• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
U idiot or what? U saw 125,000 and people who got selected, then prove it, did u see cns? Ur for sure arabic hehehe

What is the point of that?

By the way I am finding more and more of your posts rather rude, but when it gets to targeting people on ethnicity or nationality then it just gets plain offensive.

Please , if you can't add something new , don't post. I find that many posts here are offensive and shallow

@siliconeslinger we are waiting their answer, and it seems those people the don't give #### about us:mad:! they don't even care, what kind of people are they? :mad::mad:

On the other hand, as it makes no practical difference to any winner or to them if someone knows a day later, why should they be awake through the night working on a problem? It's not like it's time critical for anyone, with the first interviews 5 months away.

Yeah i wouldn't be surprised if this guy is from Australia or Europe, certainly not a third world country like most of us are living in, hence the differing opinions

Find it silly for Europeans and Australians to get sad because of not selected when I'd jump in excitement for a chance of living in their country, it's just that Europe and Australia immigration policies are strict that i don't wanna immigrate there, America is the easiest country to migrate to

We've had this 'argument' from other people before....nobody has the right to question other people's aspirations to change their lives in whatever shape or form. This includes people from so called "third world" countries thinking people from so called "first world" countries had no right to be as sad as them, just based on poverty or affluency levels. That is complete BS.

I also don't agree with you that "America" is the "easiest" to migrate to. Based on what assumption, since you cannot speak from experience!

I immigrated to Australia from Germany in 2001. I worked my way up from being an international student to permanent resident within two years, and I had dual citizenship after four years since arriving. I don't think this would be possible as smoothly in the US.

It's 6:20am on the west coast now. I presume poor simon and mom will soon be busy trying to clean up some of the nonsense on this thread.

Im in the South America region but I live in the Caribbean
Well, it's a pretty normal chance, 2.75% (11/400). Small countries (or countries with a low number of participants) also show more variation in the proportions of selected entries. I think the Caribbean region is taken together with south america, because the results of the dv lotteries are shown as "South America, Central America and the Caribbean", but I'm not sure of this.
Also, for your part of the world this might be of influence: "*The Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) passed by Congress in November 1997 stipulated that up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas be made available for use under the NACARA program."

Last edited:
I also don't agree with you that "America" is the "easiest" to migrate to. Based on what assumption, since you cannot speak from experience!

I immigrated to Australia from Germany in 2001. I worked my way up from being an international student to permanent resident within two years, and I had dual citizenship after four years since arriving. I don't think this would be possible as smoothly in the US.

Agreed. The only way in which the U.S. is easiest to migrate to is....if you win the lottery!

For anyone with an education but no family ties, Australia, NZ and Canada - and UK in the old days - was much easier to migrate to than the U.S. Could have done any of those if we had wanted to. I personally believe the U.S. should also switch to a points based system and reduce the amazing amount of family visas (I'd say DV too but at 50k a year it's not a major issue) but that's a debate for another day.

We've had this 'argument' from other people before....nobody has the right to question other people's aspirations to change their lives in whatever shape or form. This includes people from so called "third world" countries thinking people from so called "first world" countries had no right to be as sad as them, just based on poverty or affluency levels. That is complete BS.

Because you're from Australia, if you were from my country then Germany wouldn't have accepted you as easily because I'm from a third world country.. You know that not all passports are created equal, i can't even go to your country without making a visa beforehand..

Agreed. The only way in which the U.S. is easiest to migrate to is....if you win the lottery!

For anyone with an education but no family ties, Australia, NZ and Canada - and UK in the old days - was much easier to migrate to than the U.S. Could have done any of those if we had wanted to. I personally believe the U.S. should also switch to a points based system and reduce the amazing amount of family visas (I'd say DV too but at 50k a year it's not a major issue) but that's a debate for another day.

Well education based visa as well as profession based ones are very difficult and a huge pain in the arse to obtain unless you're a rocket scientist who just invented somethijg or a millionare with deep pockets who can provide jobs to their citizens

I guess if you are getting directly "has not been selected" page you are not selected, maybe there is a chance if you are getting error or session time out pages. Thats mean I am not selected again and again, it has been 12 years I was not selected. I will not attempt again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.