• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hello,

Maybe it's a silly question, but as my CN becomes current in November, I am thinking of making the medical exams this week (first, to avoid flu season and the vaccine, and second to have it done, so it will be one thing less to worry about it). However, as I have seen in the timeline of years before, my FO is really slow scheduling interviews... Probably mine will be schedule between March and April. So, my question is: Should I wait a couple weeks more, just in case?? What do you think??

By the way, it is only a physical exam, or it is also a blood test?? Because I read it on the spreadsheet... But I didn't foun it on the i-693 form itself.

Thanks!!!

1. You may go ahead and get the medical exam now.

2. I already explained what the medical exam involves on the AOS spreadsheet.

I am on H1B and my wife on H4 visa,recently my new employer has filed for an H1b and H4 transfer. Our visas with the past employer expired a few backs. I have all documents ready for the DV 2017 AOS package except the H4 transfer receipt number. Though I have the I129 receipt number, the h4 receipt number has not been issued (filed over 30 back) or was never delivered. Even called USCIS to track the application but they are not able to track her in the system. Should I go ahead with AOS by just giving the H1b transfer receipt number (since the H4 is tied to the H1bpetition) or should I wait for something concrete like filing the G639 to track the application and then send the AOS or may be upgrade it H1b to premium to get the decision. The H4 fees was en cashed.

I am on H1B and my wife on H4 visa,recently my new employer has filed for an H1b and H4 transfer. Our visas with the past employer expired a few backs. I have all documents ready for the DV 2017 AOS package except the H4 transfer receipt number. Though I have the I129 receipt number, the h4 receipt number has not been issued (filed over 30 back) or was never delivered. Even called USCIS to track the application but they are not able to track her in the system. Should I go ahead with AOS by just giving the H1b transfer receipt number (since the H4 is tied to the H1bpetition) or should I wait for something concrete like filing the G639 to track the application and then send the AOS or may be upgrade it H1b to premium to get the decision. The H4 fees was en cashed.

I'm guessing you could go ahead and send in the AOS package. You should have the opportunity of presenting missing documents at the time of interview.

While filling DS-260 form, there is a question: Do you want USCIS issue you an SSN card? F-2 dependants can not work here in the US therefore they will not have SSN. Answering YES to that question means want to get SSN prior to the GC approval or not? If it means applying for SSN before getting GC, I guess F-2 applicant should answer NO.

While filling DS-260 form, there is a question: Do you want USCIS issue you an SSN card? F-2 dependants can not work here in the US therefore they will not have SSN. Answering YES to that question means want to get SSN prior to the GC approval or not? If it means applying for SSN before getting GC, I guess F-2 applicant should answer NO.

You should answer Yes. Means that you want USCIS to process both, your GC and the SSN. If not, you will have to ask for SSN by yourself after getting the GC. It's easier for you if they process everything at the same time.

Whatever response you pick will not be applicable to AOSers. However it is important to point out that answering 'Yes' to the question DOES NOT mean getting a SSN before getting the GC. The question is more applicable to those processing CP. For CP, answering 'Yes' enables an authomatic SSN request generation following arrival in the US. For AOS, regardless of your response, you will still have to make a visit to your nearest SSA office to apply for the SSN. This can be done following the receipt of the EAD card (if you applied for one) or the GC itself.

You should answer Yes. Means that you want USCIS to process both, your GC and the SSN. If not, you will have to ask for SSN by yourself after getting the GC. It's easier for you if they process everything at the same time.

Not quite. This is only applicable to those going through CP. For AOS, you still have to apply for the SSN yourself regarding of what your response to the question was on the DS-260 form.

My D-i-L and son both are Chemical Engineers and they had previously translated, certified and apostille their university diplomas, however they haven´t done the same with their HS diplomas.
Q1- It is mandatory to handle the HS diplomas too with the AOS package?
Q2- If the above is afirmative, do the HS diplomas need to be apostille or just translation is enough.?

Thanks

I just understand that in form DS-260 I made a mistake in the name of my current city. I wrote the previous city I was living in. Is there any way I can correct my mistake? can I email them and ask them to change it?

Thanks.

I'm a student with fund from my adviser. the problem is that my letter of offer is till the end of April. which is less than a year. and my salary is higher than $15000 annually. now should I find some one for financial support? or just with my letter of offer I can send my documents?

Thanks

it's asked for 2 passport photos. unless sending form I-131. if I want to send it, the number of photos will be three?

Thanks.

My D-i-L and son both are Chemical Engineers and they had previously translated, certified and apostille their university diplomas, however they haven´t done the same with their HS diplomas.
Q1- It is mandatory to handle the HS diplomas too with the AOS package?
Q2- If the above is afirmative, do the HS diplomas need to be apostille or just translation is enough.?

Thanks

1. It is advisable to include the HS diploma.

2. Certified translation only.

I just understand that in form DS-260 I made a mistake in the name of my current city. I wrote the previous city I was living in. Is there any way I can correct my mistake? can I email them and ask them to change it?

Thanks.

You can always email KCC and request for them to unlock the DS-260 form to enable you make corrections as needed. Check your selectee notification letter for guidance on how to contact the KCC.

I'm a student with fund from my adviser. the problem is that my letter of offer is till the end of April. which is less than a year. and my salary is higher than $15000 annually. now should I find some one for financial support? or just with my letter of offer I can send my documents?

Thanks

Back up plan - get an affidavit of support.

it's asked for 2 passport photos. unless sending form I-131. if I want to send it, the number of photos will be three?

Thanks.

Send the number of photos corresponding to the total amount required for each form you will be including with your package.

Hi , I have a question about medical. Since I was asylee I have medical ; is there any chance that it cause problem for me in interview?

Hi , I have a question about medical. Since I was asylee I have medical ; is there any chance that it cause problem for me in interview?

Not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if it's okay to use a copy of the medical report you already used for your asylum petition for your AOS petition also?