• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 - new enrollment date Oct 18 - Nov 22 !!!

I been trying to subscribe some of my friends and relatives to the dv lottery, but the site is still down! Anyone has some intel on this issue?
Will they extend the subscription période if it takes to long?

I been trying to subscribe some of my friends and relatives to the dv lottery, but the site is still down! Anyone has some intel on this issue?

New dates for DV lottery .. October 18 to November 22

This deserves some facepalm...lol. :eek:

Interesting thing is they are still posting the same old message on their twitter responses.

YES - I noticed the exact same thing...this is what they keep responding to people as recently as 11 hrs ago - but I guess that proves that their social media team is completely separate to their actual staff in charge of GIVING that update to THEM. I'm pretty sure the State Dept will be updating the DV lottery page within the next few hours, it's early Monday morning yet in the EST time zone.

This is the typical twitter reply:
No updates at this time. We are working to bring it back up as soon as possible. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Whoever added the info on the DV lottery page today, has not communicated this to their Twitter team yet...they continue to reply to people that they still have no update for them (as recent as an hour ago). :eek::D

Entered both myself and my wife within the first half an hour of the new registration period - with no hiccups at all.
To celebrate and for the good vibes, we'll be in California on vacation in a few days. :D

Wishing everyone good luck!!!

The results announcement date is also pushed back (to May 15th I believe) as a result of this hiccup.
Are we to deduce that they are using every hour of every day until the announcement to select the candidates :D thus a few days of delay in the beginning affects the whole schedule?

The results announcement date is also pushed back (to May 15th I believe) as a result of this hiccup.
Are we to deduce that they are using every hour of every day until the announcement to select the candidates :D thus a few days of delay in the beginning affects the whole schedule?

Wasn’t there a link posted to the actual announcement here? Results 15th May but they don’t anticipate any delays in the start of the fiscal year process.

The results announcement date is also pushed back (to May 15th I believe) as a result of this hiccup. Are we to deduce that they are using every hour of every day until the announcement to select the candidates :D thus a few days of delay in the beginning affects the whole schedule?

I had been wondering that, too. It's such a long time until May 2018...why would they not stick to the beginning of May for the entrant status checks?

Funny thing is, they confuse themselves all the time. While they announced the later May date, they also mix and match the new entry period and old entrant status date, for example here:
https://twitter.com/TravelGov/status/920336106800939008
DMWvCsGWAAEbr6X.jpg:large

Wasn’t there a link posted to the actual announcement here? Results 15th May but they don’t anticipate any delays in the start of the fiscal year process.
The official instructions state:
SELECTION
23. How do I know if I am selected?
You must use your confirmation number to access the Entrant Status Check available on the E-DV website at dvlottery.state.gov starting May 15, 2018, through September 30, 2019. E

See also:
https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...rsity-visa/entry/selection-of-applicants.html

The updated notices with the FAQs about the new entry period stated what I said above:
Results 15th May but they don’t anticipate any delays in the start of the fiscal year process.
The links were posted before, I don’t have time right now to go look for them. Point taken that DoS hasn’t consistently updated everything though.