• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2019 Selectee from Tanzania

The official US embassy TZ instructions on the medical are way off in their cost estimate ! By like $400. I'm just sitting here laughing...

Right. Healthcare in the US is pricey so I'm not so surprised. I think if you had to get extra tests done, it will probably end up going that high here, too.
I had an idea the cost was going to be higher due to reading others' folks comments about the cost of their medicals around Africa. Good thing, too. I was prepared, kind of.

Right. Healthcare in the US is pricey so I'm not so surprised. I think if you had to get extra tests done, it will probably end up going that high here, too.
I had an idea the cost was going to be higher due to reading others' folks comments about the cost of their medicals around Africa. Good thing, too. I was prepared, kind of.
That’s pretty dope, buddy. Hvi procedures za CP, you just submit DS 260 and wait for the NL for ur interview, au imekaa vipi mzee??

That’s pretty dope, buddy. Hvi procedures za CP, you just submit DS 260 and wait for the NL for ur interview, au imekaa vipi mzee??

Yeah, unajaza DS260 and send it. Then make sure you have your supporting documents in place. Then you wait and wait and wait. Then you get asked to send some documents scanned to KCC. Then you wait some more and until they confirm if those are acceptable.
Then you wait for the second letter telling you when and what time you have the interview. That's when you get your police certificate renewed (if needed) and medical done.
Then interview (after much freaking out, I imagine) and hopefully approval.

It's pretty straightforward but I had no idea how the process works so I was glad to find this forum and Simon's blog. There is a lot of waiting involved in this process. I'll put my whole timeline up once I'm done with everything.

It's pretty straightforward but I had no idea how the process works so I was glad to find this forum and Simon's blog. There is a lot of waiting involved in this process. I'll put my whole timeline up once I'm done with everything.
Sawa mkuu,we would always appreciate your effort, true the whole process is test of patience I started reading Simon's blog now to understand more......

Got my new passport, finally! It's now taking longer to get them issued. Mine took two weeks from application to it being ready to be picked up. And Immigration was jam-packed at both locations in Dar.

So, I was wrong. The $660 covers all tests and jabs you may need. I needed only one so I ended up paying less. Extra costs come in if you need additional tests such as TB sputum tests, etc.

Also FYI, if you've not had chicken pox, you need to get the shot. Apparently, they're requiring it.

Oh, and for x-ray they'll send you to Agakhan but they will take you pretty quickly since you're a referral. Then you have to go back to Premier. I think I spent a total of 3 hours, give or take, including getting to and from Agakhan from Namanga.

okay do the costs include all vaccination needed too or just the tests only and how much was total?

Thank you for your time and the information.
So, I was wrong. The $660 covers all tests and jabs you may need. I needed only one so I ended up paying less. Extra costs come in if you need additional tests such as TB sputum tests, etc.

Also FYI, if you've not had chicken pox, you need to get the shot. Apparently, they're requiring it.

Oh, and for x-ray they'll send you to Agakhan but they will take you pretty quickly since you're a referral. Then you have to go back to Premier. I think I spent a total of 3 hours, give or take, including getting to and from Agakhan from Namanga.

Happy May Day! :)

Thank you for your time and the information.

Happy May Day! :)
Guys do not forget to share your interview experience, most of us we don't have an idea abt how the interview is conducted there...went through some other country dv forums they share interview experience which I think is very fruitful, we want to know the CO attitude hahahaa, jamani tunasubili tar7 but experience from you guys who made it gives us energy..

Have any Tanzanians here applied for the 2020 lottery? Tomorrow should be when they publish the results. Good luck!

yes I guess me and Tz boy did here, hope we get good news tomorrow.Thank you ! Good luck to you as well if you applied dv2020 also

Yeah it's true hopefully mida ya jioni 7:00 PM for EAT the results would be out, so let's believe this is our year, may be we can have more dv lottery winners from Tanzania, all in all am so optimistic with a lot of good news aheard..

I think tomorrow you will not have much of a chance to check. Like Simon mentioned in another thread, the server will probably crash from people all over the world trying to check their results. So wait another day and then check. I have always done this. I just put a reminder in my phone to check 2-3 days later. It's not like the results are going away! Last year, I had actually forgotten all about it and it was only as I was speaking with someone about visas that I remembered and checked. And it's almost a year later and I am still waiting a month for an interview.

Yeaah the results will always be there, even after a week still you can see the results, the main thing is to get selected first, but my self I know is a lottery 100 perc and chance is very minimal, so whatever happen I will be ready to support others on this forum..all the best..good lucky