• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

This is what it says for Ghana marriage certificates on the official US DoS page, I suggest you try contact this Principal Registrar and see if you can get a certificate reflecting your husband’s full name. (Am I correct you are from Ghana? I know this thread is on the general page?)

Available for marriages entered into under civil law from the Principal Registrar of Marriages, C/O Registrar General's Office, P.O. Box 118, Accra, Ghana. There is a fee for this service. Most marriages are performed under customary law, and written records are kept only if the couple chooses to register the marriage with the local council. Persons married under customary law who subsequently wish to marry under civil law must obtain a civil marriage certificate which reflects the words "married under native customary law" in the space provided for "condition."

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Ghana.html

I must be misunderstanding something because it seems like these two posts I quoted above contradict each other.

Is there a problem? If the CO cannot believe from the documents you present him, yes.
You are saying the ONLY thing identifying your husband on your marriage certificate is two first names?
Is there any reason you didn’t ask back in 2009 why the name wasn’t on there?
By the way many people have property and children together without being married. That’s not proof of marriage.
I guess you will have to take other proof of your relationship then and hope the CO accepts the marriage certificate. You can attest or affidavit or whatever (I don’t know what an attestation is, sorry) but it’s not a guarantee the CO accept those even with a genuine mistake that someone else made.
What do u suggest?... new cert marriage cert be issued ?
or have the registry correct the old one by adding the name and endorse it?

This Thread has been created for all DV 2019 Selectees to use in sharing the good news about their selection and to potentially ask questions about processing. We don’t know for certain if the plug will be pulled on DV 2019 before the FY starts, so until then it’s going to be business as usual here.

Congratulations and best of luck!

Hi Sm1smom,

Thank you! for the info is very helpful. Still I have so many questions.
1st step is confirm qualifications:
1. Can I submit my Universities Bachelors Degree?.
2. Must be translated and validated. Correct?

Thank you! for the support!.

What do u suggest?... new cert marriage cert be issued ?
or have the registry correct the old one by adding the name and endorse it?
I already previously suggested you get a new one issued if you can. But if an endorsement is all you can do it’s better than nothing. Remember you are interviewing in a high fraud/high refusal rate embassy and the less problems with your documents, the better.
If you can get a new certificate through the link I gave you (which you should already have found on your own by the way, the link is in one of the pages linked from your selection letter) but you decide not to, then the CO may refuse to accept what you present. If you try but can’t you can at least show you tried.

Hi Sm1smom,

Thank you! for the info is very helpful. Still I have so many questions.
1st step is confirm qualifications:
1. Can I submit my Universities Bachelors Degree?.
2. Must be translated and validated. Correct?

Thank you! for the support!.
Did you read the instructions linked from your selection letter about documents for interview?

hi everyone. I've just checked my DV lottery 2019 status and have been selected for futher processing... but now I'm knee-deep in conflicting instructions and just don't know what to do. I weep! I'm based in Johannesburg, South Africa, by the way :) Do I sit and wait for an interview date to be provided to me or do I proceed and complete the DS 260, whereafter an interview date will be sent to me? Apologies if this has been asked and answered in a previous thread... Can anyone help?

hi everyone. I've just checked my DV lottery 2019 status and have been selected for futher processing... but now I'm knee-deep in conflicting instructions and just don't know what to do. I weep! I'm based in Johannesburg, South Africa, by the way :) Do I sit and wait for an interview date to be provided to me or do I proceed and complete the DS 260, whereafter an interview date will be sent to me? Apologies if this has been asked and answered in a previous thread... Can anyone help?

Ex-SA winner here.
The first thing you do is follow the link from your selection letter. Read the page and all pages following it closely. If you see another link on those pages under anything you need to do, click on that and read it too. That should be pretty comprehensive, then if you have further questions come back and ask, or visit britsimonsays page.

Did you read the instructions linked from your selection letter about documents for interview?

The letter only says to fill the form DS-260 form and follow the instructions in their website.

1. Do I need to submit proof of qualification with DS-260
2. or proof is only when I get to the interview?

Thank you!

This Thread has been created for all DV 2019 Selectees to use in sharing the good news about their selection and to potentially ask questions about processing. We don’t know for certain if the plug will be pulled on DV 2019 before the FY starts, so until then it’s going to be business as usual here.

Congratulations and best of luck!

The letter I received only says to fill the form DS-260 form and follow the instructions in their website.

2. or proof of qualifications is only when I get to the interview?

Thank you!

The letter only says to fill the form DS-260 form and follow the instructions in their website.

well, did you follow the instructions in the website? There was a link to that in the letter, correct?

I’m not trying to be obstructionist here. If you don’t read the instructions properly, you WILL leave something out and potentially jeopardize your case. There’s no way you can know to ask everything without reading them. The instructions have everything you need to know about what to submit when.

The letter I received only says to fill the form DS-260 form and follow the instructions in their website.

2. or proof of qualifications is only when I get to the interview?

Thank you!

1. No
2. Depends on your embassy, for most embassies the answer is no.

However, read and follow the instructions on your selectee notification letter like Susie already stated.

This is what it says for Ghana marriage certificates on the official US DoS page, I suggest you try contact this Principal Registrar and see if you can get a certificate reflecting your husband’s full name. (Am I correct you are from Ghana? I know this thread is on the general page?)

Available for marriages entered into under civil law from the Principal Registrar of Marriages, C/O Registrar General's Office, P.O. Box 118, Accra, Ghana. There is a fee for this service. Most marriages are performed under customary law, and written records are kept only if the couple chooses to register the marriage with the local council. Persons married under customary law who subsequently wish to marry under civil law must obtain a civil marriage certificate which reflects the words "married under native customary law" in the space
1. No

However, read and follow the instructions on your selectee notification letter like Susie already stated.
Thank you for your help

Thank you!.
Very helpful!.

I try to fill the Form-DS-160. I already in US on the main page - drop down option to initiate to fill the form says: Select a location where you will be applying for this visa.

1. Cant find a USA.

Any technical advice, Thanks!,

Hello All,

Should KCC return some approval email after submission of the DS260 form? or application confirmation after submission is enough?

If there should be some email, how long it takes?

submitted mine 3 days ago but no email yet...

Thank you in advance!
Mike

Thank you!.
Very helpful!.

I try to fill the Form-DS-160. I already in US on the main page - drop down option to initiate to fill the form says: Select a location where you will be applying for this visa.

1. Cant find a USA.

Any technical advice, Thanks!,
DS160 is a non-immigrant visa form. Did you mean DS260, or do you have the wrong form?

Hello All,

Should KCC return some approval email after submission of the DS260 form? or application confirmation after submission is enough?

If there should be some email, how long it takes?

submitted mine 3 days ago but no email yet...

Thank you in advance!
Mike

When I submitted mine, i got an auto reply confirming the submission within minutes. Check junk mail.

I have a question about listing previous addresses on my form..
I have moved around quite a bit so if I put down on my form every address I’ve had since the age of 16 there would be over ten different addresses! Is is going to look bad if I have so many listed? How accurate do they have to be with the dates?

I have a question about listing previous addresses on my form..
I have moved around quite a bit so if I put down on my form every address I’ve had since the age of 16 there would be over ten different addresses! Is is going to look bad if I have so many listed? How accurate do they have to be with the dates?

There’s no such thing as looking bad - what is required is a truthful response to all the questions asked and that’s what you should do.

1. No

Hi Sm1smo,
Thanks for the help!. You are saving my life here!.

After complete the Form DS260
1. Only IF a visa number is available I'll have an interview?
2. Will they contact me for the interview?

Thanks,