• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

How comes when I see last years results cut offs go EU21XXX May, EU26XXX- June, and then out of a sudden in August it becomes EU8000.
I am starting getting worried. Yet there`s this info that u can only check bulletin until September? I hope it`s September next year?

How comes when I see last years results cut offs go EU21XXX May, EU26XXX- June, and then out of a sudden in August it becomes EU8000.
I am starting getting worried. Yet there`s this info that u can only check bulletin until September? I hope it`s September next year?

August is the start of the new year, so numbers reset.

Is an EU305XX Case number really considered very high? In the past 13 years there has only been one year where a 30XXX case number didn’t became current, which was in 2018. I really want to think positive but reading all of these reports makes me so unsure about it. I can’t wait to see the total numbers of selectees.

Its possibly high. In a couple of months we will know more.

August is the start of the new year, so numbers reset.

One more question for clarification: I checked the table you provided on your website and every year selectees have the opportunity to get an interview appointment from October to September, right?

Also, will you analyze this years chances after the total number of selectees per region get announced? I found that article extremely helpful (DV2018 Selectee numbers published).

One more question for clarification: I checked the table you provided on your website and every year selectees have the opportunity to get an interview appointment from October to September, right?

Also, will you analyze this years chances after the total number of selectees per region get announced? I found that article extremely helpful (DV2018 Selectee numbers published).

1. Yes October to September only.

2. We will see...

Historically it’s always been fine.
SusieQQQ, just my curiosity, for example, my CN: 2020AS27xxx is a very high number, but based on the spreadsheet provided, everyone got call for an interview from 2016-2018 despite the high numbers. That means (1) I could have a chance to be interviewed in Aug. & Sep. 2020, and (2) if it goes current that means I should start submitting DS260 right? since submitting too early for high numbers = immigrant intent.

There are some in turkey as i saw from some local forums but not so much. My case number is also 49XXX. There are also many numbers above 50.000
In Ukraine, numbers go to CN18ххх. This country received approximately 1,700 visas. Now this country comes to a quota of 3500.
This means the pass number for Europe will decrease. It will not reach 40150.

Is an EU305XX Case number really considered very high? In the past 13 years there has only been one year where a 30XXX case number didn’t became current, which was in 2018. I really want to think positive but reading all of these reports makes me so unsure about it. I can’t wait to see the total numbers of selectees.
I think this number is safe.

In Ukraine, numbers go to CN18ххх. This country received approximately 1,700 visas. Now this country comes to a quota of 3500.
This means the pass number for Europe will decrease. It will not reach 40150.
What do you mean exactly?

Hi, I have a fairly low case number: OC3xx. Is it worth still waiting to submit the DS260? I also have a vacation planned for July where I will be spending two weeks in the US; my Visa Waiver is still valid - do I need to wait until I return to submit my DS260 or does it not matter? Similarly, after submitting the DS260 and waiting for the interview, is one allowed to vacation to the US on an Visa Waiver?

As I understand it, after the interview, you have a 6 month (or less) validity to enter the US. Do you have to actually move over there within 6 months or can you enter, do what you need to do and then return at a later date after getting your life back home in order?

How long after your first entry into the US will you receive your GC?

Lastly, in regards to the DS260:

at some point you will need a real address, and that’s BEFORE you enter the US as they need to know where to send the GC

How, exactly, does one go about doing this? Even at the interview there is no guarantee of successful visa, so how do you actually get a 'real' address that your GC can be sent to before you even have a visa?
Sure, changing your address at the interview means you can submit the DS260 now, but does that mean i have to start renting a place at some point before the interview in the hope that I get approved? And if I do get approved, keep renting it until I actually eventually move over..?

Last edited:
Hello everybody! new member here!
After many years I was finally selected for the DV2020 CN 2020EU6XXX, I'm Italian, currently living in Canada.
What do you people think about my number? low/high?

Has someone had the interview in Canada before by any chance?

Question about the interview location.
This is what I see on my DS-260:
"Based on your country of residence at the time you submitted your DV lottery entry, your interview will be scheduled at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Montréal, CANADA etc..."
Since I live in Vancouver I could choose it as the location for my interview instead of Montréal. So I submitted the form but I ask the KCC to unlock it as I need to edit a few things.
I then heard """"rumors""" about the U.S. Consulate in Vancouver not doing interviews for the DV lottery, but how could it be? if it was like that they would have take Vancouver off the list right?

Few more maybe-problematic questions:
- At the moment of my Green Card application for the DV2020 Lottery in October 2018 I filled in the application as a Legally Separated, which I still am. I filed for divorce many years ago and as of the Italian Law I'm now officially separated (I have the official documents for the separation).
On the DS-260 I had to put my ex wife informations under the tab "Current Spouse", is it maybe because not being officially divorced means that I'm still married?
Since we have been separated for many years now, I obviously choose the option that she will not join me in the USA immediately or later on and it did not prompt me to imput any further informations about her, so I guess I'm doing this correctly?

