• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

HI every body
I have a question regarding recieving visa
howlong will it take to recieve my visa after interview?
thank you
Different embassies would have different timelines. Some embassies do it in one day, some - in two weeks.
Read what they say on your embassy website.
That is if you don't get on AP.

Thank You @SusieQQQ @EmilyW @Britsimon @Sensei-san @Sm1smom For all the good idea !! if she reports to the embassy , will the embassy respond ? because lot of winners go to ask information from Embassy in my country about DV, Embassy said they didn't have information about DV, they recommend people to check and follow through the DV website. it's common reply from US embassy in my country and they don provide information at all.
since her relative have her case number and email registration, they can decide to cancel the DS-260 Form or unlock the form anytime and change information . it's big problem for her. I think maybe she doesnt have choice but to give the money 6000$ to her relative after her visa is issued. Her relative require her to give 6000$ if she can pass interview and got visa issued and if not pass interview, relative will not take the money.
It is a valid point that the relative is in the position to tamper with the DS260.
As for the embassy we really don't know how does it feel about the agents. Technically, when one submits an eDV, one is asked whether the submission was done by someone else. The agents probably apply in the first person, as if an applicant entered herself. So, if a selectee would later say that it was an agent who applied as an argument for black mailing.... I don't really know how big of a deal it is for KCC or embassy.
Does it have to be 6000, how about some family discount? Hold on, I remember you saying 7000-10000 is the market rate, so 6000 is probably already factoring the family rate.

It is a valid point that the relative is in the position to tamper with the DS260.
As for the embassy we really don't know how does it feel about the agents. Technically, when one submits an eDV, one is asked whether the submission was done by someone else. The agents probably apply in the first person, as if an applicant entered herself. So, if a selectee would later say that it was an agent who applied as an argument for black mailing.... I don't really know how big of a deal it is for KCC or embassy.
Does it have to be 6000, how about some family discount? Hold on, I remember you saying 7000-10000 is the market rate, so 6000 is probably already factoring the family rate.
Market price for agent in my country is surely between 7000 to 10000 and this year DV2016 i heard from someone say it is up to 15000. They don get money first, they take the money after the visa issued . for her case , I help her a lot , i spend time to help her to retrieve the Case number but only last chance that she didn't have email of her cousin. that's last point of DV. I think her relative will be surely taking 6000$ without discount and she told me that 6000$ is not problem for her if she really got the VISA.

Market price for agent in my country is surely between 7000 to 10000 and this year DV2016 i heard from someone say it is up to 15000. They don get money first, they take the money after the visa issued . for her case , I help her a lot , i spend time to help her to retrieve the Case number but only last chance that she didn't have email of her cousin. that's last point of DV. I think her relative will be surely taking 6000$ without discount and she told me that 6000$ is not problem for her if she really got the VISA.
The agent fees are very high in Cambodia. But at least they charge people after visa issuance, and, besides raising the price for succesful selectees, it also motivates agents to use accurate info for registration and DS260.

I don't judge nobody, but if I decided to use an agent and the agent did his job right, I would feel obligated to deliver on the commitments assumed before that agent.
I know your friend's situation is probably different, where a relative became an agent after selection.

The agent fees are very high in Cambodia. But at least they charge people after visa issuance, and, besides raising the price for succesful selectees, it also motivates agents to use accurate info for registration and DS260.

I don't judge nobody, but if I decided to use an agent and the agent did his job right, I would feel obligated to deliver on the commitments assumed before that agent.
I know your friend's situation is probably different, where a relative became an agent after selection.

How about the more usual situation, when the agent doesn't exactly tell you what your commitment is until they have your CN and then basically blackmails you? "Oh sure let me register you for a small fee" "oh you won, well too bad I forgot to mention I'd want a few thousand dollars before releasing your info"

Wow these people run a real business. All this time I thought they charge you a small fee for registration and thats about it. Never knew theres a back end deal. Well my advise is once you get VISA tell the agent to suck it off and your off to USA.

Hi @Sensei-san @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom @EmilyW
Yesterday I was helping another friend of my cousin to obtain his Case Number 2015AS000083xx ,his story is like this.
Agent that claiming as organization had registered his eDV for free, then when he got selected , the organization informed him and asked him to prepare all the documents and had the contract that if he passed interview and got the VISA, he need to pay him 7000$. That's it . it's the story of him.
By listening to his case, I offer myself to help him and try to search and locate his case number . I try to log into DS-260 form and use the email that fill inside the form to find out his Entrance Number but it's not correct. so his case must be same as the girl I already help yesterday , Agents still have advantage because I couldnt find the email to print out 2NL when his case become currents.
Ok That's all !!!! Just to inform people in the forum about his case . I will try to help other people in my country if I hear their story against stupid agents.

