• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Kenyan Selectees

Kindly advise .i just noticed my birth certificate name is written as Ester.but all my other documents including passport says Esther.would the ommission bring any issues do i need to change my birth certificate or?help please.

Kindly advise .i just noticed my birth certificate name is written as Ester.but all my other documents including passport says Esther.would the ommission bring any issues do i need to change my birth certificate or?help please.
This is something that can be corrected. You can visit the office(I forgot which one deals with birth certs) go with your ID, passport and any document that shows the correct spelling of your name.

After how long will the green card get delivered

Depends but plan for at least 45 days, that's when you can contact USCIS if it hasn't been delivered. Back in the my day (2014), you could track when it was produced then you'd get a tracking number when they sent it. Not sure how it works now.

It can can a few weeks to 3 or 4 months. It seems to be faster when people pay the $220 fee before travelling.

The SSN is more important to start "living" in the USA. The SSN should arrive in 2 to 3 weeks IF you selected the "apply for me" option in the DS260.
I paid for it before traveling so I will just have to be patient. Its my second week here. Thanks Brit

It shouldn't be a problem.. it's more of a spelling error

Hey guys, new member here. Please help me understand a few things;
1. What is KNEC confirmation? I see that quite abit here. Isn't it enough to have your original KNEC certificate?
2. Should one send the additional documents after the ds 260 without being requested by KCC?

Thanks.

1. What is KNEC confirmation? I see that quite abit here. Isn't it enough to have your original KNEC certificate?
2. Should one send the additional documents after the ds 260 without being requested by KCC?

Thanks.

From my time 2014, KNEC had to send a confirmation of your results to the Embassy before your interview. You go to KNEC and request that and pay a fee. I went to KNEC house on Haile Selassie but i believe that has since changed. I'm not sure about sending that to KCC.

Thanks.
The embassy has to be sure that the certificate you will present at the embassy is a genuine one and the only institution that can confirm this is KNEC but you will have to wait for the 2nl first.Here is the form you will fill https://www.knec.ac.ke/2018/10/22/application-form/ you can also visit mtihani house in south c they will assist you
As for the sending of documents to kcc i believe this is @Britsimon territory

hi everybody I'm new is there anybody who has received the 2NL and his/her case number is lower than AF24000

Thanks.

Hi i wanted to ask something on the same.so which email address do we give the knec confirmation department to send to the embassy?
2.most i have the 2nl or i can choose to do it earlier
3.the confirmation is for Kcse only ?not plus kcpe?

Hi i wanted to ask something on the same.so which email address do we give the knec confirmation department to send to the embassy?
2.most i have the 2nl or i can choose to do it earlier
3.the confirmation is for Kcse only ?not plus kcpe?
1. Use the Embassy’s postal address
2. Do it early. They will send the confirmation within 10 business or working days
3. It’s for KCSE only

I used the postal address. I don't think there is a shortcut for that because you will have to pay for that service. Good luck!

Hello ,
Kindly help me understand. I have the appointment letter interview in 30 days 2019AF00014XXX. Do i have to wait for embassy to direct me to knec for certificate verification or I just go ahead (must it be verified) ?
Also i will like to know whether there is any WhatApp group for 2019 selectees