• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

@Sm1smom a quick question for you if i may...

i noticed a post from you on the dv2018 thread regarding the interview location - to the effect that when you indicate a choice of embassy to hold your interview it will not necessarily be held there - is that correct?
we are from northern ireland so the 1nl says chargeability northern ireland/post london
we are irish passport holders (entitled to dual irish/uk but not uk passport holders),
obviously dublin embassy would be more convenient logistically so i was intending to select dublin on the ds260

many thanks

@Sm1smom a quick question for you if i may...

i noticed a post from you on the dv2018 thread regarding the interview location - to the effect that when you indicate a choice of embassy to hold your interview it will not necessarily be held there - is that correct?
we are from northern ireland so the 1nl says chargeability northern ireland/post london
we are irish passport holders (entitled to dual irish/uk but not uk passport holders),
obviously dublin embassy would be more convenient logistically so i was intending to select dublin on the ds260

many thanks

Your embassy is assigned based on the address you give as I recall. Where do you actually live? (I read your “from” in terms of chargeability, or do you mean it’s where you live now?)

actually live in northern ireland - guess thats the joy of being the only eligible part of the UK

Prior NI selectees have had to go to London, which does all UK immigrant visas. I don’t recall though whether any of them actually tried for Dublin, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try!

Prior NI selectees have had to go to London, which does all UK immigrant visas. I don’t recall though whether any of them actually tried for Dublin, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try!
Thanks Susie - i will try as it would be much easier and less expensive to make trips for medical etc.
I have already started my ds260 and selected Dublin - i now notice that i am unable to change that selection - wont actually be submitting for a few months as we will both need our passports renewed.

Still none the wiser on this have been searching all over to no avail!

From the Dublin embassy site:
Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of Ireland at the U.S. Embassy in Dublin.

And similar on London site:
Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of the United Kingdom at the U.S. Embassy in London.

So as a resident of the UK but a citizen of Ireland im not sure either way- have emailed Dublin to ask- so surprised not to find previous similar cases

My wife is DV 2019 selectee. If everything goes well, we will be travelling to the US next year. The problem is that I will be in the middle of my Masters Course in Europe with 2 semesters left. My query is that, can i enter the US with my wife next year and go back to continue my degree? What is the mandatory period of stay in the US after diversity visa holder first enter in the country? Can I leave the country after couple of weeks and spend 6 months in euro

My wife is DV 2019 selectee. If everything goes well, we will be travelling to the US next year. The problem is that I will be in the middle of my Masters Course in Europe with 2 semesters left. My query is that, can i enter the US with my wife next year and go back to continue my degree? What is the mandatory period of stay in the US after diversity visa holder first enter in the country? Can I leave the country after couple of weeks and spend 6 months in euro
Yes, none (you can get your passport stamped and take the next flight out), yes.

Just by way of update on my case - reply received from embassy in Dublin that I should be interviewed in London, makes perfect sense the more I think about it to be honest....
Problem I now have is the 'getting started' page on the ds-260 can't be amended - the options are greyed out so I can't change the selection back to London.
Presumably I will automatically be assigned to London based on my address so it's not a big deal?
Have mailed Kentucky to ask if the section can be unlocked just to be safe.

1. No
2. It depends on what kind of apartment you’re trying to rent online. If it’s a vacation rental for a temporary stay, no SSN required. Otherwise trying to rent an apartment for a long term stay site-onseen is not a smart move IMO.
Thanks

Just by way of update on my case - reply received from embassy in Dublin that I should be interviewed in London, makes perfect sense the more I think about it to be honest....
Problem I now have is the 'getting started' page on the ds-260 can't be amended - the options are greyed out so I can't change the selection back to London.
Presumably I will automatically be assigned to London based on my address so it's not a big deal?
Have mailed Kentucky to ask if the section can be unlocked just to be safe.

Doesn’t matter. KCC will automatically assigned you to the London embassy.

Hi everybody,
I'm a selectee (CN EU14XXX) and currently living in the US on a J2 Visa (husband J1). Thank you for all the information provided in this forum, it's really helpful! At the moment we are assessing if we should do AOS or CP. Is there a timeline for the CP like in the "DV 2019 AOS only"?

Thank you for your help!

Hello
I am very happy with this forum I was lucky to be selected for the DV2019, I need you for certain questions thanks in advance
1- I had my baccalaureate since 2013 and I only spent 1 year on universsity campus, knowing that I am on my own since 2014 what to put at the level of your current professional situation?
2- At the level of my previous situation I have only to put the baccalaureate and my only year on the campus or I must also put the 6th in terminal?
3- Level of study I have to put what?

translated by google translate

This Thread has been created for all DV 2019 Selectees to use in sharing the good news about their selection and to potentially ask questions about processing. We don’t know for certain if the plug will be pulled on DV 2019 before the FY starts, so until then it’s going to be business as usual here.

Congratulations and best of luck!

Thnx! My CN is EU201930xxx, is there any possibility to be called for the interview this Year? What is your experience?

Best!

Thnx! My CN is EU201930xxx, is there any possibility to be called for the interview this Year? What is your experience?

Best!

Absolutely not possible for an interview this year. As to when next year? Too soon to tell, so wait and see (to borrow Simon’s famous expression :D)

What is your estimation for numbers around 6000? Are they going to be interviewed by the end of the year or it's hard to predict now?