• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I understand, but I actually selected Vancouver in the DS-260 that's why I'm asking if it was possible that I could do that, problem is that now it won't let me change it.

I have a High School Diploma and several work experiences, some of them required training, some of them didn't but I was promoted so again, I'm not quite sure if I should check the "...2 years of training required..." checkbox or not.
I want to be 1000% honest and at the same time write as many informations possible.

1. Yes it’s possible to select any US embassy in the country because the DS 260 form is used for several types of immigrant petitions/applications. However for DV purpose, interview location is typically restricted to just one embassy in the country. So in your, regardless of which embassy in Canada you selected, your interview will be scheduled in Montreal. Once interview location is selected, that section gets locked up, you can no longer change it from your end but KCC knows what to do.

2. Ticking the box or not ticking it is not going to play any role in your processing - so use your best judgment on what to do.

1)Can I print the DS260 for sample answers?
2)is there any payments for ds260?
3)

Last edited:
1)Can I print the DS260 for sample answers?
2)is there any payments for ds260?
3)

1. Do you mean download the entire form and print? Answer is no. You can however take screen shots of each page and print - waste of time and resources IMO.
2. No payment required to submit the DS260.

Please make sure you fully read your 1NL, click on the link(s) on the letter and other links following it - not doing so will cause you to miss obvious answers to most questions and subsequently create issues for you in the long run.

Hello everyone!
Congratulations to all the winners. Is there anyone from Srilanka here?
if so please let me know. we can help each other during this long process.

Best Regards

Hello everybody! new member here!
After many years I was finally selected for the DV2020 CN 2020EU6XXX, I'm Italian, currently living in Canada.
What do you people think about my number? low/high?

Has someone had the interview in Canada before by any chance?

Question about the interview location.
This is what I see on my DS-260:
"Based on your country of residence at the time you submitted your DV lottery entry, your interview will be scheduled at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Montréal, CANADA etc..."
Since I live in Vancouver I could choose it as the location for my interview instead of Montréal. So I submitted the form but I ask the KCC to unlock it as I need to edit a few things.
I then heard """"rumors""" about the U.S. Consulate in Vancouver not doing interviews for the DV lottery, but how could it be? if it was like that they would have take Vancouver off the list right?
Hey there, I'm in Canada as well and I have been selected for 2020. I live in Toronto so ideally I get my interview here but it looks like there is no other choices as I tried to change the city but I didn't find anything except Montreal.
It is easier for me as I'm closer to Montreal than you are but I think it is still fine for you, it is an interview for something important so it is worth it to take 2 days off and go for the interview
Since you have a relatively low number you should expect an interview somewhere end of this year or beginning of the next year so you have plenty of time to plan for your travel to Montreal. Good luck and wish you all the best!!!

@destiny007 i am not from Sri Lanka, but I was in contact last DV year with a winner from there. Be advised that Colombo seems to be one of the few consulates that insists on an I134, affidavit of support for DV. Do you have someone in the US that might be willing to complete one for you?

I can't believe it. I won the DV lottery in 2012, and my dad just won DV 2020. His case # is EU41xxx.
All we need is to have my brother to win it next :)
It seems pretty high, but I have high hopes.

Howdy! I hope all's well :)

This is my first time getting selected, I'm EU 35xxx, so it's pretty high but from reading previous replies. The norm this year?

Could somebody kindly guide me towards the next steps please? Is it necessary to submit the DS-260 ASAP or can I just submit it once my number is within bulletin report range?

Looking forward to your reply! Thank you kindly.

Awesome, thank you so much! :)

So for now the most I can do is gather my documents and wait until a relevant VB hits (if ever) right? No documents to submit or anything else I can really do meanwhile to help my chances.

Your CN is slightly on the higher side, we however can’t know for certain right now how high or low it is. The CN is clearly not going to get current in 2019. On that note, I’ll say wait until January to see the VB progression before submitting your DS260 which is a must if you wish to process your DV selection when your CN becomes current.

The only thing you can do for now to help your chances is keeping reading and learning as much as you can about the process, begin to gather applicable documents, keep an eye on the VB. And let’s revisit this maybe in January.

