• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Hi. My appointment was for the 15th but I'm going back home on the 17th so I called the hospital and explained to them. You'll receive this letter probably by the third week when you get here. I managed to get an appointment yesterday. Carry your X-ray CD if you have it. I didn't have mine so I did another X-ray and blood test. They'll ask for your insurance card but I didn't have it. There were no charges for this test. Results will be out next week on Wednesday. And btw did you pay for your greencard? Mine was mailed on Friday so I should have it by Monday.

Hi. My appointment was for the 15th but I'm going back home on the 17th so I called the hospital and explained to them. You'll receive this letter probably by the third week when you get here. I managed to get an appointment yesterday. Carry your X-ray CD if you have it. I didn't have mine so I did another X-ray and blood test. They'll ask for your insurance card but I didn't have it. There were no charges for this test. Results will be out next week on Wednesday. And btw did you pay for your greencard? Mine was mailed on Friday so I should have it by Monday.
Thanks for the swift response,,,, so the spatum thing again or not neccesarily and other TB Testing methods can be used?!
Which state are you at??

I paid the $165 before I left Kenya. Typical wait time for it to arrive. Driving test and job interviews should be much easier once you have the card. Most offices don't seem to recognize the stamp in your passport.

I paid the $165 before I left Kenya. Typical wait time for it to arrive. Driving test and job interviews should be much easier once you have the card. Most offices don't seem to recognize the stamp in your passport.
I got my card on Sunday mine was $220 heh this whole process has just been expensive but I know I'll get all that money back ☺

I'm in Seattle. But I'm going back home next week since I have unfinished business over there. I'll be back next year

Cool, you should be good in Seattle with jobs, quality of life, etc. Good luck as you finish the unfinished business back home

Hello friends. I need help on something not related to DV lottery directly (apologies if this is the wrong forum). If you have travelled recently, how did you book your flight? Which is cheaper? Booking through an agent or wiring the money to someone in US to help book? Which airlines are cheaper? I am viewing websites for various airlines and its a little confusing. Any help is appreciated. Am trying to help a friend get an inexpensive fight from Nairobi to San Antonio, TX. They are a family of five. Three Adults and 2 children.

Hello friends. I need help on something not related to DV lottery directly (apologies if this is the wrong forum). If you have travelled recently, how did you book your flight? Which is cheaper? Booking through an agent or wiring the money to someone in US to help book? Which airlines are cheaper? I am viewing websites for various airlines and its a little confusing. Any help is appreciated. Am trying to help a friend get an inexpensive fight from Nairobi to San Antonio, TX. They are a family of five. Three Adults and 2 children.

IOM offers affordable tickets if you are emigrating to another country, just a one off. If they are not first time immigrants, then Google is your friend. Expedia, Kayak, Cheap Flights, etc. Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, Turkish all fly into Houston or Dallas, then hopefully connect with an American carrier.

IOM offers affordable tickets if you are emigrating to another country, just a one off. If they are not first time immigrants, then Google is your friend. Expedia, Kayak, Cheap Flights, etc. Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, Turkish all fly into Houston or Dallas, then hopefully connect with an American carrier.

Thanks very much. I appreciate.

Another question friends. If you have a connecting flight, my assumption is that you will be admitted at the first place you land within USA. Right? Say you are connecting to Phoenix and you land at Newyork you will be admitted as an immigrant in New York. Question is, does your baggage go straight to your destination or customs has to check it at Your POE which is New York in this case?

Another question friends. If you have a connecting flight, my assumption is that you will be admitted at the first place you land within USA. Right? Say you are connecting to Phoenix and you land at Newyork you will be admitted as an immigrant in New York. Question is, does your baggage go straight to your destination or customs has to check it at Your POE which is New York in this case?

Customs will inspect your luggage at the PoE then you recheck it on the connecting flight

Customs will inspect your luggage at the PoE then you recheck it on the connecting flight
Indeed, so make sure you have enough time, especially at jfk where you might have to change terminals as well (if you’re lucky and it’s the same airline they may have a desk where you just drop the luggage as you exit customs) but at the very least you will need to go back through (domestic) security to board your connecting flight. I wouldn’t budget for less than 3 hours minimum to connect at jfk and would feel more comfortable with more, worse case you while away a few minutes on free WiFi and bad airport coffee.

In addition to Susie’s response the GC and SSN will not arrive together, they are processed by different administrations. If you’ve already been in the US for about 2 weeks and your SSN hasn’t shown up in the mail, you need to visit the SSA office and apply for the SSN in person. You will need the SSN for the job.
Very True, I arrived in Chicago on Sep 24th and received the GC on Oct 15th (2 days ago). I have not received SSN so I went to apply the same day. Was told it will come within 2 weeks.

Get the immunizations at kanjo clinics for free or cheap.. they do a tb test, blood work, xray and full body medical. Being the only ones doing the medicals they can afford to charge exorbitant fees
Hi@Guriix, which vaccinations to be exact do you get from the kanjo to reduce costs at IOM and how much is it in total cost if you have an idea as i do not have any vaccination records at all. Thanks

The last time I called Kanjo, that is in June this year, they told me hawana those jabs at the moment except Polio!. I had to go IOM for everything.

Last edited:
Hi@Guriix, which vaccinations to be exact do you get from the kanjo to reduce costs at IOM and how much is it in total cost if you have an idea as i do not have any vaccination records at all. Thanks
I got my vaccinations at Centre for tropical & travel medicine opposite green house. The rest of the tests must be done at IOM if you do them elsewhere they won't be acceptable cause your results will be sent to the embassy direct from IOM so don't make that mistake budget around 25k for that