• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Kenyan Selectees

Congratulations. Whenever you are ready to travel remember IOM offers very competitive fares to first time immigrants. Ask them and compare with other airlines. If you can pay the $165 dollars to USCIS. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Been here 5 years. All the best in your preparations.

That fee is no longer $165. It is now $220.

Only vaccinations can be done elsewhere. Everything else has to be done at IOM. I did mine in 2013 so costs have changed but plan on 35-40k on medicals and for KNEC maybe a 1000bob. These are very rough estimates but Medicals are the most expensive. If you can do some shots elsewhere it'll save you a few thousand shillings.
What is it that one needs from Knec?I already have My secondary school certificate, enlighten me please

What is it that one needs from Knec?I already have My secondary school certificate, enlighten me please

KNEC needs to validate your results. They'll send the verification directly to the embassy. Go to KNEC on Haile Selassie and they'll give you the requirements. You pay to a bank of their choice and they'll send the results. Do it early.

KNEC needs to validate your results. They'll send the verification directly to the embassy. Go to KNEC on Haile Selassie and they'll give you the requirements. You pay to a bank of their choice and they'll send the results. Do it early.
Thank you i didn't know that . i think its too early for me according To My case No. My interview will probably be in aug or sept 2019., by early you mean as soon as i get My 2nl

Visit mtihani house in south c with a copy of your kcse certificate if you use public means for transport take no 17c at bus station they will drop you at the gate, ask to be directed to the archives/confirmation department .They will give you all the info on how to proceed but first wait for your 2nl

Apologies to hijack this post, but @Gurix could you please shed some light on my situation similar to @Florence Pitts

I randomly checked my visa processing status and this came up.. Will i be called for another interview? I already had my first visa interview in November 2018, and the Embassy needed me to send some additional documents, which i did together with our passports. In the meantime i will wait for probably an email notification...

READY
Immigrant Visa Case Number:************ 01 NRB
Case Created:11-Nov-2017
Case Last Updated:26-Feb-2019

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://nvc.state.gov/interview
For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.
Your search has returned multiple results. Please select the Case Number to display the status.
Case Number Status
********** 01 NRB
Ready
********* 02 NRB
Ready

What does this mean?

Quote Reply

Apologies to hijack this post, but @Gurix could you please shed some light on my situation similar to @Florence Pitts

I randomly checked my visa processing status and this came up.. Will i be called for another interview? I already had my first visa interview in November 2018, and the Embassy needed me to send some additional documents, which i did together with our passports. In the meantime i will wait for probably an email notification...

READY

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://nvc.state.gov/interview
Your search has returned multiple results. Please select the Case Number to display the status.
Case Number Status
********** 01 NRB
Ready
********* 02 NRB
Ready

What does this mean?

Quote Reply

Hi, I'm a little lost. What category of a Visa are you interviewing for? Is it a DV interview?

Hi, I'm a little lost. What category of a Visa are you interviewing for? Is it a DV interview?
yes. DV visa. But, i went for my first interview in November, then i was to send my child's consent, which became a little complicated to get. So i wrote the Embassy explaining my situation, and send them the letter with our passports, so that they can finalize the process.

yes. DV visa. But, i went for my first interview in November, then i was to send my child's consent, which became a little complicated to get. So i wrote the Embassy explaining my situation, and send them the letter with our passports, so that they can finalize the process.
After sending the documents my status was at administrative processesing then after 2 weeks it changed to ready ready like yours so I could understand then I emailed them because my husband needed his passport back to travel back to the country where he is employed to resign then the next day the status went back to administrative processing again that was on 25 this month on on 26th the status was issued and we picked our package yesterday.

I had a question for Guriix though,am trying to pay for the green card for my husband and 1 using my debit card and am being told that my card has been declined yet my bank is telling me that my card is okay and it's the transaction that's being suspected to be fraudulent and they are asking if am sure that's the website I was given by the embassy.Am confused.

After sending the documents my status was at administrative processesing then after 2 weeks it changed to ready ready like yours so I could understand then I emailed them because my husband needed his passport back to travel back to the country where he is employed to resign then the next day the status went back to administrative processing again that was on 25 this month on on 26th the status was issued and we picked our package yesterday.
That is encouraging @Florence Pitts! Thanks for sharing.
I guess i will just wait to see the status change. Did you get an email notification to pick your package?

@Florence Pitts ,@Gurix i just checked now and look!!!!Issued!!!

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Issued

Immigrant Visa Case Number:*********** 01
NRBCase
Created:11-Nov-2017Case
Last Updated:28-Feb-2019

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.
Case Number Status
********** 01 NRB
Issued
********** 02 NRB
Issued

Thanks Folks!!

@Florence Pitts ,@Gurix i just checked now and look!!!!Issued!!!

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Issued

Immigrant Visa Case Number:*********** 01
NRBCase
Created:11-Nov-2017Case
Last Updated:28-Feb-2019

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.
Case Number Status
********** 01 NRB
Issued
********** 02 NRB
Issued

Thanks Folks!!
I can only imagine the feeling all the best.

READY

Case Number Status
********** 01 NRB
Ready
********* 02 NRB
Ready

What does this mean?

Quote Reply
Kindly let me know if your payment for the green card goes through because mine is just trouble tried twice and also you gonna received the emails with the tracking number and if you are within Nairobi you will be able to pick your package tomorrow at the point of delivery that you had initially chosen

o
Kindly let me know if your payment for the green card goes through because mine is just trouble tried twice and also you gonna received the emails with the tracking number and if you are within Nairobi you will be able to pick your package tomorrow at the point of delivery that you had initially chosen
Okay. I will let you know when i do.

I had a question for Guriix though,am trying to pay for the green card for my husband and 1 using my debit card and am being told that my card has been declined yet my bank is telling me that my card is okay and it's the transaction that's being suspected to be fraudulent and they are asking if am sure that's the website I was given by the embassy.Am confused.
FYI If it continues to be a problem, it’s ok to pay when you get to the US. Just don’t wait too long after you arrive as the green card will only be sent if payment is received; they only start the production process when you enter the US though so not paying before you get there won’t delay anything. Congrats on your visas!