• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Long time no see... CONGRATS to the new DV2020 winners!!!
Quick question: when trying to access DS260 form, anyone knows what the new "Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number" is and where to find it? I don't recall to have seen this box in the previous DV...

DO NOT SUBMIT your DS260 yet.

There is no need to rush, and your number means you will either wait at least a year, or possibly never get a chance of an interview. There is plenty of time to figure out what the high case numbers mean. As for the other questions there is plenty of time for that as well.

Hi Simon: is there any bad side effect of submitting DS-260 with high number as EU497XX? What worse could happen if I submit DS-260? Thx!

I'm in the same situation, my number is AS15xxx and hoping it will get current around Aug/2020, but my F1 VISA stamp has a expire date on June/2020. I'm planing to graduate on May/2020 and apply for OPT right away. So, do you think I'm eligible for AoS? BTW, I haven't submit the DS260 yet since I have a very high number.

There’s a 2020 AOS Thread set aside in the forum for selectees processing AOS - please post on it. Discussing AOS process on this thread will be confusing for non AOSers.

Hi Simon: is there any bad side effect of submitting DS-260 with high number as EU497XX? What worse could happen if I submit DS-260? Thx!

Submitting a DS260 form signifies an immigrant intent which will impact your ability to get a NIV in the future if your CN does not become current - basically saying a demonstrated immigrant intent can impact your being admitted into the US as as non immigrant in the future.

HI mom,
Sorry about previous post, Anyway, I have another quick question. So, me and my wife both got selected but both of us have relatively high CN (AS15xxx and AS16xxx). When we enter the eDV we both include spouse information in both applications. So, I'm thinking to go with the lower CN number application(me as the main applicant and wife as the spouse). But since we both have CNs , do we need to apply individually?( I mean fill the DS 260 with our own CN number? rather use one CN number for both of us)

We know for sure who is eligible to have a waiver filed and who isn’t. Are you thinking he may have an eligible parent that we don’t know about? (he obviously doesn’t have a qualifying spouse). (Unless you are suggesting that an attorney might be found to challenge the basis of the existing law, but that would likely take both more budget than an asylee would have and more time than DV would allow for.)

Of course, we are all assuming he is principal. If in fact his wife is principal she can go ahead and adjust without him, and then she can file the hardship waiver for him once she has a green card.
to say you know for sure, that is just plain arrogance. did you know his whole story? are you sure 100% that every possible case that appears to be ineligible will not have a work around? yea mom and simon are experienced but my only suggestion is for him to explore more. if it doesn’t seem to your liking, that is on you.

to say you know for sure, that is just plain arrogance. did you know his whole story? are you sure 100% that every possible case that appears to be ineligible will not have a work around? yea mom and simon are experienced but my only suggestion is for him to explore more. if it doesn’t seem to your liking, that is on you.
Lol, I asked if you knew of a parent hiding, so no clearly i don’t know his whole story.

I do now understand a bit better why some lawyers get rich from no-hoper cases though. Thanks for helping with that ;)

HI mom,
Sorry about previous post, Anyway, I have another quick question. So, me and my wife both got selected but both of us have relatively high CN (AS15xxx and AS16xxx). When we enter the eDV we both include spouse information in both applications. So, I'm thinking to go with the lower CN number application(me as the main applicant and wife as the spouse). But since we both have CNs , do we need to apply individually?( I mean fill the DS 260 with our own CN number? rather use one CN number for both of us)

Submit the DS260 with the lower CN, list the spouse as a derivative, using the same CN. No need to individually apply if the selected with the lower CN meets all the requirements.

Lol, I asked if you knew of a parent hiding, so no clearly i don’t know his whole story.

I do now understand a bit better why some lawyers get rich from no-hoper cases though. Thanks for helping with that ;)
it’s easy to dismiss the case with no chance, no hope when it’s not yours. if you were in his situation, would you just sit tight taking words of others doing nothing else? i have no doubt those two are experienced but my point is attorneys may have work around. one must be so naive to interpret my intention was to get the lawyers richer.

it’s easy to dismiss the case with no chance, no hope when it’s not yours. if you were in his situation, would you just sit tight taking words of others doing nothing else? i have no doubt those two are experienced but my point is attorneys may have work around. one must be so naive to interpret my intention was to get the lawyers richer.

He has an asylum case pending. It’s not as if he has no other option. If I were him, I would read the details, especially the bits mom kindly bolded about eligibility, and think .... I’m glad I had another avenue to a green card.

I mean you understand about eligibility, right? Would you suggest a green card holder hire a lawyer to see if they can sponsor a parent or married child for a green card even though the law says only USCs can do that? Same idea. I’m sure you’ll find a lawyer somewhere who will take money to try something they know won’t succeed.

He has an asylum case pending. It’s not as if he has no other option. If I were him, I would read the details, especially the bits mom kindly bolded about eligibility, and think .... I’m glad I had another avenue to a green card.

