• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

How long does it take to get the visa in the passport when issued for people who have to travel from another country to the interview place? Considering the facts that once may need to go back in jis country as soon as possible due to the finances involved in a long stay in a hotel. Does the CO/KCC consider that?

How long does it take to get the visa in the passport when issued for people who have to travel from another country to the interview place? Considering the facts that once may need to go back in jis country as soon as possible due to the finances involved in a long stay in a hotel. Does the CO/KCC consider that?

Embassies differ on standard times. It can be anywhere from a day or two, to a week depending on embassy. Your best bet for a guideline is to search the forum for past interview experiences at the embassy you will be at, people often post how long the visas will take/have taken to be issued. I'm sure they are sympathetic to the costs involved with travelling for interviews but I don't think they can prioritize visa issuance based on where someone lives.

Hello Moderators.i just collected my medical results and now waiting for d interview,my question is ;1)I found out that the vaccination was done in April instead of May and i intend to travel in october.Will my medical still be valid?

Hello Moderators.i just collected my medical results and now waiting for d interview,my question is ;1)I found out that the vaccination was done in April instead of May and i intend to travel in october.Will my medical still be valid?

You "found out"??? You were there!

Anyway, the medical date (plus 6 months) determines the visa expiry date.

You just collected results of an exam done around 2 months ago? Curious, why did you do the medical so far in advance?
and why did it take you so long to get the results?

You "found out"??? You were there!

:D

Hello mods, we did our medicals this week while our interview is at the beginning of August. The spouse (beneficiary ) was told to go for further tests which which take 8 weeks (the results will be out by around 7th Sept) hence a definite AP. We're praying that the AP will be resolved immediately after the medical results to enable us beat the 30th Sept deadline.

You just collected results of an exam done around 2 months ago? Curious, why did you do the medical so far in advance?
and why did it take you so long to get the results?

:D
Its like u didnot get my question well.they had to write May but she wrote April,besides thats how the medical results delay in Cameroon.You r advise to do it Weeks before interview.The results take 3wks to come out.

Its like u didnot get my question well.they had to write May but she wrote April,besides thats how the medical results delay in Cameroon.You r advise to do it Weeks before interview.The results take 3wks to come out.

You're right, I didn't get it well. I still don't. Are you saying they made a mistake writing April instead of May?

Hello mods, I have tried to register for courier services (DHL)but it's hanging midway. My consulate appointment date and time is greyed out (disabled) meaning I can't choose it to enable me continue. What can be the problem? Thanks in advance.
NB. My interview is next month.

Hello mods, I have tried to register for courier services (DHL)but it's hanging midway. My consulate appointment date and time is greyed out (disabled) meaning I can't choose it to enable me continue. What can be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Since you got your 2nl and it has your interview date its not a must you register for DHL before the interview so don't worry to much about that...after your interview they will give you a form on how to go about DHL

THe DHL system is not used to setup appointments for DV cases. So - you need to choose whatever options (different case types) you have to to allow the system to let you register with your DV case number, but not get an appointment.

Hello Britsimon and the other moderators,i thank u all for the support and guidelines u gave to me before my interview.I had my interview on tuesday and it all went well.was asked to pick up my visa in 2 weeks.God Bless U All.I don't know where to post the interview experience

hello @Britsimon and every else
please help me. I have written about this in the past so the story will sound familiar.
I am the DV winner. Have a husband and a child. Went for interview knowing that husband has a criminal record for being in possession of stolen goods 14 years ago. Interview went "well". Mine approved and childs approved. They said that they wanted to do some investigation to determine if husband knew at the time that goods were stolen ( ie trying to determine if crime was CMIT). They kept all passports and said they would contact me the next day or the following with feedback.
I knew at the time that there was almost no way to determine this as I myself had tried to get records - and couldn't.
well....2 weeks have passed and i have heard zero. Tried emailing - no reply. Tried calling - nothing. should i just rock up at the Embassy ?
any advise appreciated. Cant let the sept deadline pass.
ps at the time of the "pending" - interviewer indicated that waiver would assist but that in DV no waiver can be applied for due to time. Already contacted a USA attorney who said waiver would 90% be successful. Please help.
thank you very much

I will attend my interview next week and it will take place in another country rather than my native country. For this reason I notarized all my papers from The Foreign Ministry of my country except high school certificate which I couldn't manage to do.
I have my bachelor degree certificate notarized, what are my chances???