• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Well, 250quids or 350 is not such a difference after almost 2000 paid so far....strange concept of "winning a lottery"

It's not a money lottery....!!! I'm sure the instructions specify that if you are selected there are costs to actually get the visa.

My H1B cost about $10000 and I was on that status for 6 months before I adjusted to LPR. I have friends that have spent over $20k and 10 years trying to get a Green Card - and many more have NO route to get a Green Card. So - the lottery still is the fastest/cheapest way to get a Green Card. I think you underestimate how big a deal it is. Of course - for someone from Western EU, the value is perceived as being less because you are already in a very good first world situation. For someone from other places and other situations, the benefit of a GC might be much more dramatic and at times closer to life or death.
It's not a money lottery....!!! I'm sure the instructions specify that if you are selected there are costs to actually get the visa.

SusieQ, Britsimon, I am totally aware of what you said, my comment was ironic and I would never want to sound ungrateful or non respectful towards those who really need it and struggled for it.
I am indeed glad for this privileged chance to access such a country.
However, you got exactly the point, there are a multitude of scenarios to be considered.
For example I applied 4years ago almost faithlessly, in a particular circumstance of my life. I knew I could never rely on that possibility, so in the mean time I basically restarted from zero in different countries. So now it is getting quite demanding to cope with all these expenses at once for something that no longer or just partially responds to those needs and that is probably going to take me away from everything I created here, with great efforts, since then.
The fact that I am still going for it is that I am sure it will offer new opportunities to further improve my condition. And it would be stupid not to. US is an mazing country.
So finger crossed!

Visa Bulletin is published for December Interviews.
I don’t understand why this trend of visa bulletin when the number of the selectees is smaller this year for Europe.

Last edited:
Visa Bulletin is published for December Interviews.
I don’t understand why this trend of visa bulletin when the number of the selectees is smaller this year for Europe.
it might slow a lil bit later and we start seeing addition of 100+ but still Europe will run current. May the Almighty help our year at least for regions to see good numbers with no disappointments. Ameen

with such a lovely number just relax you will get the interview. I'm having AF55*** but am positive that almighty lord will make it happen because even being selected wasn't my knowledge so I believe it will all end well
Thanks. I hope that you also have success

Hi, my cn is 21***.When did you send DS-260?
For first time I have submitted on May 07 but I unlocked for some changes and I have completed again on September 09.
I think we need to wait until Mars-April to be current.

my frn had applied processing to get second letter in june -4,2015..his case no is 55##..he is from nepal. When can he get his second letter plz....

~ Post moved from the 2016 AOS Thread ~

Last edited by a moderator:
my frn had applied processing to get second letter in june -4,2015..his case no is 55##..he is from nepal. When can he get his second letter plz....

~ Post moved from the 2016 AOS Thread ~

Please don't post general questions on the DV 2016 AOS Thread again, that Thread is intended for selectees already based in the US and who are processing AOS. You can ask your general questions related to DV 2016 on this particular Thread which I've moved your post (and the previous one) to.

My number is 21****. I also unlocked my application and resent it in September. I live in Southern Europe. Does anyone have any idea when I am going to be called for the interview? Are they going to notify me soon so that I have enough time to prepare? Thank you for your answers in advance!

My number is 21****. I also unlocked my application and resent it in September. I live in Southern Europe. Does anyone have any idea when I am going to be called for the interview? Are they going to notify me soon so that I have enough time to prepare? Thank you for your answers in advance!
"Are they going to notify me soon so that I have enough time to prepare?" Not sure what they should be quite informing you of at this stage, as you are not current yet... In any case, if you would like to start preparing for the interview, i.e. by collecting documents etc., please go right ahead. A good place to start would be here http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html
Good luck!

"Are they going to notify me soon so that I have enough time to prepare?" Not sure what they should be quite informing you of at this stage, as you are not current yet... ..[........]
Good luck!

Thank you! I don't know when I am considered as ''current''. That's why I am asking.

Thank you! I don't know when I am considered as ''current''. That's why I am asking.
I see - no problem: you become current if and when your CN is below the number published in the monthly Visa Bulletin for your DV region. It is therefore important to check this document every month, please let us know if you need a link. Again, good luck.

Last edited:
EURO2014 and Britsmon, thank you for your help! It is really useful!

Last edited:
EURO2014 and Britsmon, thank you for your help! It is really useful!
You are welcome. It certainly is a good idea to make yourself knowledgeable on the specifics of the DV process, as it will keep you very busy over the coming months and serious mistakes must be avoided. In terms of regional CN progression 2016 and previous years, see here: https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/riphone.do?rid=xmy6ue226758a2abd4068b3b9de3c988cbea1 It will give you an indication on the time frame when you can expect your CN to become Current.

Last edited: