• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Thanks a lot again!!! I love you all!!!

Regarding changing from F1 to permanent resident holding green card, did anyone in similar situation experienced any difficulties / surprises?
Also are we supposed to register for something like the army service once we get the green card?

To everyone else: I'm from Providence field office. I will get my case onto timeline soon - too busy with finals these few days... :'(

Here another ex-F1 visa holder. Once I got the actual GC I applied for a SSN. When I had both cards in my hands I went to the International Student Office and changed my status. I could keep the health insurance, since I had already paid for the semester. Nothing to worry about.

look like a lot NY FO field office are struggling to get heir appointements...Any reason to start worrying ? Because of the volume, I was expecting the NY FO office to know more about DVlottery and its deadline of Sep 30th.

look like a lot NY FO field office are struggling to get heir appointements...Any reason to start worrying ? Because of the volume, I was expecting the NY FO office to know more about DVlottery and its deadline of Sep 30th.

Didn't someone just say yesterday or the day before that the NY FO seems to be one of the ones that like to batch DV appointments? Meaning they wait to get a bunch of DV cases before scheduling all of them around the same time.

Didn't someone just say yesterday or the day before that the NY FO seems to be one of the ones that like to batch DV appointments? Meaning they wait to get a bunch of DV cases before scheduling all of them around the same time.

Yep I did. But it seems people prefer to bash their FOs on what they perceive to be the FO's 'lack of knowledge' rather than pay attention to all the information they're being provided with.

I mean even if I never mentioned the fact about batching DV cases, a check of the Timeline spreadsheets will clearly show the FO in general is familiar with DV based AOS petitions.

Hello Mom,
Update on my case not receiving the green card after approval. I field request online for not receiving my green card today they reply asking me to file I-90 and pay $450. I called the USCIS they said you could also file I-912 to wave the fee, there is a chance they might wave it. I also checked with post office they can't track packages from a month ago especially that there was no signature required.
I am wondering what should I write on my I-912 application especially now I am not working. Also, is it ok to say that I didn't receive the tracking number.

Hello Mom,
Regard My husband's case: After going to the infopass, they told him that your case was still on the timeline. Today, he is 92 days after the interview. By mid-June, it will be 120 days and they say if you exceed 120 days, we can file an inquiry. Should we wait or is there something he should do.

Hello Mom,
Update on my case not receiving the green card after approval. I field request online for not receiving my green card today they reply asking me to file I-90 and pay $450. I called the USCIS they said you could also file I-912 to wave the fee, there is a chance they might wave it. I also checked with post office they can't track packages from a month ago especially that there was no signature required.
I am wondering what should I write on my I-912 application especially now I am not working. Also, is it ok to say that I didn't receive the tracking number.

I'm so sorry you still do not have your GC. It sucks to have to be going through all these after coming this far!

Unfortunately since USPS's records indicate the card was delivered, you'll need to pay for a replacement card.

You can include the fee waiver form and indicate financial hardship based on not working as the basis of filing for the fee waiver. No guarantee it will be approved. And yes you can also indicate you never even got a tracking number to start with.

By the way, what does your online status currently shows?

Meanwhile, I suggest you go on an INFOPASS and request for them to stamp your passport with an I-551 (temporary GC) to enable you have some prove of your LPR status while trying to figure out the plastic GC issue.

Hello Mom,
Regard My husband's case: After going to the infopass, they told him that your case was still on the timeline. Today, he is 92 days after the interview. By mid-June, it will be 120 days and they say if you exceed 120 days, we can file an inquiry. Should we wait or is there something he should do.

Do like they've already told you.

Do like they've already told you.

Ok, Mom thank you so much.
Here is what my online status shows ''On March 16, 2017, we mailed your new card for''. I will go for infopass as suggested and file I-90 and I-912.

For my husband, we will wait until to mid-June. I will update you soon.

I inquired about my case online since 180 days has passed since I filled for AOS, and here is the answer I received today: "A Supervisor at the XXXX field office has been notified of your inquiry. You will be scheduled for an interview in connection with your I-485; however, a date for you interview has not yet been determined. You will receive a separate letter in the mail with the date, time, and location of your interview once your interview has been scheduled. You will receive an interview notice in the mail within 30 days. "

Just wanted to put it out here just in case somebody might want to do the same.
Also, my local congressman's office is looking into this matter.

Hoping for an interview soon!

I inquired about my case online since 180 days has passed since I filled for AOS, and here is the answer I received today: "A Supervisor at the XXXX field office has been notified of your inquiry. You will be scheduled for an interview in connection with your I-485; however, a date for you interview has not yet been determined. You will receive a separate letter in the mail with the date, time, and location of your interview once your interview has been scheduled. You will receive an interview notice in the mail within 30 days. "

Nice! What state (FO) is it? So you file AOS in 2016 December?
Hope your interview coming soon.

After going for biometrics walk in.. do we have to update any governmental entity regarding our walkin ? Do we have to cancel the appointment ?

Great! Hope to get your interview very soon.
Did you receive this answer after contact to your congressman? I mean do you know did he take any action for your case and if this response is the result of his following?

Great! Hope to get your interview very soon.
Did you receive this answer after contact to your congressman? I mean do you know did he take any action for your case and if this response is the result of his following?
I did the online inquiry and contacted my congressman around the same time; so not sure if both had to do with the answer I received, or just because of my online inquiry.

I did the online inquiry and contacted my congressman around the same time; so not sure if both had to do with the answer I received, or just because of my online inquiry.

Hey John where did you fill in the online inquiry? I sent my AOS petition away 3 weeks ago (so obviously not worried yet) but would be good to nudge it along if possible.

Thanks