• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

hello guys
I am DV2020 winner and i had my interview last week , today i received my passport and immigrant sealed packet,, if i want to travel to us within 2-3 months from now when i should pay fees for the green card?
Thank you.

hello guys
I am DV2020 winner and i had my interview last week , today i received my passport and immigrant sealed packet,, if i want to travel to us within 2-3 months from now when i should pay fees for the green card?
Thank you.

Anytime before you travel, makes no difference if now or just before you go.

Reactions: M.s
Hello guys I have my interview in January.
I have registered carrier drop off location.
So I made a mistake by the time I was filling the registration in place of writing my given name as john bolton, I wrote only John.
So what shall I do if I want to change my name error I have to cancel my appointment and I don't want do that since it delays my case.
Or shall I take this latter as it in my interview date since this latter is for the DHL location that I choose and name doesn't matter in my opinion,because they will only ask if I register carrier drop off location if and only if I pass the interview and I prepare my hole documents I have this issue only.
But who know I would appreciate if you help me
Thank you guys.

We made a similar mistake -- mistyped last and first names for my husband (put his last name instead of the first one) apparently it was a mistake, cancelling it could've cancelled our interview. We called the support of that mailing service of the consulate -- and they were able to change it without the interview cancellation.

Thank you so should I contact the support of that mailing service of the consulate.

I would've. But also, please don't take my advice as an obligation. We, personally, didn't want to have any hassle or get disqualified (who knows) based on some stupid typo-mistake though it wasn't critical, but I'm not saying that you have to have it corrected or there will be any trouble if you don't notify them. I would imagine since there are many Johns living in your city, they might need your surname when you go there to pick your passport up. I can't predict the outcome, right lol

Try to call and see what they can do, and if they can correct it, and go from there.

You can't.
Lol, I hope I didn't mess it up. I am pretty sure I entered all the dependents.

This is from their official site:
Prior to your visa interview, we recommend that you review the data on your initial E-DV entry. On your initial E-DV application, you must have correctly entered your marital status. If you are legally married you must have listed your spouse, even if you are currently separated from him/her (unless your spouse is a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident).

Additionally, you must have listed ALL of your living children who are unmarried and under 21 years old. This includes your natural children, your spouse’s children, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country.

Lol, I hope I didn't mess it up. I am pretty sure I entered all the dependents.

This is from their official site:
Prior to your visa interview, we recommend that you review the data on your initial E-DV entry. On your initial E-DV application, you must have correctly entered your marital status. If you are legally married you must have listed your spouse, even if you are currently separated from him/her (unless your spouse is a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident).

Additionally, you must have listed ALL of your living children who are unmarried and under 21 years old. This includes your natural children, your spouse’s children, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country.
Well, you'll find out for sure when your interview letter arrives.

1. Patience
2. Patience
3. Patience

And follow instructions there is quite a big team in here waiting to help you
i can personally attest to the big team here. i was a DV 2019 winner and by chance i got to know about the forum and i followed the instructions the experienced ones gave and although i had some complications with my DOB everything went smoothly lol. its been 2 months and some days since i landed in U.S lol. i will recommend the selectees to have patience, follow instructions and ask more questions and they ll have a success story like mine lol. God bless you @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ

i can personally attest to the big team here. i was a DV 2019 winner and by chance i got to know about the forum and i followed the instructions the experienced ones gave and although i had some complications with my DOB everything went smoothly lol. its been 2 months and some days since i landed in U.S lol. i will recommend the selectees to have patience, follow instructions and ask more questions and they ll have a success story like mine lol. God bless you @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ
Nice to hear from you again. Hope all is going well in the US!

Hello guys
1- When i go to the U.S.A do i have to go directly to the address that i have entered in my ds-260 ? Can i go to some other address before?
2- Do i have to be present at the same address that i gave to receive the green card?

Thank you

Hello guys
1- When i go to the U.S.A do i have to go directly to the address that i have entered in my ds-260 ? Can i go to some other address before?
2- Do i have to be present at the same address that i gave to receive the green card?

Thank you

1. No, you can go anywhere you want.
2. No, they were supposed to start requiring signatures for green card delivery but as far as i know that’s not happening yet. Obviously you trust the person whose address it is to get the card to you/keep it for you! You can also change the address you want the card sent to when you enter the US, by telling the CBP officer who processes your immigrant visa.

Reactions: M.s
Hello friends. I have a question: I have realised that the airport of my last destination is not the first port of entry.

1. I will have to deliver the package and finish immigration issues at the first POE or at the port of destination?

2. If it is the first POE how many hours/minutes this process can take so that I don't miss my domestic flight?
(The first POE is Chicago)