Yesterday I was helping another friend of my cousin to obtain his Case Number 2015AS000083xx ,his story is like this.
Agent that claiming as organization had registered his eDV for free, then when he got selected , the organization informed him and asked him to prepare all the documents and had the contract that if he passed interview and got the VISA, he need to pay him 7000$. That's it . it's the story of him.
By listening to his case, I offer myself to help him and try to search and locate his case number . I try to log into DS-260 form and use the email that fill inside the form to find out his Entrance Number but it's not correct. so his case must be same as the girl I already help yesterday , Agents still have advantage because I couldnt find the email to print out 2NL when his case become currents.
Ok That's all !!!! Just to inform people in the forum about his case . I will try to help other people in my country if I hear their story against stupid agents.
Paying that much money is crazy, Why I say that is for some people, once they come to US they get fed up of it and it doesnt work out for them (I know several people who returned back to their home country and never to return). Minimum requirement for the DV lottery is High school, and it is very hard to find a regular job with that qualification. Most of the times even with foreign bachelors degrees jobs are hard to come by (With the exception of IT). On top of this if you have to pay $7000 and if the US dream doesn't work out those people are in a big loss.

Paying that much money is crazy, Why I say that is for some people, once they come to US they get fed up of it and it doesnt work out for them (I know several people who returned back to their home country and never to return). Minimum requirement for the DV lottery is High school, and it is very hard to find a regular job with that qualification. Most of the times even with foreign bachelors degrees jobs are hard to come by (With the exception of IT). On top of this if you have to pay $7000 and if the US dream doesn't work out those people are in a big loss.
Kchemist. It is just common in my country for their dream to come and live in USA .people in my country seems to give very big credit to people live in USA. It's funny that people in my country with rich family , they still want their son or daughter marring with guy in USA and they always think that their future is great there.

How about the more usual situation, when the agent doesn't exactly tell you what your commitment is until they have your CN and then basically blackmails you? "Oh sure let me register you for a small fee" "oh you won, well too bad I forgot to mention I'd want a few thousand dollars before releasing your info"
In that case, unless a sensible solution can be worked out, I would tell em "go suck a lemon", as Australian cowboys always say.

Similar situations are wide-spread in America. An unsophisticated consumber will be loaded with jacked up prices, hidden charges, unwanted items, adjustable rates and the likes, when purchasing/financing a car or a house. Sometimes, a salesman would not be explicit about those, other times, he would mislead you outright. This is the way salesmen make their living. It's not cool for a consumer, but it doesn't void the individual's accountability.

Knowing your heritage though, I am pretty sure it was you who took advantage of the poor salesmen when buying your Audis and BMWs.

Gosh, how many of the selectees you know personally. You will be rich if you start charging them for finding out their CNs. But don't be as greedy as the agents, charge them a modest fee, say 3000$. ;)

Gosh, how many of the selectees you know personally. You will be rich if you start charging them for finding out their CNs. But don't be as greedy as the agents, charge them a modest fee, say 3000$. ;)
Lolzzz San , I have just known 2 selectee currently and I think they may spread my words to other people that's why they try to contact me for help .Help people with pure heart is the best way of happiness even though we don have something to return lolzz... I learn from all of you and I share my knowledge to other . It's equal. lolzzz Happy to see their smiles and their hopes alive.

Kchemist. It is just common in my country for their dream to come and live in USA .people in my country seems to give very big credit to people live in USA. It's funny that people in my country with rich family , they still want their son or daughter marring with guy in USA and they always think that their future is great there.
Well thats too bad. Everyone should understand US dream is not for everyone. It works for some and it donest work for some. I think once people come here they would understand. But for the moment please advice all of them that not to pay money. Tell them real green card is actually finding a job in USA.

Well thats too bad. Everyone should understand US dream is not for everyone. It works for some and it donest work for some. I think once people come here they would understand. Tell them real green card is actually finding a job in USA.
True that - USA is nothing like in the movies, most of the time.

any help for this question ........ do you have any specialized skills or training , including firearms, explosives,nuclear, biological, or chemical experience ?