• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

Hi all,

I am one of the selectees for DV2017, yay. Submitted the DS, quitely going into panic mode (even though I have read most of the information here, Simon's blog, other sources) and I honestly believe that I wouldn't have too much troubles on the interview, I was re-reading my DS and I noticed I made a tiny mistake - for education, where it says "course of study" I have put "high school" instead of what it says on the tip (it says "please indicate academic or vocational"). Apparently I was so stressed when filling the form, that I didn't even notice the tip.
When I think about it, it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but then again ... so many people have been refused for incorrectly submitting the DS.
Do you think I should ask KCC to unlock it and change it?

Hi all,

I am one of the selectees for DV2017, yay. Submitted the DS, quitely going into panic mode (even though I have read most of the information here, Simon's blog, other sources) and I honestly believe that I wouldn't have too much troubles on the interview, I was re-reading my DS and I noticed I made a tiny mistake - for education, where it says "course of study" I have put "high school" instead of what it says on the tip (it says "please indicate academic or vocational"). Apparently I was so stressed when filling the form, that I didn't even notice the tip.
When I think about it, it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but then again ... so many people have been refused for incorrectly submitting the DS.
Do you think I should ask KCC to unlock it and change it?

Don't worry about it...

Don't worry about it...
I am trying not to :) Thanks!
Actually I may end up unlocking it anyway...
Apparently I did not read carefully when submitting the education details at all... It says number of educational institutions ATTENDED. I have completed high-school and then I got into the university, but dropped out, never graduated. The high school degree is there, the fact that I have attended a university - is not.
I am thinking of adding it and where it says "degree" to note that none was received - I dropped out. I was in the US on a J1 visa 10 years ago, which means I was a student at the time, so they will probably notice that... UGH!
The process is so unbelievably straight-forward, but all that stress really gets to you, I guess :(

I am trying not to :) Thanks!
Actually I may end up unlocking it anyway...
Apparently I did not read carefully when submitting the education details at all... It says number of educational institutions ATTENDED. I have completed high-school and then I got into the university, but dropped out, never graduated. The high school degree is there, the fact that I have attended a university - is not.
I am thinking of adding it and where it says "degree" to note that none was received - I dropped out. I was in the US on a J1 visa 10 years ago, which means I was a student at the time, so they will probably notice that... UGH!
The process is so unbelievably straight-forward, but all that stress really gets to you, I guess :(

Yes, document attendance, not just completion. You are partly trying to explain how you spent your time. When you correct that you can correct other things.

Hey guys, thanks for your help thus far. I unlocked my DS-260, updated it, and sent it back. Where before it said "completed on June 3rd 2016" now says "completed on July 14th 2016." KCC said that the unlocking and update would not affect processing, but is that really the case? Will I not be pushed to the end of the line by resubmitting the form? Thanks again!

Hey guys, thanks for your help thus far. I unlocked my DS-260, updated it, and sent it back. Where before it said "completed on June 3rd 2016" now says "completed on July 14th 2016." KCC said that the unlocking and update would not affect processing, but is that really the case? Will I not be pushed to the end of the line by resubmitting the form? Thanks again!

Your post was moved from the AOS Thread to this one. You shouldn't be posting on it since you're processing CP.

To answer your question, unlocking and updating the DS260 form typically does not push cases to the back of the queue.

Hey guys, so I unlocked my DS-260 a few days ago and I updated my current address to London (note that I had already selected London as the interview place previously). The "date completed" on the confirmation page changed from June 2nd to July 13th. Given that the 2NL won't come until I'm current AND my DS-260 has been processed, I called KCC to ask whether this will affect the timing of my interview (my CN is likely to be current in October). They said that updating the form and the date changing to July 13th would not impact processing from a timing standpoint. Is that really the case, though? Will I not be thrown to the end of the line after unlocking and resubmitting the DS-260? Thanks as always!

