• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Don't duplicate the same post on multiple threads. Post once and wait for a response. Your questions have been answered on the 2018 AOS thread.
Sorry I only posted this question once. How do I find similar questions? Can't find a search box just for AOS 2017

How can I find out about their experience? Thank you!

You can use the search glass/button to search for AOS cases in Boston. You can also take a look at the Timelines spreadsheets for more information on their cases (and links to their forum post). As a matter of fact, there's a post from yesterday on this Thread in which I confirmed two DV2017 cases in Boston have been interviewed.

Yes, there are people with experiences from the Boston FO. Take a look at the Timelines spreadsheets from 2011 to date to get an idea of the applicable processing time for your FO and others.

We actually got our interview letter later yesterday. Yeyy! Our interview date is June 7. The postage on the envelope was marked May 24. I hope other Boston people (and everyone else for that matter) start receiving their letters as well. Wish us luck and thank you!

I got the NOA letter on 15th May and I signed up for online case status check on 15th itself. Made alerts "on" for both mobile and e-mail alerts. Got my bio-metric letter today and the postage date was 23rd. I did not get any notifications though. Thought an alert is sent when the bio-metric/interview letter is posted or my understanding is wrong?

I got the NOA letter on 15th May and I signed up for online case status check on 15th itself. Made alerts "on" for both mobile and e-mail alerts. Got my bio-metric letter today and the postage date was 23rd. I did not get any notifications though. Thought an alert is sent when the bio-metric/interview letter is posted or my understanding is wrong?

Hmm! That's interesting. Yes a text and/or email notification should have been sent. Not sure why you didn't receive any. Thanks for the update on this.

Do let us know if your IL also shows up without a notification being sent.

Neither my wife nor I received a notification related to biometrics either. We too signed up weeks before receiving the letter in the mail.

Hmm! That's interesting. Yes a text and/or email notification should have been sent. Not sure why you didn't receive any. Thanks for the update on this.

I never got a notification for my biometrics or interview letter. It's probably normal and I guess it depends on the field office.

Sure. I will update on it.

I never got a notification for my biometrics or interview letter. It's probably normal and I guess it depends on the field office.

This may be a new trend, but I need to get more reports on this before I can conclusively say they no longer send notifications.

What was normal when I went through the process and until last year was that once you sign up online for update notifications, you receive a text and/or email (depending on your opinion selection) once something gets mailed out to yourself.

It is not FO dependent, the system automatically generates the notices. As a matter of fact, the website still shows creating an account enables you to automatically get updates and notices:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/showSplash.do;jsessionid=561C54CF5CE9A7D709013FBE2850364F

This may be a new trend, but I need to get more reports on this before I can conclusively say they no longer send notifications.

What was normal when I went through the process and until last year was that once you sign up online for update notifications, you receive a text and/or email (depending on your opinion selection) once something gets mailed out to yourself.

It is not FO dependent, the system automatically generates the notices. As a matter of fact, the website still shows creating an account enables you to automatically get updates and notices:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/showSplash.do;jsessionid=561C54CF5CE9A7D709013FBE2850364F

My experience so far is consistent with mira88's. My status has been at Fingerprint Fee Received since they accepted my package, and it's been 4+ months since my biometrics and a week since my interview letter.

My experience so far is consistent with mira88's. My status has been at Fingerprint Fee Received since they accepted my package, and it's been 4+ months since my biometrics and a week since my interview letter.

Did you create an online account for status updates after you received your NOA?

You opened the account well in advance of when your IL was mailed and you didn't get any notification when the IL was mailed? That's interesting.

Notwithstanding I need to clear some misconceptions though.

Regardless of if one created an online account or not, the displayed online status will not change from bio fee received until the petition is either approved or denied. So there's no point in bringing this into the conversations about receiving notifications.

If you created an online account and requested for notifications, you will receive rapid change notifications when the petition gets approved or denied, regardless of if you received those notifications when the bio and IL got mailed out or not.

You opened the account well in advance of when your IL was mailed and you didn't get any notification when the IL was mailed? That's interesting.

Notwithstanding I need to clear some misconceptions though.

Regardless of if one created an online account or not, the displayed online status will not change from bio fee received until the petition is either approved or denied. So there's no point in bringing this into the conversations about receiving notifications.

If you created an online account and requested for notifications, you will receive rapid change notifications when the petition gets approved or denied, regardless of if you received those notifications when the bio and IL got mailed out or not.

To be fair, I actually received my interview letter when I went to an InfoPass inquiring about my case, so that may change things. But yeah, I made account a week after the receipt notice or so, and nothing has change there since.