I mean you understand about eligibility, right? Would you suggest a green card holder hire a lawyer to see if they can sponsor a parent or married child for a green card even though the law says only USCs can do that? Same idea. I’m sure you’ll find a lawyer somewhere who will take money to try something they know won’t succeed.
to answer your questions about eligibility, i would ask you back whether you know they are workarounds in the world of lawyers, too? susie, there is no point to argue about this. i did agree with mom that on paper, he was not eligible, otherwise i wouldn’t have mentioned “workarounds, if any” not that i suggest him to blindly pay those attorneys but let him explore while he can. yes, plenty of lazy attorneys only there to take money, but not all of them are. i believe that the OP will take all he knows, then reflects and acts on wisely; that is, to know how to pursue or not to pursue his case.

Howdy! I hope all's well :)

This is my first time getting selected, I'm EU 35xxx, so it's pretty high but from reading previous replies. The norm this year?

Could somebody kindly guide me towards the next steps please? Is it necessary to submit the DS-260 ASAP or can I just submit it once my number is within bulletin report range?

Looking forward to your reply! Thank you kindly.

to answer your questions about eligibility, i would ask you back whether you know they are workarounds in the world of lawyers, too? susie, there is no point to argue about this. i did agree with mom that on paper, he was not eligible, otherwise i wouldn’t have mentioned “workarounds, if any” not that i suggest him to blindly pay those attorneys but let him explore while he can. yes, plenty of lazy attorneys only there to take money, but not all of them are. i believe that the OP will take all he knows, then reflects and acts on wisely; that is, to know how to pursue or not to pursue his case.

You're right. there is no point arguing. I've read enough immigration cases to know how sticky they are on eligibility issues. If it was just a case of proving hardship (or arguing that you didn't abandon residence after being out the US longer than a year on a green card, etc), that is the kind of thing lawyers work around. You are actually suggesting they need to challenge the very basis of the law - who can do what - big budget and more time than they will have under DV - and you are more than welcome to go read all the case law of precedent trying to change who may do what under immigration law. Be interested to find how often you see any changes in who is eligible for what. I too hope OP chooses wisely and doesn't waste money.

Dear SM1smom
I'm currently in the USA as F2 dependent visa and I have been selected for the 2020 lottery. I applied for asylum back in 2018 and I was denied back in Jan 2019 without the ability to appeal the decision since My wife is still Pursuing here degree ( we still currently in status). I plan to adjust my status since I can't go back to my home country. My concern is whether I'm still eligible for AOS or not since I received EAD ( work authorization) through asylum and I have used it to work, would that affect my eligibility. Also what going to be my next step. I really Many thanks.

Hi all,

I also got selected. Unfortunately, my case number is pretty high: EU000305XX. Checking last years results scared me a little bit as well as the slow development of this years Visa Bulletin. I really, really hope that it‘ll work out for me. Maybe a few of you can share their experiences with me. Is my case number considered as a high one? And is there and explanation/theory for the „overselection“ this year?

It’s gonna be a long and hard wait but I‘m looking forward to having a few companions on my journey now. :)

Also, I have a question regarding the VB: what‘s the meaning of the term „current“ in that context?

You're right. there is no point arguing. I've read enough immigration cases to know how sticky they are on eligibility issues. If it was just a case of proving hardship (or arguing that you didn't abandon residence after being out the US longer than a year on a green card, etc), that is the kind of thing lawyers work around. You are actually suggesting they need to challenge the very basis of the law - who can do what - big budget and more time than they will have under DV - and you are more than welcome to go read all the case law of precedent trying to change who may do what under immigration law. Be interested to find how often you see any changes in who is eligible for what. I too hope OP chooses wisely and doesn't waste money.
i am not asking the OP or his lawyers to change the law and yes lots of people challenge the law because law is not just black and white but also up to interpretation, too. i didn’t want to mention that i have seen a few cases that their lawyers found workarounds even though they were not eligible to do AOS according the words of law that people read and quoted.

sorry OP but there is no hope for your case. just let it go here and now. accept it and let it go. believe susie because she knows from reading a lot of immigration cases!

1. What are my chances with a huge number like 2020EU526**? From historical data it seems that 43,050 in 2015 was the highest number from EU ever?
2. Would the fact that I'm from Moldova have any impact on getting an interview with a huge number?
3. When will the DV-2020 visa bulletin start coming out? Right now I see only the DV-2019 one (unless I'm looking in the wrong spot)
4. Essentially I am looking for a number on the bulletin that will be above my number, right? SO: if my number is 526**, I am looking for 52700 on the bulletin?
5. Should I complete & submit the DS-260 form now? Or should I just wait it out and see if my number will ever be reached on the bulletin? Is there any harm or benefit to submitting DS-260 early?

Thank you so much in advance. I know this is a lot of questions, and I appreciate any input.

Hi all, I got selected and working on DS-260
Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to provide as a permanent address to get the green card? I don't know anybody in the USA and I have no address there. The fact that I don't put any address can disqualify me?

Thanks

Howdy! I hope all's well :)

This is my first time getting selected, I'm EU 35xxx, so it's pretty high but from reading previous replies. The norm this year?

Could somebody kindly guide me towards the next steps please? Is it necessary to submit the DS-260 ASAP or can I just submit it once my number is within bulletin report range?

Looking forward to your reply! Thank you kindly.

Read up as much as you can and try to understand the process and start gathering your applicable documents before submitting your DS260 form. Your CN will not become current in 2019, you don’t get any advantage with a super early submission. You may want to want until around January to see the VB progression before submitting your DS260.

What are the documents that I need to provide? I will know it at the end of the DS-260 application ?