• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I thought this has been discussed endlessly already. It is a presidential proclamation, it is not a law established by Congress. A new president can just rescind it. Obviously if there is no PP there is no court case left.
Ohk ohk. Thanks

Wrong assumption. The Department of Justice is supposed to be independent, and to work without fear or favor. It has not been entirely so under Trump, and Biden has committed to re-establishing that independence.

“We need to restore the honor, the integrity, the independence of the DOJ of this nation that has been so badly damaged,” Biden said.
“I want to be clear to those who lead this department who you will serve: You won’t work for me. You are not the president’s or the vice president’s lawyer. Your loyalty is not to me,” he added. “It’s to the law, the Constitution, the people of this nation.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/07/bid...ck-merrick-garland-vows-doj-independence.html

if the government has no interest in something, particularly an EO that will take a stroke of the pen to reverse, that is a rather more obvious solution than trying to influence the DoJ to work to political ends.
Thank you very much. I think Biden will bring sanity to the USA again. But how will our chances of receiving the 9095 reserved visas be like if the pp10014 is no more. Some of us are just stranded not knowing to start some further studies and in the middle of it,you are called for an interview.

Thank you very much. I think Biden will bring sanity to the USA again. But how will our chances of receiving the 9095 reserved visas be like if the pp10014 is no more. Some of us are just stranded not knowing to start some further studies and in the middle of it,you are called for an interview.
The 9,095 DV visas will be added to the number of DV visas already issued by the State Department for FY 2020, but it is uncertain how these DV visas will be allocated until a final judgement is rendered.

The final judgment about the reserved 9,095 will be upto Judge Mehta

The 9,095 DV visas will be added to the number of DV visas already issued by the State Department for FY 2020, but it is uncertain how these DV visas will be allocated until a final judgement is rendered.

The final judgment about the reserved 9,095 will be upto Judge Mehta

Let's be clear though. The removal of PP10014 (if that happens), is automatically good for DV2020 with issued visas, and of course DV2021 cases, BUT it does NOT mean that the Gomez class (non issued DV2020 cases) has automatically won. It does not mean the 9095 will be issued. Judge Mehta preserved those visas while it was later argued and decided whether he has the power to order the issuance of those visas after the end of the fiscal year.

Let's be clear though. The removal of PP10014 (if that happens), is automatically good for DV2020 with issued visas, and of course DV2021 cases, BUT it does NOT mean that the Gomez class (non issued DV2020 cases) has automatically won. It does not mean the 9095 will be issued. Judge Mehta preserved those visas while it was later argued and decided whether he has the power to order the issuance of those visas after the end of the fiscal year.

So what is going to happen in your opinion?

So what is going to happen in your opinion?
He has a bunch Q&A videos on YouTube if you need more information

I do have numerous videos and articles where I discuss this topic. It's difficult to predict because clearly Biden will have to juggle between what is right for immigration unfairness caused by the Trump idiots, versus safety for the American public. I lean toward a guess that he will rescind PP10014 (as I explained here) but since I wrote that article new strains of the virus have started to impact around the world, so Biden will have to weigh those factors. I would not expect all EOs to be removed on day 1 - but we can expect a busy 10 - 14 days after the inauguration.

Hopefully, PP10015 will be part of the EOs to be signed in the first weeks....... hopefully..... fingers crossed ⚔️.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210117-214039.png
    Screenshot_20210117-214039.png
    381.9 KB · Views: 54
This is going to be one of the longest weeks ever in our lives ......fingers crossed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210117-214315.png
    Screenshot_20210117-214315.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 68
Hopefully, PP10015 will be part of the EOs to be signed in the first weeks....... hopefully..... fingers crossed ⚔️.
Read the memo of Ronald Klain, there is nothing about the removing the proclamation 10014. But there is a hope, even the Biden would remove the Muslim ban , if the 10014 proclamation will exist further, no one can travel @Britsimon

Lets see what Bidens administration has to say about that

Well first of all, why would Mr. Trump cancel this Schengen PP at the last hour when he knows there are different and more dangerous variants of the covid-19 virus in UK and Brazil especially. Was his Schengen area PP and infact many of his PPs just malicious and intentional to cause many people absolute pain?

Biden's team has already replied they will not life the Schengen Area PP on January 26th. However, I am tempted to believe, Biden and his team will put into place such things as demanding negative covid-19 testing on arrival and possibly qurantine to allow international travel again.

Our hope is now on Biden.....

Way too soon to rejoice over the new order Trump signed announcing the lifting of entry restrictions which he placed in the first place. As of now, there's no guarantee this will come into effect. IMO, Trump is removing the entry ban from European countries to spite the incoming administration and scuttle the efforts at bringing COVID-19 under control - something he wasn't capable of doing during his term. Biden's spokesperson has come out to say he will rightfully block this:
Biden to block Trump's plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions

Well first of all, why would Mr. Trump cancel this Schengen PP at the last hour when he knows there are different and more dangerous variants of the covid-19 virus in UK and Brazil especially. Was his Schengen area PP and infact many of his PPs just malicious and intentional to cause many people absolute pain?

Biden's team has already replied they will not life the Schengen Area PP on January 26th. However, I am tempted to believe, Biden and his team will put into place such things as demanding negative covid-19 testing on arrival and possibly qurantine to allow international travel again.

Our hope is now on Biden.....

My thinking is "Let's not get too excited and see what happens "

Biden administration blocked this plan to remove the Schengen type bans. They need to implement their own controls before removing the ban - and people should be expecting perhaps more restrictions.