• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Kenyan Selectees

I got my interview date for Dec 2018, but have not received any email asking me to send the documents will it be sent? I even have booked with the embassy for the interview.
On medicals, i booked with IOM and they have quoted approx 85k for me and my 2yrs Son inclusive of Immunization. i have seen on the 2018 post that i can knock off the cost by having the Vaccines and immunization outside IOM.

If you have done the medicals please update to help someone else who could come be fetching the info....

Any city council clinic should have the vaccines and it's much cheaper

I got my interview date for Dec 2018, but have not received any email asking me to send the documents will it be sent? I even have booked with the embassy for the interview.
On medicals, i booked with IOM and they have quoted approx 85k for me and my 2yrs Son inclusive of Immunization. i have seen on the 2018 post that i can knock off the cost by having the Vaccines and immunization outside IOM.

If you have done the medicals please update to help someone else who could come be fetching the info....
My interview was in November. I did not send any documents. I just booked for medical. My cost was approx 65k but ended up being 67k, i didnt get vaccine away from IOM. I just coughed the 67 and got them and my son's from them. About the interview, i don't think you need to send them your documents. You will carry them on your interview date. You also need to register your appointment online, for purposes of the Embassy returning your passports after processing your visas.

I'm living in Qatar, the embassy want we send police clearance certificate plus that of my wife who is in Kenya. My wife is the primary applicant. I already have Qatari police clearance but the Kenyan ppc already expired, Since I have been away. I'm planning to send them both the two copies of my ppc..and explain my case. Will there be an issue that my arise from it.

I'm living in Qatar, the embassy want we send police clearance certificate plus that of my wife who is in Kenya. My wife is the primary applicant. I already have Qatari police clearance but the Kenyan ppc already expired, Since I have been away. I'm planning to send them both the two copies of my ppc..and explain my case. Will there be an issue that my arise from it.
Where will you interview? If you haven’t been back to Kenya the expired PCC will be ok but if you are going back to Kenya interview there you’ll probably need a new one for the interview.

My interview was in November. I did not send any documents. I just booked for medical. My cost was approx 65k but ended up being 67k, i didnt get vaccine away from IOM. I just coughed the 67 and got them and my son's from them. About the interview, i don't think you need to send them your documents. You will carry them on your interview date. You also need to register your appointment online, for purposes of the Embassy returning your passports after processing your visas.

Thank you Joss for your feedback, Very helpful. Did you get your KNEC to verify your document and send the result to embassy?
I hope your interview went on well.

Hi guys I have a question,if your host family filled in the form i-134 and he made an error that you got to see after the dcuments had been mailed to me can he just send me the soft copy document through my email so that I can edit it since the page he needs to sign is okay and doesn't have any errors.And secondly if the guy has a wife who isnt dependent (has a job) on him does he still need to fill her details in the beneficiary part where he has filled in their kid's details.

Hi guys I have a question,if your host family filled in the form i-134 and he made an error that you got to see after the dcuments had been mailed to me can he just send me the soft copy document through my email so that I can edit it since the page he needs to sign is okay and doesn't have any errors.And secondly if the guy has a wife who isnt dependent (has a job) on him does he still need to fill her details in the beneficiary part where he has filled in their kid's details.

1. Yes, or he can make the corrections and email the corrected form.

2. Yes she has to be listed.

Hello to all of you,
I am a DV 2019 selectee CN 2019AF00014XXX. I have questions that are ever disturbing me and coming a cross this site i believe am going to be assisted. my questions are as below;
1. Some guys were taking photos+details and were applying dv lotteries in secondary schools back in 2010 . I was in form 4 by then so they applied for me.......years down the line, this guys came this year July looking for me that they used the 2010 photo+details and luckily i was selected which they proved and even showed me the photo. My biggest worry is WILL THIS PHOTO DISQUALIFY ME SINCE ITS LIKE 8 YEARS DOWN THE LINE SINCE IT WAS TAKEN????

2. After high school in 2010, i never heard from these guys till this year...so last year when they were doing the application, they did not know my marital status so they applied as single- yet I am married (2 years come we stay though). I was selected as single. My hubby and I do not want to loose this chance-- so we were advised and agreed to fill as single in FORM D260 to increase chances since we do hear that if you marry after you have been selected the marriage might be considered fake and be disqualified or go through a tough interview. I am expectant, will my pregnancy lower my chances??when will it be appropriate to include my husband??

3. I am pregnant with our first child due late February-early march . According to visa bulletin, my interviews might fall with my delivery period- Do i have power over when i should take the interview??