Hello, guys!
Congratulations!

My fiancee won a DV lottery. If we gonna get married before her interview and she add me as a husband in application form, will I get the green card with her?

Hello, guys!
Congratulations!

My fiancee won a DV lottery. If we gonna get married before her interview and she add me as a husband in application form, will I get the green card with her?

Yes, if your marriage is indeed a genuine marriage and not one entered into solely for the purpose of getting a GC.

Congratulations DV2020 selectees!

This Thread has been created specifically for you all to use in sharing the good news about your selection and to potentially ask questions about what your selection means, next steps, processing, etc.

Just so you know from the get go, this is going to be a bit of a long, (possibly bump for a few) ride. Don’t rush into submitting your DS260 form until you understand or have an idea of what you’re getting into.

Seat back, fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride. Best of luck!

Hello!
My case is 2020EU51xxx. I've only just discovered this forum and submitted my DS-260 form on May 9th. I have faith in supermassive black holes. I've waited 30 years for this and I am prepared to wait for another year or two.
Good luck to all and let us be patient.
:)

Reactions: YTM
Hey guys, quick question. are the two letters in the CN (AS, AF, EU etc..) based on the country of eligibility or the "mailing address"/ "country you live in today"? a friend of mine who's a selectee has AF in his CN although he was born in the UAE (Asia), he says he doesn't remember if he chose the UAE or Sudan (his country of nationality) as the country of eligibility :/

Hey guys, quick question. are the two letters in the CN (AS, AF, EU etc..) based on the country of eligibility or the "mailing address"/ "country you live in today"? a friend of mine who's a selectee has AF in his CN although he was born in the UAE (Asia), he says he doesn't remember if he chose the UAE or Sudan (his country of nationality) as the country of eligibility :/

The region/number that is assigned is based on what someone enters at the eDV entry period. From what you say - your friend did it wrong. If he has no justification for registering as an AF country (via marriage etc), then denial is certain.

The region/number that is assigned is based on what someone enters at the eDV entry period. From what you say - your friend did it wrong. If he has no justification for registering as an AF country (via marriage etc), then denial is certain.
Welp :/ so is that grounds for disqualification? I forgot to mention that both of his parents were born in Sudan (the country he supposedly claimed chargeability to) does that change anything at all? or is claiming the parents' country of birth only an option if the person's country of birth isn't eligible for the DV program??

Welp :/ so is that grounds for disqualification? I forgot to mention that both of his parents were born in Sudan (the country he supposedly claimed chargeability to) does that change anything at all? or is claiming the parents' country of birth only an option if the person's country of birth isn't eligible for the DV program??

That is correct - not an option.

@destiny007 I am not from Sri Lanka, but I was in contact last DV year with a winner from there. Be advised that Colombo seems to be one of the few consulates that insist on an I134, affidavit of support for DV. Do you have someone in the US that might be willing to complete one for you?
@SusieQQQ Yes, I have someone in the US. I gave his address in DS260 online form during the submission. I am sure he will complete that form for me. But he is currently sponsoring someone.. so he is a bit concerned about that... But as far as I know, we can show our bank statements to consulate officer and show him we can be self-sufficient till we get a job.

But thanks a lot for your advice, I will be ready for that too. Now I am waiting for the KCC response. my case number is AS13XXX

Plastic green card takes 1-2 months, your immigrant visa when stamped on entry becomes a temporary green card valid for one year.

The “real” address just means a street address. Most people use friends or family.
Awesome, thanks.
1 Is the process automatic/ fairly automatic in that once you arrive it is sent out to you straight away or are there other steps you need to take? I'm thinking mostly if I can't move over immediately and need to return, the GC will be sitting at the address I've given until I eventually return.

1. You can submit the DS260 form now or wait until you return from your trip in July. There are several selectees who have successfully visited the US after submitting the form while waiting to become current.
Amazing, thanks.
2 Does the submission of your DS260 have any effect on your ability to travel as a tourist? I'm thinking if there's a chance travelling as a tourist will impact GC chances I'd be better off waiting until I return.