Hey guys, so I unlocked my DS-260 a few days ago and I updated my current address to London (note that I had already selected London as the interview place previously). The "date completed" on the confirmation page changed from June 2nd to July 13th. Given that the 2NL won't come until I'm current AND my DS-260 has been processed, I called KCC to ask whether this will affect the timing of my interview (my CN is likely to be current in October). They said that updating the form and the date changing to July 13th would not impact processing from a timing standpoint. Is that really the case, though? Will I not be thrown to the end of the line after unlocking and resubmitting the DS-260? Thanks as always!

I've had to move your post again from the AOS Thread since you're not processing AOS! I also answered your question in addition to moving your previous post, only for you to create a new profile and put the same post on the AOS Thread. If you post none AOS related issues on the AOS Thread again, your post will be deleted, they will not get moved!!

I've had to move your post again from the AOS Thread since you're not processing AOS! I also answered your question in addition to moving your previous post, only for you to create a new profile and put the same post on the AOS Thread. If you post none AOS related issues on the AOS Thread again, your post will be deleted, they will not get moved!!

thanks mom, I actually didn't see that you had moved the post originally and thought that my question didn't go through since I didn't see it on the other thread. will keep everything here -- as to the new profile, I had issues accessing the old one, nothing else. Thanks as always!

thanks mom, I actually didn't see that you had moved the post originally and thought that my question didn't go through since I didn't see it on the other thread. will keep everything here -- as to the new profile, I had issues accessing the old one, nothing else. Thanks as always!

A notification was sent when the previous post got moved. Anyway, your explanation is noted and appreciated.

Long story short: one of my best friends just recently announced her engagement and her wedding is going to be when I had originally planned to be moving for good to the states (was only going to do an activation trip and then go back)

I had already submitted my form in May, if I request for it to be unlocked (even though no changes need to be made) and then submit a bit later will this delay it, or will delays only be caused if actual changes to the form were made?

my case number is 7xx and I am hoping/wanting to be interviewed around April/May

Long story short: one of my best friends just recently announced her engagement and her wedding is going to be when I had originally planned to be moving for good to the states (was only going to do an activation trip and then go back)

I had already submitted my form in May, if I request for it to be unlocked (even though no changes need to be made) and then submit a bit later will this delay it, or will delays only be caused if actual changes to the form were made?

my case number is 7xx and I am hoping/wanting to be interviewed around April/May

Unlocking now "might" stop processing and cause the delay you want, but it isn't certain. However, don't forget you have 6 months after the medical to enter for the first time so even if you got a February interview for example, you could delay the initial entry until July/August...

Hey guys -- hope all is well. I hold both Venezuelan and Italian citizenship. As I said previously, I am living in London and chose my interview location here. Since I was born in Venezuela, I applied to the DV as a Venezuelan. However, I will need to show to the Embassy that I'm in legal status in London as an Italian citizen (hence will need to show both passports).

My full name on the Venezuelan passport (two names, two last names) matches the birth certificate and the DV entry. However, my Italian passport does not list my second last name. Is this an issue, and should I do something about it ahead of my interview? Thanks

Hey guys -- hope all is well. I hold both Venezuelan and Italian citizenship. As I said previously, I am living in London and chose my interview location here. Since I was born in Venezuela, I applied to the DV as a Venezuelan. However, I will need to show to the Embassy that I'm in legal status in London as an Italian citizen (hence will need to show both passports).

My full name on the Venezuelan passport (two names, two last names) matches the birth certificate and the DV entry. However, my Italian passport does not list my second last name. Is this an issue, and should I do something about it ahead of my interview? Thanks

Did they say you need to show them proof of your legal status in the UK?
Anyway I'd think as long as the visa is going in the Venezuelan passport - so all the names match - it should be fine.

Did they say you need to show them proof of your legal status in the UK?
Anyway I'd think as long as the visa is going in the Venezuelan passport - so all the names match - it should be fine.

Thanks SusieQQQ. I had sent an email to the Embassy a few weeks ago about my case and they said "When you arrive in the U.K., you may submit a copy of your Italian passport as evidence of your right to reside in the U.K."

I emailed them about this now, but it's been over a week and I haven't heard back.