Kindly assist. Thanks a lot

Hello to all of you,
I am a DV 2019 selectee CN 2019AF00014XXX. I have questions that are ever disturbing me and coming a cross this site i believe am going to be assisted. my questions are as below;
1. Some guys were taking photos+details and were applying dv lotteries in secondary schools back in 2010 . I was in form 4 by then so they applied for me.......years down the line, this guys came this year July looking for me that they used the 2010 photo+details and luckily i was selected which they proved and even showed me the photo. My biggest worry is WILL THIS PHOTO DISQUALIFY ME SINCE ITS LIKE 8 YEARS DOWN THE LINE SINCE IT WAS TAKEN????

2. After high school in 2010, i never heard from these guys till this year...so last year when they were doing the application, they did not know my marital status so they applied as single- yet I am married (2 years come we stay though). I was selected as single. My hubby and I do not want to loose this chance-- so we were advised and agreed to fill as single in FORM D260 to increase chances since we do hear that if you marry after you have been selected the marriage might be considered fake and be disqualified or go through a tough interview. I am expectant, will my pregnancy lower my chances??when will it be appropriate to include my husband??

3. I am pregnant with our first child due late February-early march . According to visa bulletin, my interviews might fall with my delivery period- Do i have power over when i should take the interview??

I’m going to give it to you straight - don’t continue with the processing, you will be denied!. If you’re not denied based on the old photo used, you will be based on your marital status - entering as single while married is a guaranteed denial.

Trying to process the selection as single when you’re obviously married is a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit which can lead to a lifetime ban from the US. You and your husband should forget about this selection, that’s the best thing you can do for yourselves.

Hello to all of you,

To add to what mom said. Apart from the fact that signing false statements in the Ds260 is fraud, if somehow you manage to still get a visa as single and emigrate, you will never be able to bring your husband and existing children to the US... at least not without revealing the fraud and then you will be deported and get a lifetime ban. There is simply no way you can legally or practically complete this process. Tell the agents to never enter for you again.

Hey guys.. Just want to inquire if there is anyone whose case number falls in January whom was requested to send documents has received the second notifications.

To add to what mom said. Apart from the fact that signing false statements in the Ds260 is fraud, if somehow you manage to still get a visa as single and emigrate, you will never be able to bring your husband and existing children to the US... at least not without revealing the fraud and then you will be deported and get a lifetime ban. There is simply no way you can legally or practically complete this process. Tell the agents to never enter for you again.

Write your reply...Guys I thought come we stay is never valued as marriage until you put everything in writing and be given a marriage certificate?????? actually I didn't imagine that marriage can be a problem because so far we have not officialized by church or Attorney General. ...my biggest worry was the photo......

Thanks
Write your reply...Guys I thought come we stay is never valued as marriage until you put everything in writing and be given a marriage certificate?????? actually I didn't imagine that marriage can be a problem because so far we have not officialized by church or Attorney General. ...my biggest worry was the photo......
you said you were married and continuously referred to your husband, now you are trying to say you aren't married and don’t have a husband... please
Well, it’s really your decision if you want to risk a lifetime ban from the US. No one here is going to help you commit immigration fraud.
The photo is the least of your problems. Yes the photo could get you disqualified from one year. What you are thinking of could get you banned from the US for life.

Thanks

you said you were married and continuously referred to your husband, now you are trying to say you aren't married and don’t have a husband... please
Well, it’s really your decision if you want to risk a lifetime ban from the US. No one here is going to help you commit immigration fraud.
The photo is the least of your problems. Yes the photo could get you disqualified from one year. What you are thinking of could get you banned from the US for life.
I think she means that she has not signed any legal document showing she is married to him. In Kenya the term "come we stay" is generally used to refer to a couple living together without any formalization of the union, there usually is no legal document that indicates they are married. The partners may refer to each other as husband/wife even though they are not married.

I think she means that she has not signed any legal document showing she is married to him. In Kenya the term "come we stay" is generally used to refer to a couple living together without any formalization of the union, there usually is no legal document that indicates they are married. The partners may refer to each other as husband/wife even though they are not married.

Then why was she so concerned that she said “so last year when they were doing the application, they did not know my marital status so they applied as single- yet I am married” ? Why would she even have mentioned any of this if it wasn’t a problem? Why is she not wanting her husband to go with her now but somehow scheming how to get him there later? Why not just formalize the marriage now if a legal document is really the only issue, and take him with? Everything she said about this indicated this was a problem...
Anyway, her case, her decision, I presume these people who entered for her are somehow making her pay them something, hopefully she hasn’t paid them anything yet and won’t have to pay them if she doesn’t get a visa. As she will already be out of pocket for the medical fees and visa fees.