• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I must confess this forum with the kind of FREE information there is on here is GOLDEN and as you all deserve a big commendation.

So I'm not a DV winner myself but a friend is. She was approved yesterday at the Accra Embassy and every single information with regards to the process i fetched here for her and we are grateful to you all for that.

Now to my question:
Is your visa status immediately available after the interview or you need to wait for a number of days before you can access your visa status on the CEAC website??

I ask because we've tried to access her IV status or track her passport yesterday and the feedback we get is

1. Invalid Visa Case number and
2. For the passport tracking it says; there is no status update available for the passport number submitted.

Is there anything we are doing wrong??

Please help
DV2020 cases are not currently available in CEAC, they will not be there until sometimes in January 2020.

In addition to what mom says, it takes a few days to a couple of weeks for visas to be processed/tracking info available.

In addition to what mom says, it takes a few days to a couple of weeks for visas to be processed/tracking info available.

Thank you so much @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ for you response.

So in essence, there's no way she can track her status/application but wait till DHL (got her to create and update a profile on ustraveldocs.com/gh) contacts her to pick up her package.
Correct??

Hello i did my interview in Accra and i was approved yesterday. Just today dhl contacted me that my passport is ready for pick up . Isn’t it too early

Reactions: WBA
I just watched Simon's new video on current DV status and predictions, and there's one thing I don't understand - in the video Simon said that given the recent KCC email to everyone there is some chance that EU will not go current and will have a cutoff number, but Asia and Africa are not at risk. From my understanding, visas are not allocated per region, meaning that theoretically all available visas can be depleted by EU (or 30,000 of them, as the number of EU selectees)... What I don't understand is how does that not affect other regions (namely AS and AF)? If EU would not go current then it's gonna be bad for everyone as it means their response\approval rate was very high and there are less visas available... How can KCC make a region go current (say, AS) if another region (say, EU) is not going to be current? How do they know they have enough visas available?
Hi, would you please attach the link to that video? :) Thanks in advance

Hi …CEAC is working these days or not? I am DV2020 winner ,i entered my case number correctly without zeroes and (invalid immigrant visa case number ) is shown..thank you

Hi …CEAC is working these days or not? I am DV2020 winner ,i entered my case number correctly without zeroes and (invalid immigrant visa case number ) is shown..thank you
DV case numbers only get loaded onto ceac in January.

Reactions: M.s
I've been having a huge doubt. At the interview, according to the lady from my checkpoint 2 of 3 (3rd one was the CO), there was "a problem" because I haven't listed my ex wife (legally separated) in my interview appointment. I gave them the original courthouse sentence and she didn't know what to do or say, she just asked to her coworkers, came back, gave me the invoice to pay and she didn't say a word about that "problem".

At the last checkpoint the CO approved my visa and here goes my doubt: even after the CO says "approved" there might be a chance for them to review my documents and come up with the conclusion to not approve my visa? therefore I will be only receiving my passport with no other documents?

@SusieQQQ , the CO said I would be receiving my passport in 10 days, if that happens (some people I know got it in one week), what's the use of the CEAC website if I can't check my status until January? Sorry I'm confused lol

I've been having a huge doubt. At the interview, according to the lady from my checkpoint 2 of 3 (3rd one was the CO), there was "a problem" because I haven't listed my ex wife (legally separated) in my interview appointment. I gave them the original courthouse sentence and she didn't know what to do or say, she just asked to her coworkers, came back, gave me the invoice to pay and she didn't say a word about that "problem".

At the last checkpoint the CO approved my visa and here goes my doubt: even after the CO says "approved" there might be a chance for them to review my documents and come up with the conclusion to not approve my visa? therefore I will be only receiving my passport with no other documents?

@SusieQQQ , the CO said I would be receiving my passport in 10 days, if that happens (some people I know got it in one week), what's the use of the CEAC website if I can't check my status until January? Sorry I'm confused lol

I’m sorry, I don’t know the reason they don’t load DV case numbers yet. Can’t help with that. Bear in mind that 3 months worth of DV selectees is a minuscule percentage of all the immigrant and non immigrant visas on CEAC.

Yes, there is a chance that they still deny you or put you on AP after telling you verbally that you were approved, but that’s relatively rare, and doesn’t normally happen for something that is addressed during the interview as your issue (or rather non-issue) seems to have been. That normally happens when the background check brings up something, or they can’t validate something presented in interview yet (like having to check an education certificate from a different country). The CO is the decision maker in the chain so if s/he said it was ok after the other woman wasn’t sure, I’d think it was fine.

CEAC is where people can see the status of their applications? and since DV case numbers get loaded only starting from Jan it means even for those who got approved already (low numbers) they can not see the status of their application before Jan
Is it right?

CEAC is where people can see the status of their applications? and since DV case numbers get loaded only starting from Jan it means even for those who got approved already (low numbers) they can not see the status of their application before Jan
Is it right?
Yes, but they will still have whatever tracking their local courier company has.

Reactions: WBA