website, it's a good place to get more information, he also mentioned the CN are slightly higher and gave two possible reasons.

can anyone here in the US sponsor me? I know this is very stupid to ask but I don't have anyone in the US. so mostly my visa is going to be denied. Can't bear that pain when your dream slips away from your fingertips.

Hello, I understand that 1NL means first notification letter, is it the one I can see once I enter my confirmation that says I'm selected?
Someone told me I will get 1NL soon, I will get it by email or mail? of what I see in their website is only what I will get?

Thanks

Hello, I understand that 1NL means first notification letter, is it the one I can see once I enter my confirmation that says I'm selected?
Someone told me I will get 1NL soon, I will get it by email or mail? of what I see in their website is only what I will get?

Thanks

1NL is the letter you see on the ESC page (as a selectee). It is not sent by mail or email.

Hi all,

What is your CN? Is it high or low. If i say something about Turkey there are many high numbers. 40.000 , 50.000 even 55.000. My number is 49.XXX. How is it your country’s?

I can't believe it. I won the DV lottery in 2012, and my dad just won DV 2020. His case # is EU41xxx.
All we need is to have my brother to win it next :)
It seems pretty high, but I have high hopes.

Hi, I have a quick question. My dad will follow the CP route, does his case number need to be become current in the bulletin or the timing may be different?

Quick question on the education section of the DS260:

I have a completed post-bachelor/advanced degree (graduate certificate), however my Bachelor is incomplete. I was able to gain admission to my Advanced Degree based on completed units from my Bachelor, a handful of units I completed elsewhere, plus a wealth of work experience.

1) When I'm filling out my education background, should I include my incomplete Bachelor (I could only provide my transcripts as I have no completion certificate)?
2) If yes, what should I put as Degree, Diploma or Certificate Received? Usually I would put something like 'Bachelor - Incomplete' would this suffice?

Hello everyone. for my part, it is my spouse who has ganged the dv 2020. num 2020AF19xxxx. but after playing the lotto we discovered that we were pregnant. I have to give birth soon. we are planning to have a wedding by the time the baby arrives. my concern is this
- the new will also have the visa
- I have a child with another before meeting my spouse. will my child also have the visa with us? since we all live together and we intend to integrate it in the rest of the process. thank you