• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Where is your interview? Unless you are at a very quiet consulate like Sydney it's generally a bad idea. Even if your embassy allows you to delay you won't be able to choose the new date, you'll have to take what they give you. Someone here ended up with something like a 10-month delay in DV2015, others have been unsuccessful in getting new dates. Then again it seems Sydney is easy to reschedule. May I ask why you want to delay?
Thanks both for information.
My interview will hold on Hong Kong Asia.
May be I will try to contact embassy first.

Thanks both for information.
My interview will hold on Hong Kong Asia.
May be I will try to contact embassy first.

We don't see much about the HK embassy here, so yes might be better to contact them and see what they say.

Hi everyone. My case number is EU00022XXX. Do I have any chances to be given a Green Card or is it too high? Also in case I get lucky the interview will be held next year I am guessing right?

Hi everyone. My case number is EU00022XXX. Do I have any chances to be given a Green Card or is it too high? Also in case I get lucky the interview will be held next year I am guessing right?
Thanks in advance!

Your number is not too high. In fact I don't think EU has any numbers that are too high this year - I expect EU and OC to go current.

Your interview will be in the summer 2016.

Hi Britsimon, Susie, and Mom

I am currently holding F-1 OPT till May 31, 2016. My 2015 DV number is current in October 2015, however I planned to enter U.S. on August 31 since I have a job offer that requires me to fly back to the States. I understand that there is high risk since I have submitted my DS-260 on July 20th and the act might be interpreted as immigration intention. Do you have any suggestions regarding my case? Thanks so much for your kind answering.

I am currently holding F-1 OPT till May 31, 2016. My 2015 DV number is current in October 2015, however I planned to enter U.S. on August 31 since I have a job offer that requires me to fly back to the States. I understand that there is high risk since I have submitted my DS-260 on July 20th and the act might be interpreted as immigration intention. Do you have any suggestions regarding my case? Thanks so much for your kind answering.

Do you mean your DV2016 number?
And you are planning to enter the U.S. with the intention to adjust status?

Do you mean your DV2016 number?
And you are planning to enter the U.S. with the intention to adjust status?
1. Yes, I mean my DV-2016 number. Sorry for confusion.
2. Nope, I would like to proceed with CP instead AOS. Once I get my interview confirmation, I will return to my country for interview purpose.
I am returning because of my job requires me to do so.

After taking interview in October, can we get visa in 2015 and it is allowed to go to the USA or we can only take visa in 2016 and go to the USA in 2016?

Admissions or readmissions into the U.S. is always at the discretion of the CBP regardless of whether an alien has demonstrated prior immigrant intent or not. No one here can categorically say if you will be denied admission or not, however it's worth giving it a shot. Just be truthful at the POE if queried about your immigrant intent as demonstrated by the earlier submission of your DS260 form.

After taking interview in October, can we get visa in 2015 and it is allowed to go to the USA or we can only take visa in 2016 and go to the USA in 2016?

Yes you can depart for the U.S. the very first day after getting your visa (or even the same day) if you wish regardless of the year.

Hello All!!
My case number is EU00012XXX
And I have just signed/submitted the DS-260 form.
Could you advise on possible interview date?
Is there anything else I need to be aware of besides collecting the documents, medical exams?

Hello All!!
My case number is EU00012XXX
And I have just signed/submitted the DS-260 form.
Could you advise on possible interview date?
Is there anything else I need to be aware of besides collecting the documents, medical exams?

Well - the DS260 takes around 3 months to process. So - if you "just" submitted (like yesterday) you are looking at a January or February interview.

Make sure you read the dvselectee instructions!

1. Yes, I mean my DV-2016 number. Sorry for confusion.
2. Nope, I would like to proceed with CP instead AOS. Once I get my interview confirmation, I will return to my country for interview purpose.
I am returning because of my job requires me to do so.

Ah ok, in that case if the CBP officer asks you indicate that this is the plan. Presumably you will have a return ticket to back you up so it hopefully won't be a problem.

Well - the DS260 takes around 3 months to process. So - if you "just" submitted (like yesterday) you are looking at a January or February interview.

Make sure you read the dvselectee instructions!

Thank you! :)

What does the case number mean? I noticed you mentioned something above about case numbers related to timing of the interview.
Also, what exact instructions are you referring to? Is there anything else besides this web site http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected.html ?

Thank you! :)

What does the case number mean? I noticed you mentioned something above about case numbers related to timing of the interview.
Also, what exact instructions are you referring to? Is there anything else besides this web site http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected.html ?

Yes, the case number determines when you interview as per the visa bulletin.

The above page (and following ones) are the ones simon was referring to, but make sure you read all the linked pages (reciprocity by country, special embassy instructions, etc) too.

I foresee a visit to britsimonsays.com in your near future ;)