- As for the work experiences: in a few occasions I did not need a 2 years training for the job I landed but I was promoted within the company from a normal to a better (and skilled) position after some time.
In order to provide as many informations as possible, on my DS-260 should I check the "this experience required 2 years of training?" checkbox and explain all of my duties for that work experience, even if that specific job did not require that from me?

Oh my god I wrote too much, sorry people :(
Thank you all!!

Hi, I have a fairly low case number: OC3xx. Is it worth still waiting to submit the DS260? I also have a vacation planned for July where I will be spending two weeks in the US; my Visa Waiver is still valid - do I need to wait until I return to submit my DS260 or does it not matter? Similarly, after submitting the DS260 and waiting for the interview, is one allowed to vacation to the US on an Visa Waiver?

As I understand it, after the interview, you have a 6 month (or less) validity to enter the US. Do you have to actually move over there within 6 months or can you enter, do what you need to do and then return at a later date after getting your life back home in order?

How, exactly, does one go about doing this? Even at the interview there is no guarantee of successful visa, so how do you actually get a 'real' address that your GC can be sent to before you even have a visa?
Sure, changing your address at the interview means you can submit the DS260 now, but does that mean i have to start renting a place at some point before the interview in the hope that I get approved? And if I do get approved, keep renting it until I actually eventually move over..?

Yes, many people “activate” their visas, go back to sort stuff out and then move permanently. Ideally within 6 months (especially if you want to naturalize as soon as practicable) but no longer than a year. Plastic green card takes 1-2 months, your immigrant visa when stamped on entry becomes a temporary green card valid for one year.

The “real” address just means a street address. Most people use friends or family.

Hello everybody! new member here!
After many years I was finally selected for the DV2020 CN 2020EU6XXX, I'm Italian, currently living in Canada.
What do you people think about my number? low/high?

Has someone had the interview in Canada before by any chance?

Question about the interview location.
This is what I see on my DS-260:
"Based on your country of residence at the time you submitted your DV lottery entry, your interview will be scheduled at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Montréal, CANADA etc..."
Since I live in Vancouver I could choose it as the location for my interview instead of Montréal. So I submitted the form but I ask the KCC to unlock it as I need to edit a few things.
I then heard """"rumors""" about the U.S. Consulate in Vancouver not doing interviews for the DV lottery, but how could it be? if it was like that they would have take Vancouver off the list right?

Few more maybe-problematic questions:
- At the moment of my Green Card application for the DV2020 Lottery in October 2018 I filled in the application as a Legally Separated, which I still am. I filed for divorce many years ago and as of the Italian Law I'm now officially separated (I have the official documents for the separation).
On the DS-260 I had to put my ex wife informations under the tab "Current Spouse", is it maybe because not being officially divorced means that I'm still married?
Since we have been separated for many years now, I obviously choose the option that she will not join me in the USA immediately or later on and it did not prompt me to imput any further informations about her, so I guess I'm doing this correctly?

- As for the work experiences: in a few occasions I did not need a 2 years training for the job I landed but I was promoted within the company from a normal to a better (and skilled) position after some time.
In order to provide as many informations as possible, on my DS-260 should I check the "this experience required 2 years of training?" checkbox and explain all of my duties for that work experience, even if that specific job did not require that from me?

Oh my god I wrote too much, sorry people :(
Thank you all!!
You can’t choose Vancouver, only Montreal does immigrant visas. (Each country only has one US embassy or consulate that deals with immigrant visas.) not sure why the form lets you select Vancouver, I’m guessing they just use the same list for all visa types regardless of what is applicable to each, but you won’t interview there. (This is a regular type of question we see here...)

Yes, not being divorced means you are still legally married....

Answer the DS260 fully, regardless you plan to use education or work experience to qualify.

You can’t choose Vancouver, only Montreal does immigrant visas. (Each country only has one US embassy or consulate that deals with immigrant visas.)

Yes, not being divorced means you are still legally married....

Answer the DS260 fully, regardless you plan to use education or work experience to qualify.

I understand, but I actually selected Vancouver in the DS-260 that's why I'm asking if it was possible that I could do that, problem is that now it won't let me change it.

I have a High School Diploma and several work experiences, some of them required training, some of them didn't but I was promoted so again, I'm not quite sure if I should check the "...2 years of training required..." checkbox or not.
I want to be 1000% honest and at the same time write as many informations possible.

1. You can submit the DS260 form now or wait until you return from your trip in July. There are several selectees who have successfully visited the US after submitting the form while waiting to become current.
2. Susie already answered this.
3. Could be between one to four months.
4. You’re not expected to rent a place in advance of being issued with the visa. As a matter of fact, one is not expected to make plans with financial commitment until one gets their passport back with the visa in it. So the address can be that of a friend or family member.

p.s. make it easier for us to help you by numbering your questions if putting multiple ones in a single post.