• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

The US only cares that he enters the US before his visa expires. Not where people stop along the way (well, as long as it is not a country on the terrorism watchlist, anyway.) . If I'm not mistaken, Kenyans need visas to visit the UK so he will need to get a visit visa from the UK to be able to leave the airport and visit his friend. (If you don't leave the airport, having a US visa or immigrant visa package exempts you from the requirement for a UK transit visa.)
Thanks a lot @ sussieQQQ.... we had never thought along that line. I'll pass the info

Thanks a lot @ sussieQQQ.... we had never thought along that line. I'll pass the info

Ok. Getting a UK visitor visa is quite a tedious process...it's a long long form, it's a fairly expensive visa, and he will also need to get biometrics done for the visa so will need to have time for that. It may need to be done at least a month before be plans to travel as well (I'm not sure how long Nairobi processing takes) and obviously he will need his passport for that too. More info here: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

Ok. Getting a UK visitor visa is quite a tedious process...it's a long long form, it's a fairly expensive visa, and he will also need to get biometrics done for the visa so will need to have time for that. It may need to be done at least a month before be plans to travel as well (I'm not sure how long Nairobi processing takes) and obviously he will need his passport for that too. More info here: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview
Thanks once again Susie... he better meets the person at the airport then proceed with his journey.

Thanks once again Susie... he better meets the person at the airport then proceed with his journey.

That's going to require having a visa too as he will need to pass through immigration into the arrival hall in order to meet with this relative. He will not be admitted into the UK without the right kind of visa.

about medicals if you have a problem with breathing kinda Asthma or sinuses will that affect your X-Ray results. i am in such a position and i am afraid when they do a medical exam they will think i have a scar in my lungs

I've been reading through the ghanian winners thread and noticed that a mistake in the order of the names can be disqualifying. I did such mistake on the initial entry,wrote C A B instead of ABC following the order in my official documents. While filling the DS 260, I repeated the same because I am confuse with the difference between surnames and given names. I don't really get how to differentiate them since my names are written following a french style. I remember that the same was done on my husb. nd bby as well and I'm current in August(waiting for the 2NL)...
Is it too late to ask the KCC to unlock my DS260 to correct that?
Can that be disqualifying? I read that CO in Ghana are very sensitives to such mistakes due to the high level of fraud there. Since I'm not ghanian and think my country isn't fraudulent like Ghana. can this be overlooked by the CO?

I've been reading through the ghanian winners thread and noticed that a mistake in the order of the names can be disqualifying. I did such mistake on the initial entry,wrote C A B instead of ABC following the order in my official documents. While filling the DS 260, I repeated the same because I am confuse with the difference between surnames and given names. I don't really get how to differentiate them since my names are written following a french style. I remember that the same was done on my husb. nd bby as well and I'm current in August(waiting for the 2NL)...
Is it too late to ask the KCC to unlock my DS260 to correct that?
Can that be disqualifying? I read that CO in Ghana are very sensitives to such mistakes due to the high level of fraud there. Since I'm not ghanian and think my country isn't fraudulent like Ghana. can this be overlooked by the CO?

Your DS260 must be accurate. Correct it.

What are the requirements for the persone who sign the affidavit? If the person will host three people,are there requirements on the size of the person's house and financial income? How can this influence the visa application?

I have the DV visa but i am changing the host before i travel to the US. The new host lives in a different state from the original one. Can i fly directly to the new state? will i have issues at POE? or do i have to first move through the state of the original host then to the new state?

I have the DV visa but i am changing the host before i travel to the US. The new host lives in a different state from the original one. Can i fly directly to the new state? will i have issues at POE? or do i have to first move through the state of the original host then to the new state?

You can fly in to any POE you want. If you need to change the address that you have on the forms (as it is the address your social security and green cards will get sent to) ask the officer at the POE to change it - s/he may even ask you if need the address changed if you fly into a different state, ours did. None of this will be a cause for any issues or problems.

You can fly in to any POE you want. If you need to change the address that you have on the forms (as it is the address your social security and green cards will get sent to) ask the officer at the POE to change it - s/he may even ask you if need the address changed if you fly into a different state, ours did. None of this will be a cause for any issues or problems.

Great! Thank you SusieQQQ for your response!